Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
The Future Of The Nct....... >

The Future Of The Nct.......

The Future Of The Nct.......

Old 08-06-2004, 09:36 PM
Tech Adept

Questionaire:

1.) What would you most like to see changed changed for the 2005 NCT? No qual points for electric, unless we go to electric bumps or 4 rounds

2.) What would you most like to NOT see changed for the 2005 NCT? Keep 2 rounds on the East side Spokane & Lewiston???, 2 rounds on the west side Canby & TRCR, and 2 rounds in central Westcoast & Wenatchee That would seem fair for everyone as far as driving.

For the love of god please... Dont make gas A mains any longer LOL

3.) What class would you most like to see added? None, adding more will just hurt the current classes.

4.) Which class should be dropped, if any? Any class that cant yeild at least 5 drivers per race

5.) Are there too many series races? If so, how many should be dropped? 4 out of 6 seems right

6.) Are there not enough series races? If so, how many should be added? 4 out of 7 would be cool, keep in mind attendance at each round would probably be slightly less.

7.) Should there be an series entry limit? If so how many? No limit, let the tracks decide after all its their race.

8.) List any other comments or suggestions you have:

I think gas A mains are a bit long, make them 20 minutes, half the time were watching only 4 or 5 ppl at the 20 minute mark now. At 20 minutes the gas A mains will still have the most track time.

If at all possible 4 rounds of qual's using qual points. Get the heats down, fill them up. Sure i like qualifing with only 4 or 5 others in my heat, but it just adds time to an aready full weekend. I would rather have 4 rounds of quals then 30 minute gas A mains and semi full heats.

Last edited by RandyN; 08-12-2004 at 11:59 AM.
Old 08-11-2004, 04:43 AM
Tech Adept

Default Re: The Future Of The Nct.......

Questionaire:

1.) What would you most like to see changed changed for the 2005 NCT?
Cut tires - should be allowed ONLY for indoor races.
# of fuel stops discarded - This takes away from the pit strategy in the mains. During qual's, capacity doesn't matter, only mains. Come up with some kind of "solution" for this rule.

2.) What would you most like to NOT see changed for the 2005 NCT?
Race dates evenly spaced out throughout the season.

3.) What class would you most like to see added?
Monster trucks need to be separated so that everybody can participate with whatever they have to race, after all you still have to drive it:
Smallblock - up to .18 engine, t-maxx size class
Bigblock - for .21 and above, truggies, LST, customs, etc . . .

4.) Which class should be dropped, if any?
Any classes that didn't have a decent turnout in this years series should be considered. or any class that doesn't have a pre-signup # of 5 or more.

5.) Are there too many series races? If so, how many should be dropped?
No, 6 total races isn't too many.

6.) Are there not enough series races? If so, how many should be added?
Sure, more the merrier, but too many and attendance will start to fluctuate more. Local club racing has shrunk significantly this year already (maybe it's just been an awesome summer ! . . ?)

7.) Should there be an series entry limit? If so how many?
This should depend on the facility hosting the race.

Gas Mains - A=45min, B=30min, C=15min, D-Z=10min with 2 bumps. Mains are what we all have been waiting for all weekend, not the qualifiers or practice . . . lol
Mandatory re-sort after 2nd round at all events - scoring by qual points (best 2 of 3)
7 or 10 minute gas qualifiers - an extra 2-5 minutes will seperate the field a little bit more.
Track maintenance - once qualifying begins, no maintenance until the day is over.
Watering - Must be fair - divided up between all heats, and then rotated between rounds. Same heat # will not have similar conditions.
Radio impound mandatory . . . . sure would be nice, but not all facilities have the ability to accomidate this. Maybe, radio tray (batteries) impound . . . lol This would take up a lot smaller space.
Old 08-11-2004, 10:07 AM
Tech Apprentice

I would like to see some awards given out at the end of year for best host track of the year, most improved driver, best corner marshall, most helpful (just some examples) I like the idea of rewarding those who bring a POSITIVE influence to the series.

I know this year some host tracks got changed, and that stuff happens, but I think the last series race should be the biggest Host/Event because this is were the awards are going to be presented, I don't like the idea of the smallest facility holding the finally (no disrespect to TRCR) I would assume that the last race potentialy would be the biggest, simply because this is the last race to get points, and also the awards ceramoney. Just move TRCR to another date

I like the Idea of mandatory pit stops, it does take away from pit strategies, however this a drivers sport let the winners be dictated by their driving, not fuel economey.

3.) What class would you most like to see added? None

Any class that cant yeild at least 5 drivers per race

N/A

Just a thought but maybe take 4 out of 7, this would give some people an additional opportunity to make 4 races, summers are busy for everone, another race may give someone a chance to compete that couldn't before.

No limit, let the tracks decide after all its their race.

I would Like to see 45min A-mains

Thank you so much Mike Dana, Host tracks, and all others for the hard work.

Ryan L. McCrery
Old 08-11-2004, 06:46 PM
Tech Regular

Default My 2 cents...

Mike, you've done an excellent job again this year and you deserve a lot of credit. Thanks again to all the hosts of the series this year!

Let's run electric quals followed by gas. Mixing them up seems to cause problems sometimes.

Let's remind people at the beginning of the event of the need for safety and security. I suggest people cooperate and watch each other's stuff when away from the pit areas. It really sucks having your stuff stolen. Also, I suggest people lock your stuff up when you're done with a particular car for the day. Let's keep fans off the track and try to keep them from loitering all day around the pit areas.

If we have enough MT entries, we can separate them into two classes: Modified and Unlimited. Use the same rules we used this year to keep unlimited MTs out of the points UNLESS it looks like we have enough to separate them from the beginning (seems doubtful, but who knows).

6 stops is good. Its hard to find dates that are evenly spaced, but at least avoid conflicts with other big regional races if possible.

Keep the A-mains at least 30 minutes. 45 or 60 would be great if we had the time!

Nice trophies, nice trophy girls. Nuff said.

None. If enough MT entries are available, create two MT classes.

None

Nope, 6 seems like a good number. Maybe one more club race somewhere for a total of seven.

See above.

The limits seemed right this year. Let's try to finish up so we can get on the road by 8 on Sunday.

I agree with Mike Phillips' comment about mandadory fuel stops in quals.

Thanks!
Old 08-11-2004, 07:33 PM
TSB
Tech Master

One idea- On the MT idea.. I think you should go for it and split them up. That is what all of the Truck and Truggy guys want. But make it this way... 15 minute mains for each. That way they are not taking anymore time and they can stop bitching every time a new updated car comes out... Make it these two classes. Unlimited MT ( ANY NON STOCK Monster Truck ) and Stock MT ( Any box stock Monster truck... same engine size that comes in the kit and NO MODS allowed period)
Old 08-11-2004, 09:30 PM
Tech Regular

Brian, thanks for your input BUT...how many folks actually run anything stock out of the box at these races?

ZERO

Who wants to?

NOBODY

I strenuously object to the idea of creating a "stock only class" in MT. No mods at all? You mean, you want 90% of the people to break down in the main? This isn't stock truck. These are heavy tucks and you need hop ups to take the punishment. I mean, I don't think anyone ran a 'stock MT' by your definition this entire season.

I definitely don't like the idea of cutting up the MT mains into two 15 minute races, either.

I say we create an unlimited class if we get enough people to commit to the series who want to run unlimited. Enough to me means about 10 people who agree in principle to attend at least four races.

Otherwise, we keep the same rules as last year. I think they work well.

The NCTers have a chance at an NCT trophy, but they give up a level playing field for event trophies. Unlimited get a better shot at the event trophy, but they give up NCT points. It seems fair, doesn't it? Of course it does.

Any MTers want to sound off please?

Thanks
Old 08-11-2004, 10:41 PM
TSB
Tech Master

There is your answer then... One class it is :-)
Old 08-11-2004, 10:42 PM
TSB
Tech Master

I think MT guys can have as long of a main as they want... Their backyard has no time limits!!!!
Old 08-11-2004, 10:56 PM
Tech Regular

Ding. TSB, you've got mail!
Old 08-11-2004, 11:19 PM
TSB
Tech Master

And the two story houses have good drivers stands... with Lawn chairs and BBQ's and all that stuff...

we could all be so lucky
Old 08-12-2004, 12:48 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Mike I believe you shoul add a 19 turn Spec class to buggy and truck. Also I notice us Portland Racers have to travel to all races with only 1 local race here which makes it hard for some people to get time off etc. I believe the Summer Series should be all outdoor and the Winter one should be all indoor, example my opinion is this last race should of been at CRA instead of TRCR - nothing against TRCR just Summer should = outdoors thats all. Also Run the electric in the morning and gas at night worked great for quals. Other than somethings I have noticed I have been enjoying it very much. We all think we have ways to make it a 100% better but the fact is we are all different with different views so make your best judgement. See ya all in Tacoma
Old 08-12-2004, 08:17 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

We all have to drive to all but one. Spokane/Coeur d'Alene people have to drive to all but one also. Spokane people have to drive just as much or more because there are 2 races over on the coast...
Old 08-12-2004, 09:08 AM
RMG
Tech Adept

Originally posted by afarrow
Brian, thanks for your input BUT...how many folks actually run anything stock out of the box at these races?

ZERO

Who wants to?

NOBODY

I strenuously object to the idea of creating a "stock only class" in MT. No mods at all? You mean, you want 90% of the people to break down in the main? This isn't stock truck. These are heavy tucks and you need hop ups to take the punishment. I mean, I don't think anyone ran a 'stock MT' by your definition this entire season.

I definitely don't like the idea of cutting up the MT mains into two 15 minute races, either.

I say we create an unlimited class if we get enough people to commit to the series who want to run unlimited. Enough to me means about 10 people who agree in principle to attend at least four races.

Otherwise, we keep the same rules as last year. I think they work well.

The NCTers have a chance at an NCT trophy, but they give up a level playing field for event trophies. Unlimited get a better shot at the event trophy, but they give up NCT points. It seems fair, doesn't it? Of course it does.

Any MTers want to sound off please?

Thanks
Allan, you have some good ideas for next year's NCT. I think Mike Dana is open minded enough to take your comments more seriously than some here on the forum.

There are a few here on this forum who have an overwhelming prejudice against MT's and all nitro for that matter. Rather than accepting that MT racing is the fastest growing segment of RC offroad racing and helping the class grow with constructive criticisim and ideas, they choose to make sarcastic remarks regarding Monster truck racing. Pretty easy for the non-MT racers to think our "bitch" about the class has no merit, after all, they don't race in our class.

People are people Allan, don't sweat it bud', we'll get the rules staightened out soon
Old 08-12-2004, 09:46 AM

No cut tires for 1/8th scale period. qual points only if you can squeeze in 4 rounds. track maintenence scheduled to avoid unfair track conditions, (wenatchee). re-sort after 2 rounds. look at maybe making it a three day event, we were all there for the Fridays anyway. Mandatory start time ea. day. for example, Sat and Sun always start at 9:00 a.m. no exceptions, that way we all no what's going on.

keep the mandatory pit stops, takes the money factor of running the engine too lean out of play and puts the pressure back on the driver and pit crew like it should be. mixing the electrics and gas worked fine in canby, would not have worked at the other tracks, needs to be a game time decision.

can anyone say "truggies"

4 out of 7 would be nice, tough to make 4 out of 6 for me personally

entry limit should be based on track and pit area. track maintenance should be a consideration.

re-visit the team member restrictions, I haven't followed it too closely, but it seems like it would be hard for the same 4 people to make the same 4 races. More substitutions, or teams by home track name allowed for any 4 from a track to enter.
Old 08-12-2004, 10:41 AM
Tech Legend

Default Trcr

Personally I think Trcr sould host all of the races !!!!

Be a whole lot better ......

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell or Share My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2023 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.