Wiki Posts
Search

ect 2011-12

Search this Thread

Old 09-19-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)
Default ect 2011-12

Well hello everyone! As Mike from Mike's r/c wolrd asked me today... Are you even alive anymore?

Well the answer is yes and I have been doing a lot of listening to what people want and what would improve this upcoming season.

First off: ALL trophies that have not been distrbuted will be at round #1 or please email me at [email protected] subject ect trophie and I will get yours to the the track that you are closest too. I am sorry for the delay there is no excuse at all. Because of that I am making changes to next season.

#1 - Trophies for te winner will be given the day of the event! I wanted the personal touch but the day of the event is way better!

#2 - We are going to have to cut back on classes. So please let me know what is wanted and not wanted in classes. I am thinking that there will be no super stock truck, super stock 4x4, 4x4 short course, and no masters stock truck

#3 back to a 1 day format. less classes should allow for the original format

#4 and I am trying to figure the logistics out still but I would love to race on a reedy race format! all mains no quals! Means more racing for everyone!!!! No matter what level of a driver you are!

#5 5 rounds instead of 7

#6 start in early december and end in early april as allways.

#7 I am looking for some help from anyone who wants to. If you are interested please contact me at [email protected]

I am working on a schedule now.

For all that have been waiting for your trophies I am sorry and they will be available soon!!!!

Lets have a great year!

Brian Phillips

509 781 0906
[email protected]
Old 09-19-2011, 09:47 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 328 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Poweredbysbc
Well hello everyone! As Mike from Mike's r/c wolrd asked me today... Are you even alive anymore?

Well the answer is yes and I have been doing a lot of listening to what people want and what would improve this upcoming season.

First off: ALL trophies that have not been distrbuted will be at round #1 or please email me at [email protected] subject ect trophie and I will get yours to the the track that you are closest too. I am sorry for the delay there is no excuse at all. Because of that I am making changes to next season.

#1 - Trophies for te winner will be given the day of the event! I wanted the personal touch but the day of the event is way better!

#2 - We are going to have to cut back on classes. So please let me know what is wanted and not wanted in classes. I am thinking that there will be no super stock truck, super stock 4x4, 4x4 short course, and no masters stock truck

#3 back to a 1 day format. less classes should allow for the original format

#4 and I am trying to figure the logistics out still but I would love to race on a reedy race format! all mains no quals! Means more racing for everyone!!!! No matter what level of a driver you are!

#5 5 rounds instead of 7

#6 start in early december and end in early april as allways.

#7 I am looking for some help from anyone who wants to. If you are interested please contact me at [email protected]

I am working on a schedule now.

For all that have been waiting for your trophies I am sorry and they will be available soon!!!!

Lets have a great year!

Brian Phillips

509 781 0906
[email protected]
dont know how many i will make, but in my opinion just cut super stock all together in my opinion. not just parts of it. your idea of reedy format sounds pretty cool. one day format is dialed congrats to you as well!
Old 09-19-2011, 09:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

+1 on the reedy format!
Old 09-19-2011, 10:35 PM
Regional Moderator

Stock and Mod only,
Reedy format
blind draw on starting positions.
6 car's per race.
5 min heat's
that should make for a fun and challenging day.

If your not aware of Reedy format. it's a race for position in your heat everytime.
first place in heat get's 6 points, second get's 5 and so on down the line.
at the end of the day you add up the points and the one with the most points win's.

It will help balance out the racers because if your in the lead and can hold your line you can finish well.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Exterminator
Stock and Mod only,
Reedy format
blind draw on starting positions.
6 car's per race.
5 min heat's
that should make for a fun and challenging day.

If your not aware of Reedy format. it's a race for position in your heat everytime.
first place in heat get's 6 points, second get's 5 and so on down the line.
at the end of the day you add up the points and the one with the most points win's.

It will help balance out the racers because if your in the lead and can hold your line you can finish well.
actually its the other way around 1st place gets a 1 and goes up from there, go for golf score and lowest score wins...
A very fun format but horrible to setup as an RD...
Old 09-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

No Super stock classes just stock and mod. Short course 2w and 4w mod only.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:05 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 32 (100%+)

I dont think 4x4 should be cut. With the new chassis out this summer i think that class may be better.. if anything 2wd Sc should be cut instead being that the debate with that class is blinky vs no blinky and so fourth.

Im only giving imput as i plan to make a few of these races this year.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Moogumby
I dont think 4x4 should be cut. With the new chassis out this summer i think that class may be better.. if anything 2wd Sc should be cut instead being that the debate with that class is blinky vs no blinky and so fourth.

Im only giving imput as i plan to make a few of these races this year.
Yeah the shootout this weekend 4w SC is the biggest class.

If you have to limit SC making both classes open motor classes will be better.
Old 09-19-2011, 11:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 40 (100%+)

I would really like to help out with the pr of this race. I think if done right it should get some national attention.

I only raced one race last year, but my feelings are stock and mod in all classes except 4x4 buggy and 4x4 SC. I think leaving out 4x4 sc is a big mistake as it is a growing class.

When you add all those classes you just dilute the races and make for a long day.

I'd be way more willing, and I think a lot of people feel the same with a one day format with the economy being what it is.

Let me know what I can do to promote this race.

You can email me at [email protected]
Old 09-19-2011, 11:56 PM
Tech Legend

No 4x4 SCT ?

Huge mistake ....
Old 09-20-2011, 12:22 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

In my opinion 2wd buggy is the only chassis with enough entries to support 2 classes. Every other chassis needs 1 class only! I think the goal should be to have about 15-25 people per class. You will need this many if you are going to do the Reedy format.

stock truck
stock buggy
mod buggy
mod sc
4x4 sc
4wd buggy

6 classes, each would be good size...

Last edited by Rasheed; 09-20-2011 at 12:43 AM.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:02 AM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Always a lot to think about for ECT

I think we should try to incorporate a novice class somehow, if there's enough entries for it of course. Whether it gets run or not at every race I think it should be an option.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:13 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

With AE and Losi trucks in the mix, 4WD SC has grown leaps and bounds. No worries about getting entries for 4wd SC nowadays

Desired classes (ordered by class not preference):
  • 2wd Buggy - stock
  • 2wd Buggy - mod
  • 2wd Truck - mod
  • 4wd Buggy - mod
  • 2wd SC - mod
  • 4wd SC - mod
  • 8E Buggy - mod

Just some thoughts...
The only responses you'll get here in this forum are from web savvy folks that frequent this site. I'd suggest compiling an email list of racers from each ect event so you can send out group notifications and surverys etc for future activities/events etc. Otherwise, you limit your audience and skew your results. It's a safe bet that everyone that attends the ect has an email address, but I can't say those same folks frequent this forum.
Old 09-20-2011, 01:37 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

It cracks me up how people come in here who only run 1 race a yr the one thats 15 minutes from there house wants to suggest what classes should be run. Why not let the people who actually run them all and spend the money on hotels,gas, lost wages, decide on what classes there are.
Old 09-20-2011, 03:42 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by jamminjeff
It cracks me up how people come in here who only run 1 race a yr the one thats 15 minutes from there house wants to suggest what classes should be run. Why not let the people who actually run them all and spend the money on hotels,gas, lost wages, decide on what classes there are.
Thanks Jeff, this gives additional credence to my suggestion. Responses from direct communications can be weighted depending on varying criteria, attendance being one of several possible factors.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.