Wiki Posts
Search

ECT Round #5 PRCR!!!!! Mar 5th-6th

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2011, 08:58 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Zeke Lacuesta
I know all they have to do is race, have fun and PRCR rules is no sauce then dont do it, is that just people need no follow the house rules about no saucing. Its like you have to sauce to win, and have fun.
Lol...I was just using the saucing example as a comparison to what people think is being pulled with the rs/ect race...not saying anyone was or is saucing out back.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:03 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Dgee
I don't know anything about the points as how Joe described it above, I do know that before this was even brought up that the phone call was made to Brian and he obviously didn't have a problem with it.

I still don't understand why your so butthurt about it...

Because there's a possibility that TRCR won't get the finale???
Last 3 years the final has been at 4 Seasons in Olympia.
No problems with tire saucing, something that takes place at every indoor track in Wa. and regular racers are not treated differently than the pros.
No problems with running 10 car mains.
No problems with running 1/8e that have been part of all the races but Portland for 2 years running.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

Originally Posted by motomanpat
Changing any kind of series in the middle of it is wrongin my opinion!
The thing is nobody is changing anything... There is just the option to earn points for the Rockstar series while they race the ECT. Nobody is getting special treatment, anyone that wants to race the ECT has to follow the ECT rules.

Like I said before, the guys that want to race the ECT are going to either way so it really has no bearing on how the numbers for attendance plays out.

As far as the sauce/soap or anything else besides water and simple green, that's just the house rules... Follow them and have a good time or don't waste your time coming down cause you'll just be asked to leave.

Derry, unless you've seen people saucing "out back" with your own eyes you've got no place to spread rumors. If you did see it then you should of brought it up to the race director and let them deal with it...
Old 02-21-2011, 09:16 PM
Tech Elite

The thing is nobody is changing anything... There is just the option to earn points for the Rockstar series while they race the ECT. Nobody is getting special treatment, anyone that wants to race the ECT has to follow the ECT rules.

Like I said before, the guys that want to race the ECT are going to either way so it really has no bearing on how the numbers for attendance plays out.

As far as the sauce/soap or anything else besides water and simple green, that's just the house rules... Follow them and have a good time or don't waste your time coming down cause you'll just be asked to leave.

Derry, unless you've seen people saucing "out back" with your own eyes you've got no place to spread rumors. If you did see it then you should of brought it up to the race director and let them deal with it...
What rumors do you speak of? Did you not read my last post?
Old 02-21-2011, 09:17 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guess I shouldn't of gone to the fridge to grab that beer to drink with my box of popcorn while watching this thread and finishing my last post, feel free to disregard parts of my last post.

TRCR, 4 seasons or wherever... If the issue is 1/8th scale thats one thing and I can understand the frustration there. Obviously there will need to be something done to accommodate those guys. Hell I'll be one of those guys next season.

I don't understand the issue with not using sauce... everyone acts like if they don't sauce their shit then they can't have fun racing or theres some sort of unfair advantage compared to someone else... Nobody's getting special treatment, it's a level playing field. I mean can you guys not drive your cars well if your tires aren't sauced???

If anything the guys from PRCR running only this ECT should be complaining cause they'll have to run brand new tires that have never seen sauce... The guys with tires that have been previously sauced have the advantage there...

As for the "Pro's" getting special treatment... Give me a fucking break.

I'm going to go buy all of you guys boxes of tissues and tampons.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

Thanks Chris, you just gave me a new signature.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Guess I shouldn't of gone to the fridge to grab that beer to drink with my box of popcorn while watching this thread and finishing my last post, feel free to disregard parts of my last post.

TRCR, 4 seasons or wherever... If the issue is 1/8th scale thats one thing and I can understand the frustration there. Obviously there will need to be something done to accommodate those guys. Hell I'll be one of those guys next season.

I don't understand the issue with not using sauce... everyone acts like if they don't sauce their shit then they can't have fun racing or theres some sort of unfair advantage compared to someone else... Nobody's getting special treatment, it's a level playing field. I mean can you guys not drive your cars well if your tires aren't sauced???

If anything the guys from PRCR running only this ECT should be complaining cause they'll have to run brand new tires that have never seen sauce... The guys with tires that have been previously sauced have the advantage there...

I'll be expecting my tissues and tampons Friday after next....BTW. I really could care less where the final was....I grew up in Portland and my parents live 10 mins from prcr, so its a sweet deal for me.. I just thought it was a little shadey... not fair to the other tracks. But I am know body but a whiney bitch according to you.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:41 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

I don't know anything about the points as how Joe described it above, I do know that before this was even brought up that the phone call was made to Brian and he obviously didn't have a problem with it.

I still don't understand why your so butthurt about it...

Because there's a possibility that TRCR won't get the finale???
Not butthurt and I'll leave it be.

If you can say in 100% honesty that if TRCR did something similar you wouldn't care a single bit than you sir, are a better man then me.

Of course I'd like the finale at TRCR but if you guys get it I'll be there just the same. I don't want to contribute to any unfriendly inter-track rivalries so I apologize if I caused any unneeded drama. The NW has plenty of that already.

Definitely can't please everyone but that little Nick Young fellow doesn't need any more help or advantage kicking my @$$ in stock truck!
Old 02-21-2011, 09:42 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by Derry
I'll be expecting my tissues and tampons Friday after next....BTW. I really could care less where the final was....I grew up in Portland and my parents live 10 mins from prcr, so its a sweet deal for me.. I just thought it was a little shadey... not fair to the other tracks. But I am know body but a whiney bitch according to you.
I was going to watch a movie, but this thread is more entertaining than a movie.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:43 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

Read post #17
and I will be sure to bring you a bottle of Midol, do you want the fast acting or the long lasting.

We always sauce, there's an art to that, better than having to grind down a new set of tires for each of your cars that won't get used anywhere else but could be sauced at will.
Old 02-21-2011, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

The thing is nobody is changing anything... There is just the option to earn

So Simple Green is allowed but not soap?

I don't sauce hardly ever no matter where I'm racing (prob why I don't win!) but from memory, simple green smells like a dirty gym sock someone wiped their butt with? But that's allowed?
Old 02-21-2011, 10:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Alright just for fun I'm going to try and cover all of this...

Paul your welcome for the new sig

Derry, I'll bring the tissues and tampons and you can bring the beer!

Neu, I can honestly say that I don't care... Racing rc is not my life, I do it for fun. I get pissed off about the post heart attack corner marshals and things I can yell about from the drivers stand lol.

I don't see anything shady about it, if anything it's just going to help the ECT grow and make for even better racing. Like I said, people are racing cause they want to race the ECT, not cause of some master plan to screw the other tracks out of the finale by gaining points for another series and bumping up the numbers.

More than likely it's going to be harder to do well at the ECT than you would at a Rockstar race anyways.

As for the simple green... I don't make the rules I just follow them and try to have a good time. When someone says they've got some super sauce/soap that softens tires then that causes issues.

Co... I'm not the one crying about everything, you can let your wife keep her Midol. I don't know anything about the "Pro's" saucing at the invitational, I can guarantee that if they did and Jim or Kim knew about it they'd be treated like anyone else.

Your still making little to no sense when it comes to the sauce, if you've got tires that have previously been sauced then you've already got an advantage over those who don't. It's not like your being told to buy new tires and you can't run tires that have been previously sauced...

Grinding down tires? By the time the ECT starts slicks won't even be working.

You still sound like your trying to say you basically suck if you can't sauce your tires.

That to me sounds more like a personal problem...

You've yet to make a valid point with the exception of the issues of not running 1/8th scale.
Old 02-21-2011, 10:27 PM
Tech Legend

Its a shame this is happening and let this be a big lesson to everyone ....

When ever you pit track verses track in a point series in any way ?

Nothing but bad comes from it ....

Rivalry, ect, starts every time ...

Making the whole program suffer .....
Old 02-21-2011, 10:29 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (100%+)

Old 02-21-2011, 10:31 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Its a shame this is happening and let this be a big lesson to everyone ....

When ever you pit track verses track in a point series in any way ?

Nothing but bad comes from it ....

Rivalry, ect, starts every time ...

Making the whole program suffer .....
I agree... all the pissing and moaning is just hurting the ECT. Maybe next year the rules should be changed and every year a different track should host the finale.

Problem Solved...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.