Search

OSS 2012

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2011, 09:39 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)
Default nct talk?

way to get off topic.

i am pretty sure there is one or two or three threads on the nct.

one has its own "sticky", lets keep the nct discussions there.

i am looking forward to the same good times that where had last year in the OSS....big tracks with 1/8 scale terrain, unlimited practice days, long run times ( 4-7 min quals and 30 min mains for all), low entry fees, and the free boneyard beer.

thanks to all the people that helped make it happen last year.
those of us who helped build the tracks and held the races last year know how hard it is. hopefully more people will join in the hard work of putting the races/tracks together this year so we can have those RACE WEEKENDS we all LIVE FOR!

thats my 2 cents. the other $99.98 i have to my name i am saving for nitro and gas for my chevy to get me to the track...
Old 12-02-2011, 06:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)

Originally Posted by DFS TURTLE

i am looking forward to the same good times that where had last year in the OSS....big tracks with 1/8 scale terrain, unlimited practice days, long run times ( 4-7 min quals and 30 min mains for all), low entry fees, and the free boneyard beer.

+1 Cant wait
Old 12-02-2011, 10:09 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I think both series are trying to do the best with what they are... What they are is Different!

OSS is a 1/8 nitro series so it allows longer run times for 1/8 nitro ... which in those situations may be the best

NCT is a Series that tries to focus on both 1/8 and 1/10 and both nitro and electric. Half of the series can see over 200 entries In this situation 30 min mains for everyone doesnt make sense unless you want to be home 5pm monday afternoon.

all you can do is build based on what your demographic and it seems both series are trying to do that.....

Last edited by i1justin; 12-02-2011 at 11:17 AM. Reason: OSS does have trophies so removed that statement
Old 12-02-2011, 10:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by i1justin
I think both series are trying to do the best with what they are... What they are is Different!

OSS is a 1/8 nitro series that has no individual race awards, so it allows longer run times for 1/8 nitro and lowers costs... which in those situations may be the best

NCT is a Series that tries to focus on both 1/8 and 1/10 and both nitro and electric. Half of the series can see over 200 entries, historically top 10 received awards. In this situation 30 min mains for everyone doesnt make sense unless you want to be home 5pm monday afternoon.

all you can do is build based on what your demographic and it seems both series are trying to do that.....
Not all true OSS had individual race awards given at the end of each weekend of racing .... Also 1/8th E buggy was ran as well as 2wd and 4wd SC and I am sure if enough E truggy's where there they would run that class as well Not trying to be a jerk just correcting some info.

But yes the OSS seams to be based around the 1/8th market with large tracks and big air ....FUN TIMES FOR ALL.

No more pissing matches please the racers will decide where they want to race .... both series are great and im sure tons of fun.
Old 12-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Littlejohn Dsgn
OSS had individual race awards given at the end of each weekend of racing.
Thanks for the correction I didn't know they had awards each race.
Old 12-02-2011, 03:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by DFS TURTLE
way to get off topic.

i am pretty sure there is one or two or three threads on the nct.

one has its own "sticky", lets keep the nct discussions there.

those of us who helped build the tracks and held the races last year know how hard it is. hopefully more people will join in the hard work of putting the races/tracks together this year so we can have those RACE WEEKENDS we all LIVE FOR!

thats my 2 cents. the other $99.98 i have to my name i am saving for nitro and gas for my chevy to get me to the track...

+1 on what he said gooooo turtle
Old 12-02-2011, 03:52 PM
Tech Master

oss it the best series we have the best track and it all for the racer and the most bang for the buck and they listen to what the racer wants rev can say he is not in charge but he is doing the very best job for not beening in charge you caould ask for as far as nct it is what it is dont like it dont go sooner or later they will figure it out it is all about the racer it is not a business it is toy car with fun at the end i hope this make every one happy might look at the nct but still 8 hours from home and 100.00 for 2 class where the oss is 40.00 do the math ninja out
Old 12-08-2011, 06:14 AM
Tech Adept

Both series rock!
Thats all I have to say about that.
RC CARS !!!!!!!! YAY!!!!!
Old 01-04-2012, 09:52 AM
Tech Master

Well crap I can see which to dates are my toss outs .... April in Bend (I have a family trip to Hawaii and get back that Sunday) and August in Lebanon (Theres a wedding I have to attend if I dont my future wife may not like me so much afterwards lol)
Old 01-19-2012, 02:42 PM
Tech Master

Is there any talks of a race sooner then April? Other then Cabinfever?
Old 01-19-2012, 03:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Hey Race Fans,

I just wanted to take a pole: If I started using something similar to this for transmitting my RD transmissions over a low power FM radio signal, would anybody in the pits actually use it? I know many times over I have been told the pits can't hear me, and this idea popped in my head in the shower last night. Plus then I can use my speaker's for the track and racers.

Please let me know, and I'll pick one up.
Old 01-19-2012, 07:55 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

two thumbs up
Old 01-20-2012, 06:25 AM
Tech Master

That would be great ... pits can be kinda far away from the RD booth at some of these races and the ability to tune a radio at your own pit to listen in would be great.
Old 01-20-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Thumbs up

Originally Posted by trevinator
two thumbs up
+1
Old 01-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
Hey Race Fans,

I just wanted to take a pole: If I started using something similar to this for transmitting my RD transmissions over a low power FM radio signal, would anybody in the pits actually use it? I know many times over I have been told the pits can't hear me, and this idea popped in my head in the shower last night. Plus then I can use my speaker's for the track and racers.

Please let me know, and I'll pick one up.
that would be awesome mikey,solve some issues for the guys pitting in their trailers and chillin in the rv's...i think chuck had issues last year with his sound-proof beaver coach!

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.