R/C Tech Forums

R/C Tech Forums (https://www.rctech.net/forum/)
-   Northwest Racers (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers-50/)
-   -   Vancouver/Portland area - web portal? (https://www.rctech.net/forum/northwest-racers/441873-vancouver-portland-area-web-portal.html)

makaluch 10-09-2010 02:55 PM

Vancouver/Portland area - web portal?

Here it is: PortlandRC.com - Web Portal and Forums I'll be adding links and content for you guys as time permits. You can also register and participate however you like. New threads show up on the front page with pictures, videos, and any other media you insesrt into the opening post. You can also add new posts to the front page calendar if it's a scheduled event. Lots of cool stuff to use. Check it out!

Opening info Moved Down, Link Removed:
Would PeninsulaRC.com get used down there? I'm thinkin about renaming and rebadging it to represent the Vancouver/Portland/Oregon area when I move. Figured I'd get some input. It's all free, fun stuff and just a hobby for me.

dragracechief 10-10-2010 10:18 PM

I think its cool Mark, I've checked it out and think you do a great job. I for one would use it.

makaluch 10-12-2010 04:17 PM

Nice! I'll work on the domain stuff and rebranding it after I get down there. I'll also purge the info that's local to this area and reorganize.

If there's anything that folks would like to see, just ask. I run my sites different than most. I give certain people rights to manage their own stuff... ie; store and track owners are admins of their own section and have full control over its content. I'll do my best to keep it a nice place full of cool info and media. Registered users get a chatbox on the front page too...fun stuff.

makaluch 10-12-2010 08:50 PM

Or.... I might just start from scratch :nod: Either way, I'm pluggin away on the back end stuff now. Weeeeeeeee!

makaluch 10-13-2010 05:30 PM

Banners, security, sections, SEO, publish...

makaluch 10-15-2010 06:18 PM

I still have tons of work to do, but here it is: PortlandRC.com - Web Portal and Forums

No content, but feel free to poke around, register, leave suggestions, whatever. I'll be adding links and info as time permits. It can be used however you like...unless you like to spam and pen test. :)

makaluch 10-17-2010 12:17 AM

Ok, it's pretty much done. I'll be making mini banners and adding links and content for you guys as time permits. You can also register and add whatever, however you like.

New threads show up on the front page with pictures, videos, and any other media you insert into the opening post. You can also add new posts to the front page calendar if it's a scheduled event. Lots of cool stuff to use. Check it out!

aeronb 10-17-2010 07:11 PM

I'm all registered. Nice work on the site there.

makaluch 10-17-2010 08:46 PM

Thanks for the kind words and registering aeronb!

PortlandRC.com now has a gallery and a few banner links on the left side of the home page. I need to setup permissions on the gallery so it's not usable just yet, but lightBox is working. :) I'll try to get everyone covered with the links eventually. It's just a slow process for me. I'm not a whizbang guy with graphics.

makaluch 10-23-2010 11:32 PM

Cool stuff. Check it out.

Purpose: a directory to the local RC community and a place to check out cool stuff. Stop in and register! Hopefully it'll be able to serve the Portland/Vancouver community well. Contribute if you can. :nod:

makaluch 10-26-2010 10:30 PM

I removed the front page wrapper. I'll leave it like that for a few days. Maybe it'll make more sense to people that stop in. I think people are confused by the front page crap.

PortlandRC.com - lemme know if it looks more friendly this way.

R\C Fanatic 10-29-2010 11:35 AM

Site looks great Mark! I will use it and tell everyone I know to register so we can share good info!

makaluch 10-30-2010 12:32 PM

Thanks man. Yeah, it's just there for however you'd like to use it. It's not going anywhere. I run a small, specialized hosting company so it's unlimited forever and doesn't cost anything.

Feel free to start a club thread and send people over to check it out. I can give the club leader full control of their own thread after a few people are active. Post get togethers and meetings in the calendar..it automatically posts to the "Events and Meetings" thread. I'm working on improving the calendar.

Victor Vector 10-30-2010 01:29 PM

The site is cute. I just don't see the point when we have RC Tech working as it does...........sorry.

Jacko

makaluch 10-30-2010 09:16 PM

I agree bro. I have zero expectations for it. It doesn't have a real purpose or anything like that. I just love the hobby and I like messin around with technology. :) If it helps people find their way to our great hobby and our local tracks then it's done something good.