Search
Like Tree38Likes

tcs in washington

Search this Thread

Old 01-07-2018, 10:20 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10
Interesting rule changes.

I look forward to hearing what spec tire we’ll be using this summer.
Per the 2018 TCS rules, the spec tire for the Galaxy round will be the RUSH Premium Grip Type 36X Premount.

I'm sure for regular club racing we will have an open tire as usual, but these Rush tires should perform well when the temps warm up (late spring/early summer).
Old 01-07-2018, 10:22 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

You sure about that?

Marks post above says otherwise:

2. The Tamiya B3 premounts will no longer be used in the GT1 and GT2 classes on asphalt tracks like Galaxy. Instead, each track will choose its own spec tire. (I expect this to change again next year, after Tamiya USA works out a deal for TCS-branded premount tires with Solaris, the preferred tire at the Tamiya track.) There is a chart in the rule book saying that the spec tire at Galaxy is "RUSH Premium Grip Type 36X Premount". Mike assures me that this is NOT true. He's never heard of this tire and is still working things out with Tamiya USA. It would be a mistake to buy spec tires until Mike has them in the shop for you. At that point you'll know the choice has been made, but not before.

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86
Per the 2018 TCS rules, the spec tire for the Galaxy round will be the RUSH Premium Grip Type 36X Premount.

I'm sure for regular club racing we will have an open tire as usual, but these Rush tires should perform well when the temps warm up (late spring/early summer).
Old 01-07-2018, 02:45 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JoshuaRC10
You sure about that?

Marks post above says otherwise:

2. The Tamiya B3 premounts will no longer be used in the GT1 and GT2 classes on asphalt tracks like Galaxy. Instead, each track will choose its own spec tire. (I expect this to change again next year, after Tamiya USA works out a deal for TCS-branded premount tires with Solaris, the preferred tire at the Tamiya track.) There is a chart in the rule book saying that the spec tire at Galaxy is "RUSH Premium Grip Type 36X Premount". Mike assures me that this is NOT true. He's never heard of this tire and is still working things out with Tamiya USA. It would be a mistake to buy spec tires until Mike has them in the shop for you. At that point you'll know the choice has been made, but not before.
I've heard of the tire. It's not a major tire over here, but It's out there. I was a little surprised myself to see the different tires per round, but anything would be better (and cheaper) than the B3 tires.
I'm not running TCS (just the galaxy club races), so it's not a big deal to me, but even so, I wouldn't buy a tire until closer to the outdoor season starting anyways. Even then, I wouldn't buy the TCS-spec tire right away as it'll probably be a warmer-weather spec tire (hence the "36" tire that was previously spec'd. There's lots of affordable pre-mounted TC tires that will work just fine. Just my two cents.

Having said all that, I do think it should be up to the track to select a tire for their regional that works best for their track/ conditions.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:27 PM
Tech Master

Default 2018 Galaxy RC Racing Schedule!

Ok boys & girls...... The schedule is up!

We're not far away from racing in "the great outdoors" (parking lot paradise), so in talking with Mike at Galaxy, here's what we have on tap!

*(All races are Sunday)*

April 29 - Season Opener
May 6
May 20
June 3
June 17
July 8
July 15
July 22 - Tamiya TCS NW Regional
August 5
August 19 - Season Finale

*Classes:

Keep in mind, this is a Tamiya-first program, so all TCS classes will be run at each race date, and the program is structured and run in a way that promotes FUN racing for everyone.

Classes include:
GT1
GT2
GT Pro Spec
Mini
F1
Euro Truck
Novice
Truck/rally (Galaxy fun class)

For those of us that don't have a Tamiya car, but still want to participate in a fun program, here's a bit of clarification on where you'll fit in, class-wise:

*GT1 - Stock Touring - 17.5 motors (Per TCS Regional rules)
*GT2 - Scale Spec - 21.5 motors (Per TCS Regional rules)

*As of right now tires for touring classes are open for normal race days, but as soon as Mike gets confirmation from TCS for the tire for Regionals, he will have those available through the shop. It looks as though it may be either a Solaris or Rush premount, but more on that in the coming weeks.

*As a general rule, The program creates a fun and laid-back atmosphere, so if you have a car that you normally run with NORA, Seattle RC Racers, etc.. we will find a spot for you to race.

*The only date that will be closed to other brands will of course be the TCS Regional on July 22nd. This race will be run per TCS rules as usual.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!
Galaxy is a great program with fun, stress-free racing, and I couldn't be more excited for some fun in the sun with toy cars a good people!

-Jesse

Last edited by cementsurfer86; 02-13-2018 at 06:19 AM.
Old 02-12-2018, 06:44 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Ok boys & girls...... The schedule is up!

We're not far away from racing in "the great outdoors" (parking lot paradise), so in talking with Mike at Galaxy, here's what we have on tap!

*(All races are Sunday)*

April 29 - Season Opener
May 6
May 20
June 3
June 17
July 8
July 15
July 22 - Tamiya TCS NW Regional
August 5
August 19 - Season Finale

*Classes:

Keep in mind, this is a Tamiya-first program, so all TCS classes will be run at each race date, and the program is structured and run in a way that promotes FUN racing for everyone.

Classes include:
GT1
GT2
GT Pro Spec
Mini
F1
Euro Truck
Novice
Truck/rally (Galaxy fun class)

For those of us that don't have a Tamiya car, but still want to participate in a fun program, here's a bit of clarification on where you'll fit in, class-wise:

*GT1 - Modified or Super Stock - 13.5 motors (Per TCS National rules)
*GT2 - Stock - 17.5 or 21.5 motors (Per TCS National rules)

*GT Pro Spec - This takes the place of the old GT3 class, so those running Scale Spec will fit here. - 21.5 motors (Per TCS National rules)

*As of right now tires for touring classes are open for normal race days, but as soon as Mike gets confirmation from TCS for the tire for Regionals, he will have those available through the shop. It looks as though it may be either a Solaris or Rush premount, but more on that in the coming weeks.

*As a general rule, The program creates a fun and laid-back atmosphere, so if you have a car that you normally run with NORA, Seattle RC Racers, etc.. we will find a spot for you to race.

*The only date that will be closed to other brands will of course be the TCS Regional on July 22nd. This race will be run per TCS rules as usual.

If you have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to ask!
Galaxy is a great program with fun, stress-free racing, and I couldn't be more excited for some fun in the sun with toy cars a good people!

-Jesse
Jesse,

In the TCS rules for 2018 it says that GT1 is 17.5 and GT2 is 21.5 for Galaxy. Has that changed since the rulebook came out? Thanks!
Old 02-12-2018, 07:13 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Kelseyrc
Jesse,

In the TCS rules for 2018 it says that GT1 is 17.5 and GT2 is 21.5 for Galaxy. Has that changed since the rulebook came out? Thanks!
I went with the "Nationals" motor rules for our normal race days, so it keeps GT2 (stock) and Pro Spec (Scale Spec) separate as far as motor size. The regional rules are as you stated, 21.5 for GT2, 17.5 for GT1.

Unless we want to go with regionals rules for classes? In that case, GT2 would be essentially Scale Spec and GT1 would be our current "stock touring". what do you think?
Old 02-12-2018, 07:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I think 13.5 is way too much for that track and very rarely gets run.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:22 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Carnage9270
I think 13.5 is way too much for that track and very rarely gets run.
Good call. I've updated the original post to reflect the Regional motor rule.
GT1 will run 17.5 (Stock Touring)
GT2 will run 21.5 (Essentially Scale Spec)

Kind of makes more sense that way.
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 02-13-2018, 06:43 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

braaap i'm dusting off the ol' ta05 this season, cant wait for asphalt!
cementsurfer86 and JoshuaRC10 like this.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:32 PM
Tech Regular

Default Ride height

I’m not seeing any info on minimum ride height for the different classes in the rules for this year. Specifically looking for f1. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

-Jeff
Old 04-01-2018, 07:48 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by JeffofSpace
I’m not seeing any info on minimum ride height for the different classes in the rules for this year. Specifically looking for f1. Can anyone enlighten me?

Thanks!

-Jeff
Jeff, for the regular season racing, we'll just roll with what SRCR uses for ride height. 5mm for touring cars, 4mm for F1. Keep in mind that the Galaxy parking lot is on the bumpy side, so 4mm might be a bit low. For reference, I ran 5mm on my F1 at the ECC last weekend.

For TCS, I'd assume there's a minimum ride height listed within the rules. I'll try to find it.
Old 04-01-2018, 07:49 PM
Tech Master

Never seen one for asphalt. Just to protect carpet.
cementsurfer86 likes this.
Old 04-01-2018, 08:12 PM
Tech Regular

Jeff, for the regular season racing, we'll just roll with what SRCR uses for ride height. 5mm for touring cars, 4mm for F1. Keep in mind that the Galaxy parking lot is on the bumpy side, so 4mm might be a bit low. For reference, I ran 5mm on my F1 at the ECC last weekend.

For TCS, I'd assume there's a minimum ride height listed within the rules. I'll try to find it.
Thanks! Was thinking 4 would be a bit low for Galaxy. I ran 4 at ecc, planning on the same when running at SeaTac.
Old 04-02-2018, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

5.5mm ride height for my trf102, any lower and the t-bar will crack over the bumps when it bottoms out. My link f1 and older f104 cars were best when kept at 5mm or higher.
Old 04-02-2018, 10:15 AM
Tech Master

Usually run my TC at 5.5 - 6mm

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.