Community
Wiki Posts
Search

MONEY RACING

Search this Thread

Old 07-01-2004, 01:44 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
With some of the last points made here...I think I'll stay away from paying out bonuses. Our weekend race coming up has tons of prizes for almost everyone, a barbeque both days and plenty of sponsors helping out with PROMOTING the race. Not to mention we'll have 3 KISW Rock girls there on Sunday for pictures and all around fun with everyone there. I like those kind of events! The July 10th & 11th Weekend Tournament will have 6 rounds of racing for all classes & 7 rounds for the guys who qualified for the No-Bull 5 race........and it's only $40.00 unlimited entries.

I think that is the future of R/C Racing.....inexpensive Weekend races with tons of giveaways and prizes for everyone.....try not to let anyone go home empty handed.

I think if you want the money involved, a Pro-type R/C circuit needs to be set-up for something like that. It will cost more to enter races when that happens. I raced and was a part of real stock car racing teams for years and you'll never make back what you spend until you get big time and even then it is due to indorsements and such... Maybe I am wrong on this.
Old 07-01-2004, 01:50 PM
Tech Elite

The Tiltyard owned by me is hosting the money race in the east. I'm only allowing 100 entries in 1/8th scale. The entry fee is 100.00 and the winner gets 5000.00 thats right no typos. :-)
I'm giving 9000.00 o fthe 10.000 dollars in entry fees back.

August 7-8. There is a few spots open.

ROAR's stance on this is as long as you do not use ROAR rules or mention ROAR then it is not against their policy.

A track can host other bodies races without effecting the other body.

The NRL is sanctioning my race.

Oh to top it off. No factory drivers with free chasiss' and paid travel are allowed.

Let's Get R Done
Old 07-01-2004, 02:09 PM
Tech Addict

Homer;
How are controlling hacking?
What are your penalties?
Old 07-01-2004, 02:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Johnny:

I'm all for input positive or negative comments. My reply to Cherry was an attempt to let him no we understand his point, before it gets out of hand.

You definately have some "outside-the-box" ideas in your post. Interesting......

I will post my tentative payout schedule based on entries later tonight or tomorrow (I might hit the track tonight )

As MOTO writes, 2 classes (Pro and Amateur) would be needed minimum. And you should have to earn your way into the PRO class.

You should all know that my opinion of ANY Pro payout is to pay back as far as possible.

THANKS FOR ALL OF THE INPUT!!! This thread has been up for about 30hrs and obviously there is interest in this topic.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:17 PM
Tech Master

Hommer,

Can you start a "Tilt Yard $5000.00 1/8 scale Shootout" thread for questions and answers.

Thanks,
Mike
Old 07-01-2004, 02:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default pay

How bout this instead of pro and amatuer classes, 2 classes pay sponsered and unsponsored, make the payouts a little smaller and the racing will be alot better. I race paycheck to paycheck this way I wont have to worry about losing to a guy (or gal) who gets their parts and kits for free(even as we do now) JUST A THOUGH.
Old 07-01-2004, 02:37 PM
Tech Elite

I started the thread in the electric and nitro offroad section.

Please take all questions about the Tiltyard 5000 dollar race there. I'll be more than happy to answer them.
Old 07-01-2004, 03:25 PM
Tech Master

Thanks Hommer.

Spreck,

Don't you open up a can of worms with that though?

I mean what level of sponosrship do you allow and don't allow? What about all those that get parts at a discount, or have a partial tire deal, or a partial chassis deal, or what about the person that gets air filters for free but has to pay for kits? How do you seperate them?
Old 07-01-2004, 04:11 PM
TSB
Tech Master

One class that is the only way to do it. I am unsponsored but not slow... So can I run the sportsman version to get a lil cash??? Money racing is a crazy idea. We all yell at each other as it is... We all remember "What was that!!!! What the F@CK WAS THAT!!!" (at least anyone who was at round 4 last year does lol) And that was a non trophy race... I could only imagine. I think that a money race would be cool only if fair guidelines were set and enforced. No way would I want to get taken out and nothing said yet I take someone out and I am black flagged. I have also heard the saying "What can I do" about the NCT races when rules aren't enforced fairly. For it to work a lot of things would have to be done...

Qualifying - Ifmar 5 cars per heat max
this would make qualifying a pure run on the clock qualifyer.

Surface- The track SHOULD NOT be on a surface that is drastically diferent from heat one to heat five. Been there it sucked.

Duct Tape- All drivers should required to have duct tape over their mouths as to not yell at each other

Rough Driving- The only fair thing to say is have at it. There is no penelties for rough driving. Just remember there is also no peneltie for pay backs when your car gets broken.

there are a lot more that should be considered here. The reason why money racing works in real racing is that some one can't take you out as easily as they can in r/c... Road racing they rub but do't crash the other person becasue their day could be ruined as well, drag racing it is all most impossible to take someone out, motorcycle racers would be nuts to hack so it doesn't happen as much. I will say this if I were in second and first was ahead of me on the last lap he is going down... enough said!!!! I wouldn't hide that. I don't thin too many people would
Old 07-01-2004, 04:15 PM
Tech Elite

Talking Seperation anxiety!

Maybe you could seperate them by who has a full sponsorship and who has a partial sponsorship. For our 2 day race coming up we started a division just for the sponsored drivers who are going to be competing at the Onroad Nationals. We can let them be by themselves and put on a great show for everyone as well and have some good practice before their big race. That could be another option as far as seperating them. Make divisions just for sponsored drivers to compete against other sponsored drivers. Just a though.....good discussions going on here by the way!!
Old 07-01-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by TSB
Duct Tape- All drivers should required to have duct tape over their mouths as to not yell at each other
That is GOOD!! I like that!!
Old 07-01-2004, 04:32 PM
Tech Adept

Originally posted by TSB
I am unsponsored but not slow...
I was going to read your whole post but you quickly discredited yourself J/K

I have to agree with Brian though, it will generate more conflict and griping. His point about racing for money in real racing is very valid too.

The few money races that are coming up, like the one in Wenatchee, will be a good "pilot program" for us to see how things go.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:33 PM
Tech Master

The PRO Duct tape class......... . That's probably the funniest thing you've ever come up with Brian. I like it.

Actually, I think on a regional level (the Northwest or any other region for that matter) any true PRO class would be rather small. Like at many MX races back in the day when I was busting my *ss doing that. At the local yocal races (not the Pac-West series) if there were more than 4-5 Pro's there it was worth talking about.

I would think at most NW club races (RCCCW, RCCCS, TRCR, Schmidts, Waynes, etc) if a true PRO class happened I would doubt there would be more than 4-8 entries for the class!!!

Now, 2-day races would (or maybe I should say should) be different. Hopefully the PRO class drivers would realize that's where the other PRO's will be and hopefully would get 30-40 of them. Which, would be probably ALL of them here in the NW.

I would think being a "PRO" and having a "PRO" class would probably limit those you could race against. Simillar to what MOTO was saying above. While it would seperate the top say 30-40 in the region from the rest, it would provide the "AMATEURS" a little closer playing field and restrict the number of races that had enough Pro's to even have a class.

Of course my background is in Off-Road. I have NO idea what the On-Road scene is like.
Old 07-01-2004, 04:54 PM
Tech Master

When we think of "PRO" we all just immediately think of money. Why can't we consider other aspects of being a PRO? I mean, if we are talking abut starting something new lets look at what being a PRO should entail.

How about driver etiquette?

Like in Golf, your not going to get very far if you don't have it. Shouldn't the PRO's have the best etiquette as well? Shouldn't the only time a PRO driver should be talking on the stand is either to there buddy next to them (if that's cool between friends) or to there Pit Guy. I would think in a PRO class yelling at each other, or a turn marshall or at the RD should be dealt with VERY severly.

Remember, PRO stands for PROFESSIONAL. There are LOTS of things that make up a professional. Etiquette is one example.

How about appearance?

When I was AMA Pro we had a manditory dress code the AMA enforced for PRO's. If you didn't follw it you were fined straight-off and if you didn't change, like right now, you were DQ'd from the event. The bikes had to look PROFESSIONAL as well. So, I could also envision no haggered-out, hooptied bodies on the cars. Stuff like that.

If a PRO class is started, why can't the best of the best police themselves? Well, at least to a point. It's done in golf.......to a point. Why not RC?

The PRO class should not only be the best drivers but the best in every other aspect of RC racing as well.

okay, my RX pack is charged and I'm hitting the track now................
Old 07-01-2004, 04:55 PM
TSB
Tech Master

Thanks Colin... maybe I should change it to unsponsored and slow LOL... Actually I do have motor sponsorship and my have a battery sponsorship lined up... but I suck at gas racing... well at least so far I do...

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.