Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Fantasy World  Summer Sizzler 2004 >

Fantasy World Summer Sizzler 2004

Fantasy World Summer Sizzler 2004

Old 07-26-2004, 08:12 PM
Tech Legend

7 minutes RULES !!!

On da Bright side....
When Roar ever`s goes* to a 7 minute race you`s guy`s will be one fast batch of bad Azz turtles that never dump........

* (When Hell freeze`s over)
Old 07-26-2004, 09:01 PM
Regional Moderator

Hmm five min's I think I can make a motor last 5 min's the smoke doesn't come out till the 5:45 mark.
I don't know what happend yet but blowing 2 motors in 1 day is a new thing for me. These 2 motors have been running strong and tq/winning for the last month.
Old 07-26-2004, 10:09 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally posted by FWR
There was a discussion at the track after yesterday’s race. It is not just my mind to change. I try to put together the opinions of quite a few people and come up with something that they all can agree on.

And before anybody says it..
Yes, I do take into account everybody’s opinion, and yes, the people that show up all the time, set up the track, take it back down, organize the races, spend time during the winter fixing up and cleaning the bus, and generally support and promote the track with a positive attitude do carry more weight, but all opinions are heard.

I do not make decisions on my own, next time we talk about the length of the races I will make sure I bring up all the opinions I have heard, both the 5 minutes and going back to the 7 minutes.
I'm not talking about club race ..Summer sizzlers is once a year and I believe is s/b open door for everyone or racer to come down to have fun.. Sure I know there are people willing to spent alot of money to win... Please FWR Let's make this be a family fun hobbies

Yes there are racer who support the track and race there everyweekend and that's great...I repect that and I do understant they can have their rule anyway they want for the club race
Old 07-27-2004, 01:35 AM
Tech Master

OVA,

my pistons are all the way open in the rear and only one closed up front....shock positions on the towers are one hole down from the top on both......5.5mm ride.......5mm droop......white spring rear, light blue front.....the car was f#$@kn dialed on 4 wheels... see ya on Sunday.....

that was a fun 5 minutes Donny....we'll miss ya....see ya on the carpet when you get back...
Old 07-27-2004, 05:57 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally posted by seanyblaze
OVA,

my pistons are all the way open in the rear and only one closed up front....shock positions on the towers are one hole down from the top on both......5.5mm ride.......5mm droop......white spring rear, light blue front.....the car was f#$@kn dialed on 4 wheels... see ya on Sunday.....

that was a fun 5 minutes Donny....we'll miss ya....see ya on the carpet when you get back...
Thanks
Old 07-27-2004, 10:54 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

Cool, now I'll have a good starting place for a setup. I went and picked up the lasy xray at Fantasy world. I am really impressed with the car. Are you still running the same oil sean?

-Korey
Old 07-27-2004, 11:14 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

sushiboy
I believe sean is useing the kit shock oil 30wt. F/R
Old 07-27-2004, 11:59 AM
Tech Master

ova,

no prob man...

sushi, 30wt x-ray....

and ova, my droop is measured with a losi tool from the botum of the arm, right at the end of the pin if you know what I mean...
Old 07-27-2004, 12:12 PM
Tech Champion

Thanks dude
Old 07-27-2004, 02:00 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally posted by seanyblaze
ova,

no prob man...

sushi, 30wt x-ray....

and ova, my droop is measured with a losi tool from the botum of the arm, right at the end of the pin if you know what I mean...
Yes... I do know what you are saying ,I also use the losi droop tool.
Old 07-27-2004, 08:29 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default 5min,6min,whatever

time for roar and everyone else to get with the program,with the batteries we have today,and i for one don't buy or have the best batteries,we should be running at least 6min heats, last sunday we changed all to six minutes,except mod will remain 5min. nobody dumped. really don't think 5 or 6 min run time is an issue for signup, lets be honest about the bottom line here, seems there's a group of people who don't really want to race with other people, they want their car to be on the track at the same time as other's, BUTTTT, want their car to be sooooo farrrrr in front so as not to have competitors, what's the point? seems like more fun, fun thats the key word. to actually race with other people, maybe all be on the same lap. longer run times start to even out the playing field, ohhh! there's that other word "playing", not to date myself but remember 1200 cells,not making 4min runtime,you'd think we're still running jerobee lighting 2000 cars, geeez look at the equipment we have today, look at how technologicaly advanced our toys have become, they are not toys anymore, soooo! there's something wrong if we can't make 6 min runtime and still have juice leftover, let's remember what duece bigelow said, "it goes soft at the end of 7min, not after just 6min"
Old 07-27-2004, 09:39 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default Deuce...

Well said Busman. Hear, hear!
Old 07-27-2004, 09:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 30 (100%+)

is there going to be any love for the pan car guys? ie 12th mod or Pro 10? lol if not i will run my Xray FT. I think stock kicks @$$ by the way. Its a good measure of how well you can tune your car and drive. Mod you can just pick a diffrent wind to be faster, specially when they dont limit you to 10 turn.
Old 07-27-2004, 09:59 PM
Tech Champion

When I raced at Fantasy world a while ago the 7min heats weren't bad. I thought they were pretty fun. I'm a fan of 1/12 scale racing and race in the winter pretty often along with ym sedan, and we run for 8min. It adds a different element into the picture, you must conserve, and carry maximum corner speed to get quick/consistant lap times. I still think it's good mod is still at the standard 5min though.

-Korey
Old 07-28-2004, 01:18 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

hmmm where did i see them making the race time longer... what class was that, oh yeah... brushless! point is batteries my have all the run time, the motors are still designed to go 5mins, thats it.

oh well you guys can have fun running your long races at the summer swizzler, i will be in florida having more fun running 5min races, like they should be...

and anybody that still wants to argue that this all stemed from the fact that nitro cars get more track time, heres a tip, if you are so upset about it, get a nitro car and shutup sally.

GIT R DONE!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.