Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NWIC ROUND #2 MT. VERNON

Search this Thread

Old 10-19-2010, 09:24 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

On the track size: it's very comparable to RC Plus. If anything, maybe a little longer but also a little narrower.

As for the laptimes, they only started a road program up there last year. They were trying different things, and it's true that some of their layouts were very basic. A fast TC driver like Wes could lay down some quick laps, for sure. When I ran 1/12th with Kuney, and Trav ran his TC, the laptimes were more in the 8's for both. Which probably doesn't say as much about 1/12th, but that gives you an idea about TC.

In brief, expect an RC Plus-like track in terms of size and layout.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:00 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

Originally Posted by joeymdz
Hello.... were in the 9's here... thank you!
Hello.... Was also said with "smaller than rc plus" ... This was also last years layout, this year looks more refined.
Old 10-19-2010, 10:16 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Joke Wes... JOKE (but were still in the 9's)
Old 10-19-2010, 11:02 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Uncle Al
I would like to thank Todd for answering this question for me after we talked this afternoon, I am still quite new at all the different tire compounds available and would like to keep everyone on the same page for tires and using the three listed above as our spec tire would be appreciated so we can keep the cost to minimum.

Thanks Allen T.
I have some sjr 32's and speedmind 32's, I have yet to run sedan at hanger 30 so I don't have any of the sweep tires, I didn't run the TZGP so I don't have any solaris tires. my jaco blues got thrown out when the hanger switched spec tires. thats why I was asking if it was open brand 32's. just trying to keep the cost down for THIS racer, but I guess I can't run them.

so for the guys that have run sedan at TZ with the solaris and at the Hanger with the sweeps, which tire would you say will be the fast one? I do realize you only ran the solaris with jack the gripper for compound, so it may not be a fair comparison. I guess I could just buy all three spec tires and see which one works best on my car. so much for cost control.....
Old 10-19-2010, 11:11 AM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
I have some sjr 32's and speedmind 32's, I have yet to run sedan at hanger 30 so I don't have any of the sweep tires, I didn't run the TZGP so I don't have any solaris tires. my jaco blues got thrown out when the hanger switched spec tires. thats why I was asking if it was open brand 32's. just trying to keep the cost down for THIS racer, but I guess I can't run them.

so for the guys that have run sedan at TZ with the solaris and at the Hanger with the sweeps, which tire would you say will be the fast one? I do realize you only ran the solaris with jack the gripper for compound, so it may not be a fair comparison. I guess I could just buy all three spec tires and see which one works best on my car. so much for cost control.....
Having read the rules Ritchie, I think your good. As long as there 32 bring them. It's a great program up there. Easy to deal with. And besides SJR is part Jaco, so another golden point there.

Grant
Old 10-19-2010, 11:15 AM
Tech Champion

according to the rules as written and posted I would be good, but I wanted to make sure so I asked a direct question twice and never got a direct answer. Mr. Morris makes it sound like they want to stick to one of the three brands so I will go that route i guess.
Old 10-19-2010, 12:16 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

hey Richie both of thoughs tires are sorex based tires .the sjr's are sorex tires monted on jaco rims the aren't part of jaco .Bill Bowerman had them made for speed world as a high preformace tire.
the speedmind tires are also sorex tires mounted on there rims .
and form what i understand they banned the sorex tire because of cost?
Old 10-19-2010, 12:42 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)
Lightbulb Sweep QTS 32's

Hey Ritchie, I have a "Unused Set" of QTS 32's you can have, as I don't intend on running Sedan @H-30 this season.............LMK!
Old 10-19-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]
Old 10-19-2010, 12:47 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by bigdadracing
hey Richie both of thoughs tires are sorex based tires .the sjr's are sorex tires monted on jaco rims the aren't part of jaco .Bill Bowerman had them made for speed world as a high preformace tire.
They are made with assistance from Jaco, Jaco glues all the premounts
Old 10-19-2010, 01:10 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by bigdadracing
I already knew that. It says sorex right on the side of the tire
Old 10-19-2010, 01:12 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by el salvador
Hey Ritchie, I have a "Unused Set" of QTS 32's you can have, as I don't intend on running Sedan @H-30 this season.............LMK!
Thank you sir. You going on Saturday I'll get them then
Old 10-19-2010, 01:16 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by Owen RaCing
  1. [*]
  2. [*]
  3. [*]
Don't actually think their banned. Just strongly suggested to use the three listed
Old 10-19-2010, 01:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Well.....you don't wanna know what I think
Old 10-19-2010, 05:01 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Can't agree that sorex is one of the best tires out there. Might be marginal on asphalt, but on carpet they suck tubular appendage.

Grant

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.