Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Pacific NW Showdown -Official thread, 2012

Search this Thread

Old 11-23-2011, 10:44 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

First off, no matter what decision Marty "Master of the Universe" makes. We should all be grateful that he took it upon himself to do this series. Yes, he asked for opinions but don't start jumping on the guys case. Be happy that we now have a series to race. Before, we bitched about is there going to be a series and what are the dates. Now, the bitching is about spec tire.

Once again Thanks Marty....

Shut up and go on the tone in less than 5 !!!
Old 11-23-2011, 10:53 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

I am all for a spec tire. Epecially if the spec tire is one that most people would normally run at most of the tracks anyways. But I understand the argument for both sides. I think a deceision on whether or not there is going to be a spec tire just needs to be made and everybody be happy with it. Some races have spec tires and some don't. It doesn't change the race itself. However, all major events do use a spec tire for all classes. Worlds, Nats for stock and intended to for mod (sponsorship problems), Reedy Race. I am just glad there is going to be a series and great work getting it all setup so quickly!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:33 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Marty Thank you for taken the time to do this for our area. I know with out a doubt that the ect was an awesome gathering. and cant believe i missed the last year.

If you have a small part I can help just PM .
Old 11-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by loriding69
First off, no matter what decision Marty "Master of the Universe" makes. We should all be grateful that he took it upon himself to do this series. Yes, he asked for opinions but don't start jumping on the guys case. Be happy that we now have a series to race. Before, we bitched about is there going to be a series and what are the dates. Now, the bitching is about spec tire.

Once again Thanks Marty....

Shut up and go on the tone in less than 5 !!!
Well said Dbl E

Let's race!
Old 11-23-2011, 11:42 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Why a spec tire is even necessary for a 1 day club race is beyond me......

Run what works for each track and keep it simple...
George made sense whats going on here...........
Old 11-23-2011, 11:46 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 12 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jwg191
I like to rule if you have any sponsor they should not be able to run stock.
+1

I have ran stock buggy for the past 2 ect's and i still have tread on my panthers from last year, i did buy only 1 set all year, one old set(from previous year) i dremeled to slicks at brem. I am currently laid off and have 1 new set of panthers unmounted, and old set from last year. All i am trying to say is i only used 2 sets of tires the whole year, and if there is a spec tire and it is panthers i have it coverd. =) what ever choice is made by Marty on this matter i will follow it... As long as i leave woody in my dust im fine thanks Marty for doing this series and listening to all the opinions. i look forward to race with you guys this year if i can.

Craig Peterson

p.s. i use panthers at bham

Last edited by speedy Craig; 11-23-2011 at 12:15 PM.
Old 11-23-2011, 03:51 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by sak13
Yes. Good post. BUT...is this series for the guy just starting to race? I don't see a novice class listed.

Marty, I'm afraid your going to have to make a decision and stick to it. There is no possible way you can make everyone happy.

Speaking for myself I am just happy and appreciative that you have stepped up and organized this. I don't care what happens on the Spec tire issue I just wanna race and have fun with my kid and everyone else.
Scott,

I agree that anyone who is willing to take the time and effort to put deserves our thanks. Having or not having a spec tire is not a deal breaker for me personally. If there is a spec tire for stock then I will be more than happy to purchase as they will likley work at my home track.

Do you honestly think that new racers are not going to be welcomed? I dont know you well enough to if that was sarcasam. Without new racers coming in how can the series grow or sustain. Maybe a novice class has been overlooked?

James
Old 11-23-2011, 04:11 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Originally Posted by majicman
Do you honestly think that new racers are not going to be welcomed? I dont know you well enough to if that was sarcasam. Without new racers coming in how can the series grow or sustain. Maybe a novice class has been overlooked?

James
My opinion: True novices who are just figuring out how to get their car to survive 6 minutes without breaking would be much better served at club races. Less expensive, less waiting, more casual environment.

For the racer that is a step above a true novice and wants to try out a bigger race, whatever term you want to use (sportsman, beginner, etc) - traditionally the stock short course and stock truck classes have a level of competition appropriate for this type of driver.

Given that we are already taking a lot of measures to squeeze all of the racing into one day, I don't think adding a novice class is a good use of the limited time available.

Derek Rasheed - PRCR
Old 11-23-2011, 06:09 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Rasheed
My opinion: True novices who are just figuring out how to get their car to survive 6 minutes without breaking would be much better served at club races. Less expensive, less waiting, more casual environment.

For the racer that is a step above a true novice and wants to try out a bigger race, whatever term you want to use (sportsman, beginner, etc) - traditionally the stock short course and stock truck classes have a level of competition appropriate for this type of driver.

Given that we are already taking a lot of measures to squeeze all of the racing into one day, I don't think adding a novice class is a good use of the limited time available.

Derek Rasheed - PRCR
That may very well be true. I think that a sportsman type class would be essential to this program. How else will someone make that leap into a series like this?

James
Old 11-23-2011, 07:01 PM
Tech Regular

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Why a spec tire is even necessary for a 1 day club race is beyond me......

Run what works for each track and keep it simple...
Thanks for the thoughts last night GEO.

I do not think this race will feel like a 1 day club race. I don't think people practice all day Friday for a club race. People will have fun like a club race but the race atmosphere is gong to be awesome and racers are going to want to win way more than a club race. I'm not trying to build this into a big 1 day club race. I want this to grow into one of the best series in the Nation.

I do understand keep the rules simple. I will have more to come on the rules soon.

Marty
Old 11-24-2011, 12:15 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by snakebarnes960
Thanks for the thoughts last night GEO.

I do not think this race will feel like a 1 day club race. I don't think people practice all day Friday for a club race. People will have fun like a club race but the race atmosphere is gong to be awesome and racers are going to want to win way more than a club race. I'm not trying to build this into a big 1 day club race. I want this to grow into one of the best series in the Nation.

I do understand keep the rules simple. I will have more to come on the rules soon.

Marty
Go Marty
Old 11-24-2011, 06:22 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Whoa this is making me want to race again

Maybe I will see you guys at one of these this yr. Stoked
Old 11-24-2011, 10:13 AM
Tech Regular

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!

I'm not going to make any more post's today. Today is family day for me. I hope everyone has a great day and I will post the rules and points structure tomorrow.
Thank you all for the positive feedback. You guys make me want to put my all into the showdown! and I can not wait till round one Jan 14th at Tacoma RC Raceway. I have also had company's contacting me about sponsoring the series. So keep spreading the word about the series. I will be announcing the headlining sponsor for the series tomorrow and contacting more companies on Monday.

Marty Barnes

Last edited by snakebarnes960; 11-24-2011 at 10:37 AM.
Old 11-25-2011, 10:59 AM
Tech Regular

Default ORCA RC Products has stepped to be the headlining sponsor for our series!

I would like to announce ORCA RC as the headlining sponsor for the series. ORCA is a new company to the RC industry who has had recent success in on-road racing in the last year. ORCA has made a big commitment to our series and is looking forward to spreading their name in the off road industry. I have used ORCA products for the last year and helped them with info to get there product ready for the public. I have had great power, smoothness and durability with my ORCA products over the last year. Some of ORCA's products are speed controls, motors, lipo batt. packs, tools and chargers. Please check out there web site at ORCARC.com. or on rc tech at ORCA USA and give them a big thanks. ORCA will do it's best to get their products into your hobby shop soon.

We also have HIgh Volocity stepping up to sponsor our series. If you see Jon give him a big thank you. I will be contacting many more companies soon and if you are a company that would like to sponsor the series please private message me and we can talk about it. You do not have to be in the rc industry to sponsor the series.

Thanks!

Marty Barnes
Old 11-25-2011, 11:22 AM
Tech Regular

Default Showdown class rules!

I want to keep it as simple as I can.

Stock Rules: 17.5 (roar rules) No boost
Spec tire will be- JConcepts Bar Codes V1 or V2 (gold) for Stock classes only.

All classes Roar Rules apply. Class rules will be enforced by Marty Barnes at his discretion.

Tire Sauce is allowed at all tracks but Portland. (house rule)

If you cheat- The first time that round or main will be thrown out. Second time you will be DQ for the event with no points.

All classes are open to all drivers.

Double A Mains at 6 min. B main will be 8 min. each and C back will be 6 min. 2 bump ups from lower mains

2- rounds of qualifying at 5 min. Rocket round is your best time out of your 2 rounds.

1/8th scale single 15 min A main. B main 8 and lower mains 6.

$25 per entry

Marty Barnes

Last edited by snakebarnes960; 11-26-2011 at 06:18 PM.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.