introduction thread!!

Old 08-30-2010, 09:29 PM
Tech Regular

Well, my name is Gary, more info in the sig line. I too agree that everyone should be required to have their name in their signature, oh well. Some people refer to me as Trailer Gary, or Game Over Gary, not sure how that one started.

Been racing with Houston since 1998, have raced darn near everything with wheels, the list of what I haven't raced is far shorter than what I have. Currently you'll find me racing indoor offroad with my 11 year old son at PRCR. see ya there.

oh, and I too enjoy long walks on the beach with Hobie and Rev, Houston has been know to join us but hasn't yet admitted to it. also, Jeff Jenkins is the shizzle, or so I hear from someone on here.
Old 08-30-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 96 (100%+)

Originally Posted by TQRC2 View Post
Well, my name is Gary, more info in the sig line. I too agree that everyone should be required to have their name in their signature, oh well. Some people refer to me as Trailer Gary, or Game Over Gary, not sure how that one started.

Been racing with Houston since 1998, have raced darn near everything with wheels, the list of what I haven't raced is far shorter than what I have. Currently you'll find me racing indoor offroad with my 11 year old son at PRCR. see ya there.

oh, and I too enjoy long walks on the beach with Hobie and Rev, Houston has been know to join us but hasn't yet admitted to it. also, Jeff Jenkins is the shizzle, or so I hear from someone on here.
you werent supposed to tell!!!! A-hole!!!

come race with us!!!
Old 08-31-2010, 08:54 AM
Regional Moderator

Hello Racers,

My name is Tim Weidemann, I have been racing RC car's since 2002. Home track is TRCR but I have traveled to almost every track in the NW.
I have been moderating this forum here at RCTECH for about 3 years and have seen many people come and go. Just remember your reputation online will carry over to the tracks you attend. I'm always willing to help someone out with whatever they need.

(nascar voice) "The Tekin powered Kyosho was really good out there with the Panter tires hooking up well. Just going to get the pit crew to give it a tune up with the Tekin HotWire and we should be good for the main's."

See you at the races.
What happens in the race is over when you walk off the drivers stand!
Old 08-31-2010, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Damon Palm - Started racing when I lived in Phoenix, AZ. Started racing dirt oval at RC Sports Mania and occasionally ran offroad at SRS in Scottsdale. Moved to Spokane in the fall of 2000 and started racing offroad at Dave's place (Spokane Indoor Raceway), Paradice, Monster Hobbies, Northwest RC (onroad and offroad), Independent RC, and always at The Hank. Been racing 2 day regional races since 2004.

Started racing 4-stroke stuff in 2005 and came out with the GT2 4-stroke conversion kit in 2009.

I'm in it for the fun - currently the SC class makes a goofy grin appear on my face!
Old 08-31-2010, 11:13 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Darren Hill - Started racing about 4 years ago with a Revo. Hated that thing. Got into 1/8th scale shortly after and love it. Wouldnt give racing up for much of anything. Have had the opportunity to meet a lot of good guys and a lot of not so good guys, and guys who just make complete fools of themselves. Which we find pretty humorous. There are guys who go out of their way to help folks out - Monty is one of them. Then there are guys who go out of their way to make a mockery of others, mostly in the forums, and rarely in person. Sort of sad when 99% of the folks on the forums are here for the collective support of the hobby and others and then there are a couple bad weeds.

Anyways, thanks Monty for all your help and the help you provide others.
Old 08-31-2010, 12:33 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Hello Racers. Derek Lovenstein is my name but most people figure out something else they like to call me. Love to play in the dirt with toy cars and help others to get their play on. Started racing in the mid '80's at Aero Hobbies, became addicted to racing the first night, I blame Mark Taylor, thanks man. Thanks so much to Dwayne Sr., Dwayne Jr. and Tammie's Hobbies along with Mike Ellis for helping me so much back in the day, and helping me again now, plus letting me help them out at Washington County Fair Grounds track where we had great, freezing cold racing back in the day. I had a long break from RC and only returned last year, Kevin Focht takes the heat for that, thanks bro. Big props to Jim Dunlap and Joe Pillars for opening PRCR, a great track and hobby store in my neighborhood, and to his family for working so hard and helping to make it fun and friendly for everyone and putting up with me. It has been so awesome to see all my old RC friends and to make lots of new ones. Let's get dirty!!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:45 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 23 (100%+)

I am the real slim shady... ok maybe not, but my name is Paul Mischke. If you don't know me then don't try to say my last name because odds are you will say it wrong. I started racing back in 97 at the old A Main when Monty owned it, got out because I was a poor kid, and got back in a couple years ago. I race at Dave's in the summer and PRCR in the winter. Married, 2 kids, full time student. Always being a smart-a$$ as well. I'll race pretty much any off road class, but on road isn't for me. Also enjoy making fun of people who enjoy long walks on the beach
Old 08-31-2010, 12:46 PM
Team Tekin

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Jeremy Potter- Got my first RC car 9 years ago (AE B3 Buggy), ran at the local indoor track for about a year, never raced tho.(Spokane Indoor Raceway) Got back into the hobby and started racing summer of 2008, been at it ever since, racing all across the country. For now I am an electric guy only...

Thanks to everyone and all my sponsors who have helped me along the way!
Old 08-31-2010, 12:55 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

Justin Wilde- Spent a year or so back in the late 80's racing a gold tub RC10 with my grandpa and then took a near 20 year hiatus but decided to give it a shot again in 2006, been busy and broke ever since. From the southeastern portion of Washington state and have been trying to help keep the RC program going in the Tri-Cities. I try most of the time to be a pretty decent guy, a time or two things get tense on the stand, but there are no pictures so it didnt happen But like Tim said it all goes away once you hit that last step of the drivers stand on the way down. I am an electric only guy and pretty much a 1/10 only guy, outdoor mostly, but i do enjoy indoor clay, too bad they are all 4hrs away.
See ya at the track
Old 08-31-2010, 01:36 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 5 (100%+)

Darren Pollard- I stared racing back in the early 90s. Raced for a couple of years then took a break and came back about 4 years ago. I raced off road for 3 years and it about ran me out of the sport til I went to check out on road. I have been on carpet and asphalt about a year and getting ready to go to my first big race in Vegas. I have met a lot of great people over the last 4 years and that is what keeps this sport going.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:05 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Jaromy Smallwood here. Name has been in my sig since day one. Been racing for almost a year now.
Old 08-31-2010, 02:38 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

My name is Jesse Munn. I started with RC long ago when I was a little kid and started racing competitively in the winter of 2007 at Mike's RC World in Bellingham, WA.

I am generally considered a better outdoor driver than indoor, but am trying to change that this winter.

I started out with crap equipment and have even used a Craftsman 5/8 socket as a battery spacer/weight for a whole indoor series! Now, my equipment is continually getting better and I am lucky enough to have some great sponsors who really help me out in Venom, Tekin and JConcepts.

Having a wife and 3 kids makes practice almost non-existant but I wouldn't trade my family life for anything. I get to go to most of the races I feel are important, hang out with all my RC buddies and go home to a loving family.
Old 08-31-2010, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hello every one. My name is Justin Gilkison as written on my signature. I have been racing since 1995. My first rc was an RC10ST any one remember that one? I took 3 years off to join the Army to see what the world was like. I came back and now I live in Sultan, Washington. Looking forward to seeing all the new faces on the E.C.T. tour and having a blast up at Mikes R/C World this winter.

Last edited by jwg191; 09-01-2010 at 01:04 AM.
Old 08-31-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 25 (100%+)

Hello, my name is Eyria Eatmon A.K.A. DOUBLE E

I have a problem and it's called RC's and RC Tech....
Been racing for 3 years. Started out with a Duratrax Evader ST and BX. Graduated to the Red Army full Offroad line up (thanks Exterminator).

Go on the tone in less than 5!
Old 09-01-2010, 09:59 AM
Tech Rookie

Ricknoff I'm new seems like a bad time to jump in..

Rick N Offenhouser

I'm mid 30's and kind tall and fat what more would you like I'll be the guy with big round eye's that looks lost. and no I've never raced before! I did watch at the Herisburg 4th event .

my bro sold all his nitro and other stuff to me so here I am I've never ran this stuff other then the school and street but it's awesome .
this isen't the cox plain with string I had to many years ago .

I'm just a dude with new to me toys.

Last edited by ricknoff; 09-01-2010 at 11:21 AM.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright 2018 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.