Old 11-21-2011, 02:16 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derry
Not sure... But I have 5+ oz's added.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:17 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

The reedy format is a good idea in theory but there are a lot of factors that make it a hard format to run for 9 classes at the same time. There's a reason that when the reedy format is ran at the Reedy Race it is ran with 2 classes over 2 days with a certain number of drivers. When trying to run it for 9 different classes in 1 day with varying number of entries in each, some of which may only have 1 heat it isn't going to work out as well as it does on paper.

The format that is going to be ran will allow the race days to be kept as short as possible, while giving everyone their fair chances to race, as well as making all the mains count and exciting. Thus eliminating the A3 round of mains when everyone leaves and the ones who haven't are so tired and no one really cares much anymore.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:26 PM
Tech Regular

I think making stock SC 17.5 for this series was a good idea. I understand SC at TRCR and 4s is still 13.5 but in the rest of the county and other tracks Stock SC is 17.5 and I think starting with 17.5 for SC now is the correct move for the future of the series to eliminate changing the rule a year from now.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:35 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 42 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Munn42
I think making stock SC 17.5 for this series was a good idea. I understand SC at TRCR and 4s is still 13.5 but in the rest of the county and other tracks Stock SC is 17.5 and I think starting with 17.5 for SC now is the correct move for the future of the series to eliminate changing the rule a year from now.
I agree totally! I just wish TRCR and 4SRC would change there rule.. I hate racing 13.5 at those two places and then I will have to change to 17.5 everywhere else? not that I race anywhere else very often, but everyone should be the same. Hell 4src doesn't even enforce 17.5 in stock buggy, half the guys are still running 13.5's
Old 11-21-2011, 02:47 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Fusiongraphix
I agree totally! I just wish TRCR and 4SRC would change there rule.. I hate racing 13.5 at those two places and then I will have to change to 17.5 everywhere else? not that I race anywhere else very often, but everyone should be the same. Hell 4src doesn't even enforce 17.5 in stock buggy, half the guys are still running 13.5's
That may be true, but the difference is club race vs. a series race.

For the series it will be 17.5 at all tracks so you would only have to switch if you want to club race at those tracks as well.. and if you club race at those tracks already, you would only have to buy another motor if you want to run stock.. otherwise you can run the 13.5 in mod that is your choice.

I think Munn is right on with both posts.
Old 11-21-2011, 02:48 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

The Reedy Invitational format is a fun one class weekend race. Not a good format for a one day all classes race or a series. There is a reason this format is ran in a big race only once a year and only for the worlds best 30 drivers. All other big races use the standard format for a reason, it works the best and is as fair as it gets. Qualifiying is part of racing. Making the A-main rewards a dirver with extra track time. RC is not in a rut just because all major races use a format that is proven and works. Racing is not supposed to be 'fair' in the sence that everybody should have a change to win or have equal track time. Each class has only one winner, and that winner should be the fasted, best driver of that particular race.

I am just fine with the format that has been decided on for this series.

All major races (and ROAR) classify 'stock' as 17.5 blinky mode. 13.5 blinky is super stock, or mod. Also, most all big races have gone away from super stock and run stock and mod only.

In stock SC I run a 2010 Orion 17.5 and gear it at 76/26. No problems with heat. I have actually geared it up to 75/27 and was good with heat, but like the feel of the 76/26 gearing better. Sure, the truck is pretty slow in relation to a SC with a 13.5 or 7.5, but isn't that the whole idea behind stock racing?? If you want fast and powerful, solder up a 5.5 and run mod! However, I run faster laps with my 17.5 than I do with my 7.5 in SC.

Again, just my opinions and thoughts. Maybe you agree, maybe not.

Kevin Watkins
PRCR
Old 11-21-2011, 02:54 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by K-Wat
The Reedy Invitational format is a fun one class weekend race. Not a good format for a one day all classes race or a series. There is a reason this format is ran in a big race only once a year and only for the worlds best 30 drivers. All other big races use the standard format for a reason, it works the best and is as fair as it gets. Qualifiying is part of racing. Making the A-main rewards a dirver with extra track time. RC is not in a rut just because all major races use a format that is proven and works. Racing is not supposed to be 'fair' in the sence that everybody should have a change to win or have equal track time. Each class has only one winner, and that winner should be the fasted, best driver of that particular race.

I am just fine with the format that has been decided on for this series.

All major races (and ROAR) classify 'stock' as 17.5 blinky mode. 13.5 blinky is super stock, or mod. Also, most all big races have gone away from super stock and run stock and mod only.

In stock SC I run a 2010 Orion 17.5 and gear it at 76/26. No problems with heat. I have actually geared it up to 75/27 and was good with heat, but like the feel of the 76/26 gearing better. Sure, the truck is pretty slow in relation to a SC with a 13.5 or 7.5, but isn't that the whole idea behind stock racing?? If you want fast and powerful, solder up a 5.5 and run mod! However, I run faster laps with my 17.5 than I do with my 7.5 in SC.

Again, just my opinions and thoughts. Maybe you agree, maybe not.

Kevin Watkins
PRCR
+1
Old 11-21-2011, 04:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derry
Not sure... But I have 5+ oz's added.
That is way too much weight, I run about 2 to 2 1/2 oz in mine...
Old 11-21-2011, 05:11 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Fusiongraphix
My crew and I were all very excited about the Reedy format, but now its gone. we like to race, not qualify all day! that's our opinions..

I find it funny that you think qualifying isn't a part of racing...
Old 11-21-2011, 05:20 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

ummm i thought this was Pacific NW Showdown series? not ECT? what does the reedy format have to do with this series?

how about people be happy they have a new and well organized fresh series to run
Old 11-21-2011, 05:32 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by johnny boy
ummm i thought this was Pacific NW Showdown series? not ECT? what does the reedy format have to do with this series?

how about people be happy they have a new and well organized fresh series to run
unfortunately, some people may never be happy.
Old 11-21-2011, 05:38 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

Can someone please break down what the Double A mains mean? Best race of 2, average of both????

Thanks for listening to racers Marty.

And PRCRs tire sniffer blows. I pulled a set of tires out of factory packaging and failed the sniff test.

+1 for no stinky stuff though.
Old 11-21-2011, 07:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 37 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer

+1. I'm stoked.

--Bill Evans
stock buggy and stock ST, TRCR
Old 11-21-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Neu_Racer
Can someone please break down what the Double A mains mean? Best race of 2, average of both????

And PRCRs tire sniffer blows. I pulled a set of tires out of factory packaging and failed the sniff test.

+1 for no stinky stuff though.
I don't know what it is supposed to do but it doesn't check tires for being sauced. It didn't work last year on any of my tires from when I sauced at other tracks on previous nights.

How long do you guys let sticky fingers dry? I never used it enough to experiment with it.
Old 11-21-2011, 08:09 PM
Tech Adept

Default Can't wait

Wow. Reading through this thread gets me pumped for this series. I'm actually glad there's only 3 weeks between races. It keeps us all focused on the series. I just hope that each tracks local racers travel to the other tracks well. If we all participate we can get some really good racing not to mention a lot of sponsor support this year and in the future. Thanks Marty. Don't hesitate to mention any help you may need.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.