introduction thread!!

Old 08-27-2010, 07:56 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)
Default introduction thread!!

lets all introduce ourselves , we all know there has been a rash of "new users" who have been nothing but shenanigan players who want to upset our nw scene so lets have everybody who is legit get on here and introduce/reintroduce theirselves

my name is Monty Houston and i have been racing in the NW for about 13-14 yrs , i am well known and very helpful at the track .

www.houstonsengineservice.com

thanks for the sticky Tim!!

Last edited by houston; 09-01-2010 at 04:12 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 08:59 PM
Tech Initiate

My name is Matt Stinnett. I have been racing off and on when I can in the northwest for about 12 years. If you have a problem with someone personally then take it to them. Don't hide behind a computer screen and pollute a forum that is designed to premote the growth of the r.c. racing comunity. All legitimate questions should be welcome however and answered without sarcasm....Thats my two cent's for what it's worth. looking forward to seeing all of you at future events.
Old 08-27-2010, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

My name is Jason Hoby, I enjoy long walks on the beach, reading poetry, and spending time expressing my feelings. You can usually spot me at the track by DFS on my shirt and a big sh*t eating grin on my face because I love racing these toys and hanging out with my hommies!
Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Rookie

Hello my name is Andrew Mace, i have been in this hobby for a little over a year now, i got introduced into this hobby by my uncle up in Alaska. I drive a RC8T and I own a XXX-NT.

Hopefully I can race with you guys at the tracks.

Nice to meet you all.

P.S.

Nice to see you took my suggestion. Hopefully the new users won't be stuck in the situation i was in.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:05 PM
Tech Initiate

My name is James Brigance. The guys around Medford and who have hung around at RPM Hobbies(chads place)know me.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:26 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hello Everyone John Demings here. You know me as Eugenejohn or oldschooljohn on the rcsx forum. I've been into RC since I was 12 with a couple tracks under my belt, on road, offroad, been at it since the mid 90's
Currently series director for the ORCNT and grand poobah of the RCSX harrisburg facility.Hope we can get past all this negative crap and get back to the task at hand FUN FUN FUN
(oh ya, I like walks on the beach with HOBDOG)NOT
Old 08-27-2010, 10:29 PM
Tech Addict

My name is Dave Kingman... in case my nick didn't give that away. I've been playing with RC since about 1990. I raced as a kid, took a long break, and started racing again about two years ago. I'm Vice President of Broadacres RC Club and sponsored and employed by RCPlus.
Old 08-27-2010, 10:46 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Mark M

Exposed to RC in 82ish with a Mugen Bulldog AWD/AWS. I really got into it in 98 on a well-build local club track. Did a little traveling with my Kanai...loved the air at Bear Creek. Ran TRCR a little in the winters. A major injury and a few stints in other hobbies took me away for a few years, but I'm back, with my son this time!

MM

Last edited by makaluch; 01-02-2011 at 10:29 PM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:00 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Rev Murray
like r/c'n & good times
Old 08-27-2010, 11:17 PM
Tech Regular

Rookie or Ian either one gets my attention. I have been Into the hobby for about 9 years now. Ever since my brother law sold me a rustler, and said "be careful, it's fast" as I was slamming it in the curb at the parking lot we were running in.
I got into racing after my stent of mt's and bashers, lots of upgrading and learning. Finally drove me to take up my love for competition. Started running the pro series (which was my first BIG race) and was scared to death. Now days I am known as web guy for the ORCNT's. I have been very thankful this year to be able to give back, and as well help by bringing the sponsors that I spend so much talking to, into our series.

Last edited by rookie042; 08-28-2010 at 10:51 AM.
Old 08-27-2010, 11:37 PM
Tech Master

I'd tell you my name, but all you have to do is look at my signature below and you'll see it! Personally, I'd like to see everyone on this forum put their name in the signature.

Started racing offroad with my then 14 year-old son, Cory, at Hometown Hobbies/A-Main Raceway about 1996 or so. A couple of years later, he became enchanted with the young ladies...there went racing!

After watching the ROAR On-road Nats in Portland, I got the racing bug again. I race to have fun. I am a mediocre driver who will probably never have the driving skills to be thought of anything other than...well...mediocre. I just love to do it.

I am a member of Rose City Scale Racing (RSCR) and Team Timezone. During the non-rainy season I race an Xray NT1 at RCSR and Timezone Raceway Park. During the rainy season, I race on carpet, primarily at Timezone II. I race an Xray T2 '008 (rubber tire), a CRC Gen-XL 1/12th pan car and occasionaly a CRC/McKune 1/10th WGT pan car.

September 4th, I'll be leaving for Las Vegas and the International Indoor Championships (IIC). My goal is to NOT finish last in either of my classes! I hope to race well enough not to embarass myself. I'm sure those who know me will understand.

See my sig below.
Old 08-28-2010, 12:08 AM
Tech Prophet

Just too much BS lately andrew , sorry to come off like I did but as I said there is too much BS goin on . Lmk if you ever need anything
Old 08-28-2010, 01:59 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 82 (100%+)

Hello everyone jeff jenkins would like to introduce jeff jenkins because plain and simple "jeff jenkins is kind of a big deal" jeff has played with r/c since he was a little kid. he enjoys racing, jeff likes taking pictures in front fires because chicks dig guys who stand next to flames, jeff jenkins only talks about jeff jenkins in the 3rd person because thats how big of deal jeff jenkins is!!!

but seriously I am pretty known around the area and will help anyone with any questions or if help is needed . i just enjoy racing these toys and have since i was a kid . just in it to have fun. also the stuff above is an inside joke.
Old 08-28-2010, 09:01 AM
Tech Prophet

Originally Posted by jeff jenkins View Post
Hello everyone jeff jenkins would like to introduce jeff jenkins because plain and simple "jeff jenkins is kind of a big deal" jeff has played with r/c since he was a little kid. he enjoys racing, jeff likes taking pictures in front fires because chicks dig guys who stand next to flames, jeff jenkins only talks about jeff jenkins in the 3rd person because thats how big of deal jeff jenkins is!!!

but seriously I am pretty known around the area and will help anyone with any questions or if help is needed . i just enjoy racing these toys and have since i was a kid . just in it to have fun. also the stuff above is an inside joke.
monty houston thinks jeff jenkins is a good guy

btw , you should come race dirty toy cars with us

i'm the BIG deal
Old 08-28-2010, 09:35 AM
Tech Apprentice

Aeron Braukman here. I've been racing at Portland R/C Raceway for a couple weeks, after a 13 year hiatus, with my son Wyatt. I really started racing at A-main up in Vancouver back in '96-'97. Although I did have an old Kyosho 4wd buggy in the early/mid 80's that I tried to race a couple times.

I'm just enjoy the competition and R/C cars.

Have fun!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.