R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   Pacific NW Showdown -Official thread, 2012 (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/569979-pacific-nw-showdown-official-thread-2012-a.html)

snakebarnes960 11-20-2011 12:47 AM

Pacific NW Showdown -Official thread, 2012

Hello everyone! This is Marty Barnes. I want to let you know that I have started a series. I have raced RC cars for over 20 years. I have a passion for the hobby and want to help RC racing grow in the Northwest. I have all tracks on board.

The series will be 4 out of 5 races. I will not be doing the REEDY format. Double A-mains, 9 classes with no Superstock. The races will be one-day races on Saturdays, with the last race being a 2-day race, and ending early Sunday afternoon so people can stay for the season-ending awards.

I'm excited to bring all of you a great series that can be one of the best in the nation! Please post feedback with your thoughts.

2012 Pacific NW Showdown Schedule

Jan 14, 2012: Round #1 - Tacoma RC Raceway

Feb 11, 2012: Round #2 - Portland RC Raceway

March 10, 2012: Round #3 -4 Seasons RC Raceway, Olympia

March 31, 2012: Round #4 - Mike's RC World, Bellingham

April 14-15, 2012: Round #5 - Bremerton RC Raceway

I did not schedule races every 3 weeks because Bremerton and Bellingham race their series every other weekend. I also worked around the REEDY race and the Cactus Classic. I cannot start on Dec 31, being New Years Eve and the other tracks' series start on Jan 7th. Jan 14th is as early as I can start. I made the first three races one month apart to work around the other tracks' race series. Between Rounds 3 and 4 there is 3 weeks and between Rounds 4 and 5 there is 2 weeks. I had to be done by the 2nd weekend in April to allow plenty of time before the Gold Cup at TRCR and the outdoor race series at the end of April.

I did the best I could to get this done ASAP. I hope this allows plenty of time for all racers to plan, attend, and support all of the tracks. Next year I will have time to make a schedule in the Summer and the other tracks are willing to work around the SHOWDOWN schedule.

If you are looking forward to the series, and are going to attend races, please post comments. The more excited we get people, the more racers we will have. I want this series to be BIG. I look forward to it!

I would like to announce ORCA RC as the headlining sponsor for the series. ORCA is a new company to the RC industry who has had recent success in on-road racing in the last year. ORCA has made a big commitment to our series and is looking forward to spreading there name in the off road industry. I have used ORCA products for the last year and helped them with info to get there product ready for the public. I have had great power, smoothness and durability with my ORCA products over the last year. Some of ORCA's products are speed controls, motors, lipo batt. packs, tools and chargers. Please check out there web site at ORCARC.com. or on rc tech at ORCA USA and give them a big thanks.

We also have HIgh Volocity stepping up to sponsor our series. If you see Jon give him a big thank you. I will be contacting many more companies soon and if you are a company that would like to sponsor the series please private message me and we can talk about it. You do not have to be in the rc industry to sponsor the series.

2012 Showdown Rules!

Stock Rules: 17.5 (roar rules) No boost

NO SPEC TIRE FOR ANY CLASS.

All classes Roar Rules apply. But does not have to be on the ROAR approved equipment list. Class rules will be enforced by Marty Barnes at his discretion. If you have a question please ask.

Tire Sauce is allowed at all tracks but Portland. (house rule)

If you cheat- The first time that round or main will be thrown out. Second time you will be DQ for the event with no points.:cry:

All classes are open to all drivers.

Double A Mains at 6 min. B main will be 8 min. each and C back will be 6 min. 2 bump ups from lower mains

2- rounds of qualifying at 5 min. Rocket round is your best time out of your 2 rounds.

8th Electric will be ran at all races.

1/8th scale single 15 min A main. B main 8 and lower mains 6.

$25 per entry

2012 Showdown points layout

Race event points

No Qualifying points.

No TQ points..

A-1
1st- 100 points
2nd- 99 points
3rd-98 points
4rth-97 points
5th- 96 points
6th-95 points
7th- 94 points
8th- 93 points
9th-92 points
10th-91 points

A-2

1st- 100 points
2nd- 99 points
3rd-98 points
4rth-97 points
5th- 96 points
6th-95 points
7th- 94 points
8th- 93 points
9th-92 points
10th-91 points

Those who do not make the A will be given one less point then 10th.

11-90 points
12-89 points
13-88 points
14-87 points
And so on.....

Tie breaker is who ever finishes higher in A-2. This gives us the best chance for the winner of the event to cross the line first in A-2.

POINTS THAT GO TOWARD THE SERIES AT EACH RACE

We will count 4 out of 5 races.

1st- 101 points
2nd- 99 points
3rd-98 points
4rth-97 points
5th- 96 points
6th-95 points
7th- 94 points
8th- 93 points
9th-92 points
10th-91 points

Those who do not make the A will be given one less point then 10th.

11-90 points
12-89 points
13-88 points
14-87 points
And so on.....

1 Bonus point awarded for each race event attended.

Tie Breaker-Who ever finishes higher at last race event.
2nd tie breaker- Higher finisher last race event they raced each other.

Trophy's for top 10 in each class.

To qualify for trophy you must race 4 races.

$25 per entry.

Classes are

Stock buggy 17.5 (no boost)
Mod buggy
Stock truck
Mod truck
Mod 4wd
Stock SCT
Mod SCT
MOD 4wd SCT
E 1/8th scale

I want to keep it simple.

Lets go racing.

Marty Barnes

Munn42 11-20-2011 12:49 AM

Yeah Buddy!!! This is going to be awesome! Its going to an exciting series to race in and watch!

Wild Cherry 11-20-2011 12:55 AM

A race series that represents the N/w is back on track .....

BONUS !
Bridgewater won't have to spend so much time at the golf range now .....:cool:

Rasheed 11-20-2011 10:28 AM

Great news!

From your previous posts it is clear that you care about racing and understand the importance of good communication. Based on those things I think you have an excellent chance to be successful. I definitely plan on attending round 1...

SHOWDOWN!!!!!

monty c 11-20-2011 11:03 AM

MBRL........just sayin.:lol:

Moogumby 11-20-2011 11:09 AM

Nice i should be up and running by then!

any word on rules for Classes?

The Warlock 11-20-2011 11:59 AM

:sneaky:

sir_thomas 11-20-2011 12:13 PM

question

Awesome Marty! Setup sounds good. Question for ya....Are you going to be racing in your own race series?

snakebarnes960 11-20-2011 02:00 PM

Thank you all for the support. Some more info. I will have a facebook page up soon for the series.

At this point I am going to do double A's with 2 bump ups that will make 10 car mains. I want to make the track time closer for all the racers. I don't think it is possible to do double mains for lower mains with 9 classes. But I would like to make lower mains 8 min. some of the best races are in the B's so it should make for good racing and more racing for those who do not make the A main. The double mains will be 6 min. long and taking away 6 min from last year for those who make the A. Double A's will be good racing no drops in the mains and who ever wins the last race will win the race. So no more the one who wins the first 2 sits out and someone leap frogs drivers cause the one who dominated did not have to race. There will be 2 rounds of Quals at 5 min. No points for Quals. The reward for TQ is you start the double A's first. E 8th scale will not have double A's. They will have one 15 min main.

Last year drivers for A mains had 28 min. track time and lower main drivers had 16 min. This year A drivers will have 22 min. and lower main drivers will have 18. I think this is a number we all can be happy with. The A drivers only get 4 more minutes rather then 12.

At this point I am going to start practice at 7 racing at 9. Entry fee $25 per class. The tracks get most of the entry money. I feel like they are the ones who took the risk to open the tracks for us to race at and with no tracks there is no racing. I thank them and want to do what I can to help them out. I'm not in this for the money but do need something for my time and bringing the shops more racers with allot of hard work. I'm not announcing the races. The tracks are providing the race director for race day and one person who will do half of the tech with me. If there are complaints come to me and I will do my best to take care of it. If you are having a good time come and tell me.

I will be racing one class mod buggy at the races. I feel this is important for me to race and be one of the racers. I love this hobby and hope we can get over 200 entry's the first race and get this SHOWDOWN off to a awesome start.:nod:

corallyman 11-20-2011 02:14 PM

Long live Marty Barnes, good for you and keep it up.

Steve Curry

jubilee 11-20-2011 02:52 PM

Bad ass! :)

C_O_jones 11-20-2011 03:05 PM

Thanks Marty!

Fred

monty c 11-20-2011 03:19 PM

any thoughts on discounted entry fees for the second and third class?

as far as time frame, with 9 classes the double A's with 2 minutes between each race will take 129 minutes. so just over 2 hours for the A mains alone. I know at Mikes, we are 2 races into our winter series, we have had right at 150 entries each race. 2 rounds of 6 minute quals plus 7 minute mains and it is taking us right about 12 hours. so if you added in 1 more set of A mains i would say about 13 hours for 150 entries.

good for you to step up Marty. the people in Bellingham are excited.

Maybell 11-20-2011 04:04 PM

Great News!!!

tomdav 11-20-2011 04:54 PM

I have a feeling the first round is going to be HUGE!