R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   2005 Northwest Championship Tour Info (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/53487-2005-northwest-championship-tour-info.html)

Mike Dana 10-23-2004 09:06 PM

2005 Northwest Championship Tour Info

2005 Northwest Championship Tour Schedule:

April 16/17
Spring Shoot-Out
Wenatchee, WA

May 28/29
Hank Perry 240
Spokane, WA

July 9/10
Columbia Cup
Richland, WA

August 21/22
Summer Rage
Canby, OR

September 24/25
Great Snake Shoot-Out
Clarkston, WA

The first thing you'll notice is that we have reduced the series from 6 rounds down to 5. While we had multiple options for a round to be held in the month of March, we decided that it would be in the best interests of everyone involved to reduce the NCT from 6 down to 5 rounds to reduce the overall costs to the racers.

The next item you'll probably notice is significantly more time between rounds, including no NCT round scheduled for the month of June. This has been done to help promote club racing and also help the racers in affording to attend the NCT events.

ENTRIES
Entry Fees will remain the same for 2005 and will be no higher than $60 for 2 classes.

The NCT will not be setting entry limits. Each host facility will be setting their own entry limits for '05.

It should also be noted that NO ENTRIES WILL BE RECOGNIZED UNTIL PAID IN FULL!! An spot in a class will not be reserved for you until it is paid for.

MINIMUM CLASS SIZE
The minimum class size has been raised from 3 to 7 for '05.

ALL ELECTRIC CLASSES
All electric classes will utilize the 2 bump-up format used in nitro racing.

MAXIMIZER SUPER MONSTER TRUCK
No changes will be made to the Maximizer Super Monster Truck class rules for '05 other than to update the legal chassis list with Monster Trucks that have been recently released.

Truggies will NOT be legal in '05

1/8th SCALE BUGGY
Cut truck tires will not be allowed for '05.

MISC. EVENT FORMAT ITEMS
It will be the hosts option to segregate nitro and electric classes for qualifying. However, electric and nitro classes will be run together during the mains.

Qualifying format (Rocket Round/Qual-Points) will be determined by the host.

Seeded qualifying will not be utilized for '05

Triple-A mains and nitro main times will not change for '05

flameoutgarrett 10-24-2004 12:28 AM

so mike, is it now best 3 of 5 races then

crashin73 10-24-2004 12:59 AM

4 out of 5

It will still be the best 4 rounds, so, 4 out of 5 races.

Also Congradulations to Les Ulrich, the NEW NCT Director.

see you all at the races, corey

TSB 10-24-2004 01:04 PM

Will triples still be offered in electric?

Mike Dana 10-24-2004 04:10 PM

see last sentence in first post

TSB 10-24-2004 04:25 PM

Thanks Mike...

colin 10-25-2004 08:15 AM

Looks great Mike. Thanks for all the work you've done :)

teamficas racin 10-25-2004 04:22 PM

so next year we wont be runnin on ne indoor hard pack tracks...how did that work out...i thought that those races really contributed to the series beacuse it finally gave the people that dont see huge loose dirt outdoor tracks every week a chance to get the upper hand...i kno that it made the diff for me in the series and got alot more people involoved in those couple races...i had locals tellin me that it was one of the funnest race weekends that they ever had cause of all the new poeple that they never race with...and all the locals that missed out on it couldnt wait for it to come back next year...not everyone can bust over the moutains for a race weekend..so y not bring at least one indoor race back over the moutains for a diff style of racing...cause everyone knows that it takes away the rough track factor and the "who has the fasest motor that can make the big time saving jump" and gets down to who can control the car and slam down the times lap after lap with out makin the mistake...so that is my thought..not sayin that im not goin against the series or anything like that...im jus lettin ya know what i bet alot of people overhere r thinking!!!!!

flameoutgarrett 10-25-2004 05:09 PM

i am bummed that there are no tracks over here on the west side of the mountains, i hate drivin, but i am going to do the whole series next year minus one race the west side needs a good outdoor track willing to hold a big event, any takers??

TeamTazman 10-25-2004 05:19 PM

teamficas;
Yea, it does suck........
It is too bad there wasn't anyother indoor hardpack Race Directors present at the NCT meeting.

TeamTazman 10-25-2004 05:22 PM

Everyone was given an ample oppurtunity to ask to hold an NCT Race.

Mike Dana 10-25-2004 06:55 PM

Thanks Colin :)

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

Actually I had a big ole long reply all ready to go and well, Taz's posts pretty much somes it up........

I will add this however, we had 2 indoor options for a March round. The hosts were in attendence (remember Taz) and.....putting their possible race incomes aside, helped to convince ME that 5 Rounds was the best way to go (in addition to the stretched out schedule) to help ease the financial burdern of the racers.

Hopefully these changes will allow the racers of the Northwest to more easily afford (from both monetary and time prospectives) to compete in local club racing programs as well as the NCT for '05.

Les.......it's all yours :cool:

teamficas racin 10-25-2004 09:58 PM

sweet deal no worries...now that i kno that there was actual concideration of indoor racin that jus didnt go through...im over it....us indoor boys(and girls) will jus have to step it up!!!!!
im still lookin foward to the racin that is always good..cause im one of those fools that spend hours in the car to play with toy cars!!!!haha oh man see ya'll at the races ill be the one sportin the goggles all season long...u kno how i do

RMG 10-26-2004 09:07 AM

Thanks for the timely rule updates Mike. You said you would have this info. by the end of October, and you came through:nod: I admire a person who sticks to their word.

Looks like I'll have to jump into the Revo-lution with everyone else:eek: With no truggies allowed they just as well name the MT class "Maximizer Super Revo Truck":nod:

slick 10-26-2004 11:41 AM

dustin-
bud i have had that truck body painted forever. i took it to every race looking for ya, but you were a no show everytime. i need to get that to you somehow. i have been looking for those googles. i know how you do it.

Rick McCrery