Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
The Future Of The Nct....... >

The Future Of The Nct.......

The Future Of The Nct.......

Old 08-12-2004, 10:24 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Super Monster Truck Class

I think the Super Monster Truck class should stay the same for next year.

Add Unlimeted monster truck and see if it goes per NCT rules, cut and pasted here.

! LACK OF ENTRANTS

In the event that a class is not run at the first 3 NCT events, due to a lack of entries, that particular class will be
dropped from the series for the remainder of the year.

In the event that a class is not run at 2 NCT events, due to a lack
of entries, that specific Class Championship shall be reduced to
best 3 rounds and Series Awards will be decided.

A minimum of 3 drivers, completing 1 lap of their respective main, constitutes a class.

If there are enough truggies that want to run, they will show up and suport the series. If not the class can be droped.

Some of the current leagal NCT trucks might choose to run both super and unlimited monster truck. This would give you more track time and help the turn out in unlimited if needed.

Hmmmmmm.........two 30 minute monster truck A's in one day, sounds like fun, I'd do it.

If the unlimited class doesn't pan out in the first few races, just make sure the entry forms say (Super Monster Truck per NCT rules) for the remaining races.

Posibly one solution, just my 2 cents.
Old 08-16-2004, 07:55 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Keep the info coming...........

update: points have been updated at:

NorthwestChamps.com
Old 08-18-2004, 01:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Like others have said, if the series was exactly the same next year I would go to all the races. The only thing I can suggest is to not be afraid to continue taking aspects of other succesful motorsports and adapt them. For example, something similar to the AMA national numbering system for motorcycle racers would be cool(how it used to be, not the current numbering system):

-Everyone runs a unique 2- or 3-digit number in each class for the entire series. The first race you sign up for, you choose a number for that class, for the whole series.

-For each class, numbers 1-20 let's say are reserved for the top 20 in points from the previous year, 1st gets #1, 20th gets #20 and so on.

-Top finishers are allowed to run a # other than their assigned #, ex. if Marcus wants to run #259 in gas truck or 1/8-scale that's fine.

-Everyone outside the top 20(or whatever) are free to run
whatever number they want outside the assigned numbers.

I believe the lap counting software could handle different car/transponder numbers(whether the person using the software can handle it is another story) and I think it would contribute to the year-in-year-out attendance of the series as well as the clarity of race announcing. That's all I got, lunch is over, back to work....
Old 08-18-2004, 03:56 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Tall Can that is an awesome idea... How about this though

Each Class gets an indication number

Like -
Stock Buggy - 1
Stock truck - 2
Mod Truck - 3
Mod Buggy - 4
Mod 4 wheel - 5
Gas Truck - 6
1/8th scale - 7
Monster Truck - 8

Yeah that is all of them I think
Make them 3 digit numbers for all but the top 9

so stock buggy champ would be 11, second would be 12 and so on

then 10- what ever would be 110 111 112 113 114 115 116 and on down the road only have the top ten reserved for the year..

That would be Awesome but will Autoscor do that?
Old 08-18-2004, 05:33 PM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by Tall Can
Like others have said, if the series was exactly the same next year I would go to all the races. The only thing I can suggest is to not be afraid to continue taking aspects of other succesful motorsports and adapt them. For example, something similar to the AMA national numbering system for motorcycle racers would be cool(how it used to be, not the current numbering system):

-Everyone runs a unique 2- or 3-digit number in each class for the entire series. The first race you sign up for, you choose a number for that class, for the whole series.

-For each class, numbers 1-20 let's say are reserved for the top 20 in points from the previous year, 1st gets #1, 20th gets #20 and so on.

-Top finishers are allowed to run a # other than their assigned #, ex. if Marcus wants to run #259 in gas truck or 1/8-scale that's fine.

-Everyone outside the top 20(or whatever) are free to run
whatever number they want outside the assigned numbers.

I believe the lap counting software could handle different car/transponder numbers(whether the person using the software can handle it is another story) and I think it would contribute to the year-in-year-out attendance of the series as well as the clarity of race announcing. That's all I got, lunch is over, back to work....
Tall Can, nobody should be able to run #259 except the one, and only Bubba

Numbering system would be interesting??? Would be a good way to recognize, and acknowledge the efforts of all the dedicated racers from the prior year
Old 08-18-2004, 09:32 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)
Default Great Idea

Thats a great idea, only autoscore will not allow 2 digit #s, and it is hard to assign #s. you can assign #s to certain people, but only 0-9, at least thats what i have found thus far. i have the latest version of autoscore, as of last wednesday. Thats probably another add-on program, another 200.00 bucks or something..... Just like the pro-sort, re-sort, and series programs.

Who knows, by next season, that may be possible.

TSB- did you notice your last race date for your series, is the same date for the first round of the NWCT?

anyone have a list of entries for Round #6???

corey
Old 08-18-2004, 09:37 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Tall Can you going to Round 6?
Old 08-18-2004, 11:04 PM
Tech Regular

Dave, I think I need to get some bodies painted up with targets on them before I race again.....no seriously It's possible but I'd have to go friday eve. and TRCR+no practice+old bucket-mobile trucks = whoopin' so not sure yet.
Old 08-19-2004, 12:13 AM
TSB
Tech Master

I heard that the tentatvie date for the first round of the series was on the 12th and 13th not the 6th
Old 08-19-2004, 12:57 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Originally posted by Tall Can
Dave, I think I need to get some bodies painted up with targets on them before I race again.....no seriously It's possible but I'd have to go friday eve. and TRCR+no practice+old bucket-mobile trucks = whoopin' so not sure yet.

Hey I will be getting my A$$ handed to me too so come join us - lol.
Old 08-19-2004, 04:11 AM
Tech Elite

Dave as memory serves, it's far and few that you get your [email protected]@ handed to you. My memory is pretty good and I remember you doing the handing out.
Old 08-19-2004, 08:04 AM
Tech Master

BRIAN, WHO did you hear that from?

I know it wasn't me.
Old 08-19-2004, 10:40 AM
Tech Master

2005 NCT TENTATIVE SCHEDULE

March 5/6; Round #1 (maybe Feb 26/27)
April 16/17; Round #2
May 28/29; Round #3
June (TBD); Round #4
July(maybe August) (TBD); Round #5
August (maybe September)(TBD); Round #6

TBD= To Be Decided
Old 08-19-2004, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Default ANNOUNCEMENT

The Northwest Championship Tour (NCT) will have 1, possibly 2, host openings for the 2005 series.

Interested parties should email me for more information.

Thanks,
[email protected]
Old 08-19-2004, 02:04 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

how about lewiston???

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.