1/8th Off-Road Masters

Old 06-07-2011, 07:21 PM
  #1  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
RiseRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 1,099
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking 1/8th Off-Road Masters

Event Name: RISE 1/8th Off-Road Masters & 1/10th Challenge
Event Date: Friday Aug 5th-7th, 2011
This is a 3 day event.
First Class $30.00
Second Class $20.00
Each Additional Class $10.00
Late signup/cutoff is after Saturday Jul 30, 2011
Late fee is $10.00 (local currency)

Rise R/C Raceway will be hosting the 1/8th Off-Road Masters & 1/10th Challenge


August 5th,6th,7th.


Classes available are:

1/8th Buggy Nitro Pro & Open

1/8th E-Buggy

1/8th Truggy Nitro Pro & Open

1/10th classes:

SC 2wd Open
2wd Buggy Open

(must have a minimum of three signed up and paid prior to cut off date for 1/10th classes)


Event Date: Friday August 5th, 2011 - Saturday August 6th, 2011 - Sunday August 7th, 2011
First Class $30.00
Second Class $20.00
Each Additional Class $10.00

This will be a 3-Day event.
Friday Practice, Saturday Heats, Sunday will be Mains

Pro Nitro Mains
A Mains 45 Minutes
B Mains 20 Minutes
C- Mains 10 Minutes
All lower 10 Minutes
2 Bumps

Open Nitro Mains
A Mains 45 Minutes
B Mains 30 Minutes
C- Mains 20 Minutes
All lower 15 Minutes
2 Bumps

E 1/8th Buggy Mains 10 Minute Triple A's
B- Mains 10 Minutes

1/10 Classes 7 Minute Single Mains

3 Quail's 7 Minutes

**Personal Transponders Required**


Times/schedules/Rules are subject to change.
Sign up at http://www.wheretoracerc.com/events....entID=368&form

Last edited by RiseRC; 07-31-2011 at 06:12 PM.
RiseRC is offline  
Old 06-07-2011, 08:23 PM
  #2  
Tech Adept
 
totld1's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2011
Location: Beaverton
Posts: 197
Default

Sign me up....i'm there....another premier event hosted at rise raceway!
totld1 is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 10:21 AM
  #3  
Tech Apprentice
 
Vafian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 73
Default Team G Racing

Any chance of getting the B and C mains bumped up to 30 min anything less than 30 min is a waste of time and money and offers little experiance to those drivers who will be placed in lower mains.
Vafian is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 12:42 PM
  #4  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
RiseRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 1,099
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile Sure.

Originally Posted by Vafian View Post
Any chance of getting the B and C mains bumped up to 30 min anything less than 30 min is a waste of time and money and offers little experiance to those drivers who will be placed in lower mains.
I adjusted so A 45, B 30min, C 20min, all lower mains would be 15min and there would still be 2 bumps.

Also added the option of Pro or Sportsman for a little diversity.

Mike
RiseRC is offline  
Old 06-08-2011, 01:18 PM
  #5  
Tech Regular
 
JosephBlack's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2009
Location: fantasy land
Posts: 371
Default

Now you have to show up Vafian. Since we accomodated for you.. The problem with long lower mains is that if you do manage to bump from the lower to the higher main you are going to be running your car for well over an hour straight, with pretty much no maintenance in between. Plus an issue of time depending on turn out, long lower mains typically cannot be done at large events due to the time it takes to go through all the races.

Keep in mind we are doing an open class and a pro class so we can accomadadate for all skill levels. Plus you have all day Saturday to practice and qualify so, lots of drive time.

In this case we should be okay running longer lower mains.

Joseph
JosephBlack is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 03:17 PM
  #6  
Tech Master
iTrader: (47)
 
Littlejohn Dsgn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,332
Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default

Sweet im in, glad you added a sportsman class, maybe I can talk enough people into getting an E-Truggy that we can make that a class to I am going to keep pushing till it happens you know.
Littlejohn Dsgn is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 09:25 PM
  #7  
Tech Regular
 
2brothers's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2008
Posts: 330
Default

Originally Posted by Vafian View Post
Any chance of getting the B and C mains bumped up to 30 min anything less than 30 min is a waste of time and money and offers little experiance to those drivers who will be placed in lower mains.
Sounds like you've been around good time Charlie to long that is not the norm for a race program, to have 30 min long B or lower mains.. Just saying!!!!

Mike I would leave it the way you had it!!!
2brothers is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 10:05 PM
  #8  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
RiseRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 1,099
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Nothing set in stone just yet, sign ups wont open for a couple weeks so we may make a few adjustments.

The pro racers have made some suggestions as to keep the Pro Class the standard time and format for Mains. As for the Sportsman Class we can run the format with longer lower mains if that is what the sportsman class would like.
RiseRC is offline  
Old 06-14-2011, 10:11 PM
  #9  
Tech Master
iTrader: (18)
 
rpm1968's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Location: Bend, OR
Posts: 1,449
Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by 2brothers View Post
Sounds like you've been around good time Charlie to long that is not the norm for a race program, to have 30 min long B or lower mains.. Just saying!!!!

Mike I would leave it the way you had it!!!
Reminds me of a Who song.
rpm1968 is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 07:52 AM
  #10  
Tech Apprentice
 
Vafian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 73
Default new horizons and winds of change

The bottom line for most enthusists in this hobby is actual race time. everyone is asked to pay the same amount to enter the event. it is unfair for any event that is not promoted as Worlds or Regional, National to cater only to to fastest pilots. The Northwest is a large reagion ,but we are still very much a grassroots collection of hobbiests. If you are going to run an event for the best of the best in the feild then by all mean focus on what will make them return to your next event,if you want more growth in the hobby then run events that are economical, fun and give each particapant the same consideration that their investment to get to your event was well spent.
When i read it was a gas masters event i thought this could be for us over 40 pilots or that this race was for the best pilots to compete. well im not the regions best pilot ,but im over 40 and their is no way in hell im spending 200+ dollers to travel and race in any main for less than 30 min. Anything can go wrong at a race so it is noones fault if a racer can not get maximum track time. It would be nice to see more events focus on those that are starting out new or returning to the scene and give back to the hobby instead of looking at rc racing as a singular event where only the winners have a good time andonly their money is well spent.
Vafian is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 08:03 AM
  #11  
Tech Apprentice
 
Vafian's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Bend Oregon
Posts: 73
Default sour race grapes

Originally Posted by 2brothers View Post
Sounds like you've been around good time Charlie to long that is not the norm for a race program, to have 30 min long B or lower mains.. Just saying!!!!

Mike I would leave it the way you had it!!!
thats right im only out to get the best bang for my buck and a 15 min main won't cut it at all. but if you like less drive time and spending more money for less enjoyment then get on it.
Vafian is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 08:08 AM
  #12  
Tech Master
iTrader: (16)
 
1fastdude's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2002
Location: Sinsinnati
Posts: 1,974
Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Vafian View Post
The bottom line for most enthusists in this hobby is actual race time. everyone is asked to pay the same amount to enter the event. it is unfair for any event that is not promoted as Worlds or Regional, National to cater only to to fastest pilots. The Northwest is a large reagion ,but we are still very much a grassroots collection of hobbiests. If you are going to run an event for the best of the best in the feild then by all mean focus on what will make them return to your next event,if you want more growth in the hobby then run events that are economical, fun and give each particapant the same consideration that their investment to get to your event was well spent.
When i read it was a gas masters event i thought this could be for us over 40 pilots or that this race was for the best pilots to compete. well im not the regions best pilot ,but im over 40 and their is no way in hell im spending 200+ dollers to travel and race in any main for less than 30 min. Anything can go wrong at a race so it is noones fault if a racer can not get maximum track time. It would be nice to see more events focus on those that are starting out new or returning to the scene and give back to the hobby instead of looking at rc racing as a singular event where only the winners have a good time andonly their money is well spent.
I'm with you, off-road should start having a class of 40 year olds and older "Masters Class"
1fastdude is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 01:33 PM
  #13  
Tech Master
Thread Starter
iTrader: (4)
 
RiseRC's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2009
Location: Salem, Oregon
Posts: 1,099
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Smile

Qualifing is Very important This is what places racers into the Mains. If all mains where long say 30 minutes and you had a bad day of quals then you have to bump from the very bottom main to the top. Which would and could be a very rough day for that racer.

They would have a 30 minute C, bump in and then 3 miutes to get back on the track and race another 30 minutes. There would be not much time for any maintance between (example: charging rx pack, changing tires, checking bolts,changing airfilters, etc.).
For me I am lucky if my car stays together for just one 30 minute main, let alone 2 back to back.

But we will do best to be accomidating, If we have enough sportsman racers interested in a format where Mains A,B,C are all 30 minutes. Then we could run this type of format for sportsman class for this event. But only if they all agreed to this style of format.
RiseRC is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 06:20 PM
  #14  
Tech Master
iTrader: (47)
 
Littlejohn Dsgn's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2011
Posts: 1,332
Trader Rating: 47 (98%+)
Default

As a sportsman driver I like the idea. I am also lucky if my truck stays together but who does not like drive time.
Littlejohn Dsgn is offline  
Old 06-15-2011, 07:57 PM
  #15  
Tech Addict
iTrader: (1)
 
dragracechief's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2010
Location: Vancouver, Wa.
Posts: 539
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default

Well I am over 40 and am relatively new to the hobby and I can see the point of longer mains vs costs, but consideration must be made to the lengh of the event also. I will not ask consideration for myself because of age, I don't see that as a handicap and I feel I should be able to compete with everyone at the track regardless of age ( I can't yet, but I'm working on it) and we should feel fortunate just to have events to race in. I will try to attend no matter the format because I enjoy anytime I get on the track, racing, practice, A main, B main, don't care as long as I am on the track its all good.
dragracechief is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.