Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NORTHWEST 1/12 Q&A!

Search this Thread

Old 10-26-2007, 03:54 PM
Tech Master

Default NORTHWEST 1/12 Q&A!

Hi everyone...just wanted to start a place for NW 12th scale talk...setups...trash talk or whatever....its great to see the 12th boom that is going on...

and if you have a question for me, this is a good place....I will still answer pm's though...
Old 10-26-2007, 04:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Nice one Sean. Good of you to make your knowledge of the skills to the 1/12th available to us mere mortals. You've always pointed me in the right direction. Just wish I'd got my head outta my arse and consulted you at the SIR race. I was impressed by how miserably I did !!

Jacko
Old 10-27-2007, 08:26 AM
Tech Adept

Sean

This is a good idea. Maybe with right advice you can chase someone else, instead of everyone else chasing you!
Old 10-27-2007, 08:41 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM

and if you have a question for me, this is a good place....I will still answer pm's though...
Oh wise 1/12 scale driver, may i pose a question to you or must I climb to the top o the mountain and bow before prior?
Old 10-27-2007, 10:03 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rchoudini
Oh wise 1/12 scale driver, may i pose a question to you or must I climb to the top o the mountain and bow before prior?
dont know how to reply to this...but arent you already dialed?

I am the one factory 12th scale NW guy that is willing to help in this way....so why make fun of me?

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 10-27-2007 at 10:17 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Don't sweat the small shit Sean, we're always going to turn into faux turds for a second or two until we really need help !!

So, back to last w/end. Would blue tube lube slowed down my ability to traction roll. That would be the only thing left to do. I came to the track with a car that worked quite well ie 13.0-13.2 for the first run and it slowly went down hill. I changed to red side springs that helped for a minute then back to roll time. Then softer centre spring, worked for a minute etc. By this time, I was battling tyres and shoving the head up the b'hole.

So when I finally talked to you after the race, you had pretty much the set up I came with but for the blue stuff.

How the hell do you chase the set up ??

Always baffles me as when I go for a change, it invariably takes me in the wrong direction and my brain thinks otherwise.
Old 10-27-2007, 11:19 AM
Tech Master

as the grip comes up during an event, the biggest change I make is making my tires smaller...the natural wear from run to run is not enough...it takes a little experience to figure out how much smaller to go as the traction increases. for example, the grip came up from Saturday night to Sunday morning a bunch! and the building was warm on Sunday whitch increased traction even more. I went out there with too much traction for the last qualifier and my car was close to rolling over and twitchy.

Luckily, I nailed the setup for the main....smaller tire and less sauce time was the ticket...I was leaving the sauce on for 30 minutes....but decreased to 10 minutes for the mains...

for example: Saturday my tires were around 1.80" Rr and 1.72" Frt....for the mains I decreased to 1.75" rear and 1.67" front....these size examples are for Prism or Pro-cut tires...for small diameter wheels types, take .10" off...

and oh yah, I have been only running the blue tube lube and it will slow down the reaction time....thus prevent the tendency to roll over...

Last edited by STARSCREAM; 10-27-2007 at 11:31 AM.
Old 10-27-2007, 12:30 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by STARSCREAM
dont know how to reply to this...but arent you already dialed?

I am the one factory 12th scale NW guy that is willing to help in this way....so why make fun of me?
I'm not making fun. I have question to ask , but I'm not sure you can help.
How can I get an 1/12 scale car and have it built and actually get to drive it before someone else buy's it or needs parts so that now I have a chassis plate with rear wheels.

Your answer please
Old 10-27-2007, 12:33 PM
Tech Master

for those of you who can't tell my post was only in jest and joking.

I'm always willing to give up my cars/ parts to help others keep racing.
I was just pokin fun at you Sean.
But I would love to hear your answer as well
Old 10-27-2007, 12:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

i believe nancy said it best, "just say no"
Old 10-27-2007, 01:17 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by rchoudini
I'm not making fun. I have question to ask , but I'm not sure you can help.
How can I get an 1/12 scale car and have it built and actually get to drive it before someone else buy's it or needs parts so that now I have a chassis plate with rear wheels.

Your answer please
Ok, I think I gocha now....and your right, 12th scale guys are NEEDY! J/K

hmmm...my answer is: CA the whole car together! and put a 800 price tag on it because Dantheman built it!

you should have seen how much I bugged Barry back in the day with my 12th scale issues!

and keep giving me $hit now and then....I probably diserve it anyway!

and thats the thing with rctech....easy to get confused about what someone means in posts sometimes...

your the man Doug!

party boy out...
Old 10-27-2007, 01:32 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Yeah, blue tube lube is pretty much what I always run... Or I run a little thicker like 10K weight in the tubes. But... I've always found Frank's tube lubes to work better. They have some other lubricating properties that make it stay "wetter" and not gum up as easy, which is ideal for the Damper tubes on the 1/12 cars. Frank will be releasing a new "thicker than blue" tube lube that is pretty close to 10K.

The blue stuff seems to make the car corner flatter, transitions a smoother in comparison to the white stuff as well. It will usually produce a little better rotation through the corners as it wont let weight transfer so fast, then come back to neutral really quick. It allows the weight to sit on the tires a little more throughout the corner.

When the grip comes up this will be very helpful because it will produce more steering and wont bite into the track REALLY hard initially like the white lube will.

Hope this help some of you 1/12 junkies... and sorry for jacking your thread bud!!! hahahaha

-Korey
Old 10-27-2007, 01:37 PM
Tech Master

yah! you effen jacker!

thats why I started this thread...so we can all help out and make everyones 12th scales dialed!
Old 10-27-2007, 01:39 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Ooohhh I had a question....

So Why do you say, "party boy out..." ?

Are you trying to be like Ryan Seacrest??? J/k hahahahahahaa

-Korey
Old 10-27-2007, 01:43 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Korey Harbke
Ooohhh I had a question....

So Why do you say, "party boy out..." ?

Are you trying to be like Ryan Seacrest??? J/k hahahahahahaa

-Korey
whos ryan seacrest? sounds like someone from the village people....your scaring me bud....I have to work with you ya know...hahhahahhahahahahhha j/k

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.