Community
Wiki Posts
Search

2011 Skagit River Raceway summer offroad series

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2011, 12:12 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Skagit River Raceway Dirt Oval Charity Race 4/29/11 to Benefit Alger Food Bank

On April 29th Skagit River Raceway's Dirt Oval will host a non points charity oval race to benefit the Alger Food Bank, Races will be run in the same manner as a series #1 race night. It will be a good chance for everybody to get they're cars dialed in and have some fun for a good cause and to be able to mix it up without any points on the line. 100% of the money taken in will go directly to the Alger Food Bank. Amy Berryman has been running this food bank on a voluntary basis on a fairly small budget for 28 years and is currently helping over 300 families in the community. Programs like this are vital to the community. Entry will be $10.00 for Members and $12.00 for non members all of which will go to the foodbank. No money will be accepted for announcing by any of the announcers. We will also be having a raffle and every dollar taken in will go directly to the Food Bank as well. Tickets are $1.00 or an equivalent food item. The support from sponsors for raffle prizes have been amazing. Among the prizes there is a new RC10GT2 Team Kit as well as 6 other kits. A lipo charger, many shirts, hats, parts, nitro fuel, 6 full sets of RC4Less tires, 7 Bodies from McAllister, Its gonna be a great event. We're gonna have 3 time NASCAR champ, Arca Champ and ASA touring champion Gary Lewis making his first attempt at our 1/8th scale Late Model Class. We're gonna have Jim Allahman from Cascade push truck association with his push truck on display that is used in all the local nascar races, touring series and the SIR road courses and various Races all over the NW and does the commitment cone for the various touring series, all the kids should get a great kick out of checking it out with all the sirens and flashing lights. Should be a great event and trust me there are TONS of prizes to be won. Lets raise a good chunk of money for the Alger Foodbank. Spectators welcome, you dont have to compete in the race to participate in the raffle, but must be present to win. We're also accepting food donations which we will deliver directly to the foodbank along with all money raised.

Sponsors are, Tanager Pacific, www.TheToyz.com, Team Tekin, Team Novak, Lefthander RC, Broadway Hobbies, Tims Hobby, J & S hobbies, Performance Hobbies, McAllister Racing Bodies, RC4Less, Great Planes and 3 or 4 more sponsors in the works. So come on out and have some fun. There will be 2 heats and a main and quite a raffle.

In the Event the Race Rains out,
it will be run on May 6th, 2011!!!!

Lester O'Dell
18 Time Carpet Oval Series Champ
www.LesODell.com
sponsored by....
RC4Less
Tanager Pacific
Web Designer of
www.NORARCOVAL.com &
www.SkagitRiverRaceway.com
Director of Dirt Oval Operations for...
Track announcer for....
N.O.R.A.'s Carpet Oval in Mt Vernon, Wa &
Skagit River Raceways Dirt Oval in Burlington, Wa

HERE IS OUR REGULAR SEASON FLYER!!!

Old 04-28-2011, 02:05 PM
Tech Addict

Old 04-28-2011, 08:08 PM
Tech Addict

Old 05-03-2011, 07:31 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Okay, weather permitting, i will be at the track this saturday getting it into shape for the season opener on the 14th...
Old 05-03-2011, 09:54 PM
Tech Elite

okay, so i am thinking of doing something to get some help this weekend. if the weather stays nice i say we do maybe a half day of work on the track, then turn people loose with there cars for a little test and tune. we work the track over in the morning and then spend the afternoon playing with the cars, i will be able to set up the computer, test out the loop, cranks up some tunes and have a glorified test and tune in the afternoon, heck we can get some pizzas or something and have some fun while we work and get all the bugs out of the track before the opener on the 14th.

of course all of this is weather permitting...........we all know how this spring weather has been..........
Old 05-03-2011, 11:55 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by monty c
okay, so i am thinking of doing something to get some help this weekend. if the weather stays nice i say we do maybe a half day of work on the track, then turn people loose with there cars for a little test and tune. we work the track over in the morning and then spend the afternoon playing with the cars, i will be able to set up the computer, test out the loop, cranks up some tunes and have a glorified test and tune in the afternoon, heck we can get some pizzas or something and have some fun while we work and get all the bugs out of the track before the opener on the 14th.

of course all of this is weather permitting...........we all know how this spring weather has been..........
according to weather.com, its not looking super promising for this weekend. that said i hope it changes cause i would love to run around on the track again
Old 05-06-2011, 07:27 PM
Tech Elite

Well, so much for that idea, work party/test and tune for tomorrow is cancelled. Track is soaking wet. Hopefully it gets better this next week...............
Old 05-09-2011, 05:54 PM
Tech Addict

is there a race on the this sat.
Old 05-10-2011, 10:16 PM
Tech Elite

okay, i spent 2 hours at the track tonight, got alot of the weeds out and smoothed some rought spots. its actually in pretty good shape. so here is the plan for the rest of the week. there are only 3 or 4 spots that are retaining water but they can be swept out.

tomorrow{weds} is suppose to be rain all day so i wont be there, there is no use trying to do anything.

thursday and friday are suppose to be nice so i will be there both nights after 5 pm. i found a couple tools that are great for the weeds and smoothing out the surface. there is some drainage that have been dug that need to be filled and other little things.

saturday is race day and the forecast is for a 50 percent chance of showers. i will know more by friday but as of right now i say the race is on........

cross your fingers and do your no rain dances for saturday.

i will update as the weekend gets closer and the forecast is a little closer........
Old 05-10-2011, 11:19 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

*ahem*

Not an expert, but perhaps a sun dance might be more effective?
Old 05-11-2011, 07:23 AM
Tech Elite

i did say "no rain" dance.........i dont care if the sun shines or not, i just want a dry day
Old 05-11-2011, 12:31 PM
Tech Elite

we will be offering a new class for everyone this year at the track, here you go............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADovhUcaZpo
Old 05-11-2011, 01:00 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by monty c
we will be offering a new class for everyone this year at the track, here you go............

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ADovhUcaZpo

we could race all year with those. maybe a snowmobile class every once in awhile.
Old 05-12-2011, 07:32 PM
Tech Addict

it look like theres racing on sat.
Old 05-12-2011, 10:05 PM
Tech Elite

who's ready to go racing?? a little more work tomorrow night and the track will be ready to go..... all the water is off the track after a little work tonight. friday is going to be dry and will finish the drying. all thats left is to fill in some drainage ditches, smooth out some rough spots and we will be racing......

latest forecast for saturday is partly cloudy with pm showers so i am going to go for it. SATURDAYS RACE IS ON BITCHES!!!!!!!!!!!

signups 8-10:45, racing at 11 am

*all toothless hillbillies welcome*

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.