Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Should racers be required to move out of stock at a certain level? >

Should racers be required to move out of stock at a certain level?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Should racers be required to move out of stock at a certain level?

Search this Thread

Old 09-27-2004, 09:41 PM

Originally posted by B-main groupie
Okay, I'll take you up on that. Is Ted telling you something he's not sharing with me?
yea, gear it till it melts, then drop one tooth. actually i found that different brush combos and spring combo, work better then all the same brush, i.e. a 20% silver on positive and 5% on negative with red springs on both sides, provides lots of power without overheating, a 15% on pos and 20% on neg give more rpm and less pull, so gearing will have to change. 2 20%ers with purple springs gear the crap outta it. most times its just gearing, with the reedy motor, the team br00d guys are having success gearing into the 5's my car runs like crap there and i have to gear in the low to mid 6's. but we are using different brushes so thats probably why. were you using the pro or the ssg
Old 09-28-2004, 10:24 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Although my vote was for no real restrictions on race entry, I cant help but feel like Mike sometimes. Even on my best days Im several laps down on the fast guys.

Lately Ive gotten a lot of help from Tim and most recently dare I say it....Franko, as well as Ryan and June.

After applying Tim's motor advice last weekend, my car got ballistically fast, and with a new one-way I had to relearn to drive, and in fact now that my car was finally up to speed my set up went to hell in a hand basket.

Its frustrating to go through problems week after week and see no results, just more problems, but I guess thats just racing and part of the fun....its part of a long progession, and I really have to look at the whole road to really enjoy my raceday, and look forward to what I may learn in the future to come back. Maybe one day people will complain that Im too fast.

This post really has no point does it? Maybe its just to show I need help too, and I dont think its because the fast guys took the last magic battery pack off the assembly line because they new the secret handshake, but because my car just aint set up right, and I need help
Old 09-28-2004, 09:27 PM

Speedyjay,I like you man, you make me smile. Thats from my feminine side and I'm over it now! Ritchie, I haven't tried any other brush combos. just hollow 20% with red and green springs. I did go from 100 spur and 40 pinion down 96/ 36 and the less rotating mass was a huge improvement on accel and top end. I try to set things up for low wear and reliability. If your motor suggestions dont wear things out any faster I'm gamey for your assistance, thanks. And I was using my pro 4.
Old 09-28-2004, 09:49 PM

aahhh grasshopper, i see your problem, you can't have low wear and realiablity if you want to go fast (er) ditch the hollows, put full face 20% with purple springs, and go back to the 40 pinion with the 96 spur, that is if that puts you in the low 6's to high 5's. i guess i should have asked which motor first
Old 09-28-2004, 09:58 PM

Man, great pics. on the Burien thread. Yesterday I was using the Binary with previosly mentioned springs and brushes. Other race days I used my Monster and the same goodies. Comm. turned down to .275"