Wiki Posts
Search

2012 Skagit River Raceway Off Road Series

Search this Thread

Old 07-16-2012, 11:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by GasserX
Thanks for the updates on the website (for us illiterate facebookers).

Races were run smooth as usual, great job!
What's "facebook"
Old 07-18-2012, 06:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

So I noticed most people (that were winning anyway) were running a larger pin tire last weekend like the bowtie, caliber, blockade, ect.. As oppossed to a smaller pin tire like the holeshot and DD. After the track gets rebuilt this weekend will the same hold true? Or will the Smaller pin tire be better?
Old 07-19-2012, 11:17 AM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Derry
So I noticed most people (that were winning anyway) were running a larger pin tire last weekend like the bowtie, caliber, blockade, ect.. As oppossed to a smaller pin tire like the holeshot and DD. After the track gets rebuilt this weekend will the same hold true? Or will the Smaller pin tire be better?
I would say that depends on what you're running electric or gas. Only electrics will be running during the morning at the NCT race so I don't expect there to be too much loose dirt and fluff, so I would suggest running a smaller pin tire if you’re running electric. If you’re running gas I would think you may want a slightly larger pin tire.

I ran holeshots and DD's last weekend and finished 2nd in all my classes. The only time I should have considered a larger pin tire was once the sun went down.
Old 07-19-2012, 11:59 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by doyschultz
I would say that depends on what you're running electric or gas. Only electrics will be running during the morning at the NCT race so I don't expect there to be too much loose dirt and fluff, so I would suggest running a smaller pin tire if you’re running electric. If you’re running gas I would think you may want a slightly larger pin tire.

I ran holeshots and DD's last weekend and finished 2nd in all my classes. The only time I should have considered a larger pin tire was once the sun went down.
Got it... Thanks Doy. I was running DD's with the ST and finished 3rd, but I notiticed I had quite a bit less traction during the main when the sun went down. In my SC I was running city blocks (larger pin tire) and seemed like I had more traction then at any other time when the sun went down. Although my start was epicly bad so i didnt finish as well. Maggorie was running the larger pin tires all day and dominated... Oh well, I just ordered a bunch of different combinations to try out next Friday...
Old 07-19-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by Derry
Got it... Thanks Doy. I was running DD's with the ST and finished 3rd, but I notiticed I had quite a bit less traction during the main when the sun went down. In my SC I was running city blocks (larger pin tire) and seemed like I had more traction then at any other time when the sun went down. Although my start was epicly bad so i didnt finish as well. Maggorie was running the larger pin tires all day and dominated... Oh well, I just ordered a bunch of different combinations to try out next Friday...
Mike is Mike.....and hes gonna be tough to beat whatever tire he runs. I've seen him run holeshots and dd's also. Durring the NCT race electrics will run 1st thing in the morning so dont worry about how your tires felt when the sun went down. I'd say run what felt the best durring the day.

I don't think were going to be running anymore club races in the evening either....but I could be wrong!
Old 07-19-2012, 12:23 PM
Tech Elite

Mike is Mike.....and hes gonna be tough to beat whatever tire he runs. I've seen him run holeshots and dd's also. Durring the NCT race electrics will run 1st thing in the morning so dont worry about how your tires felt when the sun went down. I'd say run what felt the best durring the day.

I don't think were going to be running anymore club races in the evening either....but I could be wrong!
Will do... Thanks again.
Old 07-19-2012, 07:38 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (96%+)

I hope not.
Makes for a long ass day when you have a 2.5 hour drive and a border crossing to deal with.
Old 08-01-2012, 08:09 AM
Tech Addict

theres a lot of work needs to be done to the track for sat. race Monty doing the work its not far for him to do the work im going to try to work on it to need help to work on the track please help we will be there today 5:30
Old 08-01-2012, 08:41 AM
Tech Regular

He doesn't have to do the work alone, he hasn't contacted me for any help or as far as I can tell posted anything. I will be working on the track on Friday after 5 for thoes who want to come out and Help.
Old 08-01-2012, 09:40 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

First off, I did post on the tracks facebook page what I was doing. It wasn't a call for help. It was my race that destroyed the track I have all week to fix it. I got your message that you couldn't help last night and that's fine. I spent 2 hours last night and didn't even get a quarter of wht needs to be done fixed. It will take every night this week to get it ready for Saturday. The 5 pack is the worst and needs the most love.

I and hate doing this in a public forum but Larry would you please SHUT UP!!! You don't have to post the same message in 3 different places. Just stop it please.
Old 08-02-2012, 06:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

you guys better all show up or else.....
Old 08-02-2012, 07:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Seattlelife22
you guys better all show up or else.....
or else what?? see ya there.......
Old 08-05-2012, 02:04 PM
Tech Elite

cool article in the local paper today.....

http://www.goskagit.com/all_access/f...ction_ref_map=[]
Old 08-06-2012, 07:49 PM
Tech Initiate

I've been out of the loop for a bit. Would anybody care to confirm the current schedule/last few races. Or is the next one really on Tues. Aug. 14th like it states on the first page?
Old 08-07-2012, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Aug 18th

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.