Sponsored by:
Go Back   R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers

Old 08-28-2010, 09:54 AM   #16
Tech Prophet

R/C Tech Elite Subscriber

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by aeronb View Post
Aeron Braukman here. I've been racing at Portland R/C Raceway for a couple weeks, after a 13 year hiatus, with my son Wyatt. I really started racing at A-main up in Vancouver back in '96-'97. Although I did have an old Kyosho 4wd buggy in the early/mid 80's that I tried to race a couple times.

I'm just enjoy the competition and R/C cars.

Have fun!
welcome back Aeron

rc cars are cool
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 11:40 AM   #17
Tech Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by houston View Post
Just too much BS lately andrew , sorry to come off like I did but as I said there is too much BS goin on . Lmk if you ever need anything
It's all good, no hard feelings.

The one thing I was confused about though is the fact that I was being pretty friendly with another member of this site and you step in and started accusing me of people someone else when I did nothing wrong. Yes I understand that you are having some troubles with new users, but that doesn't mean that all the new users are the same.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned because what if I wasn't so forgiving. You may have lost some newer racers that would like to race at the tracks you may have or not helped build, but who knows maybe that doesn't mean anything to you.

Nice to meet you btw.
Mach10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:17 PM   #18
Tech Initiate

Talking anger is never the answere

Hello Aaron Danton here. I picked berries the whole summer in 1985 to buy a Tamiya Frog went to Aerosports in portland and bought a blackfoot. A few years later I bought a falcon. Been in and out of it ever since. I am selling my kyosho 777 to change up and go electric 1/8 scale. 5 years ago I was finishing up a qualifier for a race two guys were standing behind me for the last minute of it. I finished up got my car to pit lane turned around and went the easiest way next thing I know one of these guys is yelling at me and pushing my shoulder telling me I cut him off from the place I was in. Then a big guy walks up behind him and says hay this is suppose to be fun. The big guy turned out to be Monty Houston thnx monty. People seem to loose perspective its a hobby we all chose for fun no matter what level.
Hawaiiantime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 01:46 PM   #19
Tech Prophet

Trader Rating: 91 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mach10 View Post
It's all good, no hard feelings.

The one thing I was confused about though is the fact that I was being pretty friendly with another member of this site and you step in and started accusing me of people someone else when I did nothing wrong. Yes I understand that you are having some troubles with new users, but that doesn't mean that all the new users are the same.

Hopefully this is a lesson learned because what if I wasn't so forgiving. You may have lost some newer racers that would like to race at the tracks you may have or not helped build, but who knows maybe that doesn't mean anything to you.

Nice to meet you btw.
hmmmm , couldnt be farther from the truth still on the fence
TEAM FUSION X ENGINES /RC-OMG USA/ TEAM BYRON ORIGINALS / TEAM PROLINE RACING TIRES / TEAM SICK GRAPHICS /TEAM KYOSHO / things I support: COMP HEAT DEALER /TEAM LUNSFORD/ FUSIONX™ USA / TEAM KYOSHO / "H.E.S."™ / BYRON FUELS / RC-OMGUSA/KICWEBDESIGNZ/AKA TIRES/PROLINE RACING TIRES /RAYA RACING/BUKU POWER CLUTCH/M2CRACING/special thanks to STAV and JIM HOTTIGREENMOUNTAINGRILLS.COM
houston is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 04:06 PM   #20
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hawaiiantime View Post
...5 years ago I was finishing up a qualifier for a race two guys were standing behind me for the last minute of it. I finished up got my car to pit lane turned around and went the easiest way next thing I know one of these guys is yelling at me and pushing my shoulder telling me I cut him off from the place I was in. Then a big guy walks up behind him and says hay this is suppose to be fun. The big guy turned out to be Monty Houston thnx monty. People seem to loose perspective its a hobby we all chose for fun no matter what level.
Great story! Keep em comin'!

This is the stuff that makes the NW such a great RC family. I'm proud to be a NW RC guy. We may have our issues but, I gotta tell ya, the good outweighs the bad... by far. Would we not come together if someone 'outside of the family' said that the NW was full of zero-talent drivers and garbage tracks? Of course we would! Let's keep it positive, fun, and respectful fellas.

How about introduce yourself with a story about how someone helped you at the track? That'd be kinda cool. I have a handful of stories and names of some great guys that've helped me out.

Last edited by makaluch; 08-28-2010 at 04:48 PM.
makaluch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2010, 10:25 PM   #21
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Hi
Im Zach Nichols
I work at 4 seasons
Been playing with rc car for 5 years, flying rc planes for 7 years, and helies on and off for a few years. Iv had boats here and there, basically, if its rc, ive had it! Lol! Ive even dabbled into the battlebots!
Chances are if you race at trcr or 4 seasons, youve seen my artwork, as i paint alot of bodies!!
Everyone seems to think im a friendly guy. Which i can agree too!
Electric Race days Thursday at 7pm and Saturday at 2pm
Like us on FACEBOOK, https://www.facebook.com/fourseasonsrcracing
Zach@4SEASONS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 02:59 PM   #22
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default My name is Slim Shady

Wazzzzzzup.... So I'm Bubba aka Bubba's BBQ aka Dave Mempa. As in my screen name. I race mostly at EGTC and have ran at J & S on occasion. I am trying to broaden my horizons and visit more NW tracks.

My girlfriend and I are looking for a fun friendly place to race SC Trucks indoors this winter that won't interfere with the schedule at Hanger 30 as we will be running carpet there also.

If you ever make it up to EGTC make sure you come by the BBQ tent and say Wazzzzzzzzup!
|-----------------------------------------------|~~|---------27|
/-O-O-O--- O-|_______________ \I_______||O-O\ /O\ {=}== /O\
mempa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:28 PM   #23
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 15 (100%+)

My name is Steve Williams. Most call me STU cuz I hang with Stephen Salas and they call him Stevo. Plus my username. lol. Been racing since 1998. Worked at 2 different shops, owned one myself and ran tracks in Roseburg and Sutherlin with Matt S. I am quiet at the track but always willing to answer questions if asked.

Hobby Pro USA, Maclan, Casterracingparts , RADIOPOST, Vp-Pro USA
stu541 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 04:57 PM   #24
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Mark Rodrigues, I live in the Bothell Area and normally race at area 52. I have been up to j+s and mikes but no where else.

Im also running the short course shootout at area 52.

Been in rc when i was around 12, left it for a while and came back about a year and a half ago. looking to try out the etc this year and hopefully some indoor tracks.
Moogumby is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 06:37 PM   #25
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 211 (100%+)

My name is Jon Frank. I am great at inadvertently offending people on the boards and scaring them at the track and for both I apologize. I am working on it.

I was born and raised in Snohomish County. Got my first RC when I was 6 which was a Nikko something. I joined the Army when I was 19 back in 2001 and got a Duratrax Evader as a present from my sister in 2003. Shortly after I got shipped off to Iraq which would be my home for 23 of the following 33 months. Got back into RC in May 2008 and then was informed by the Army that 7 years into my career complications from my 2nd tour made me ineligible to continue leading soldiers so I was medically separated.
I am now a full time college student and just graduated with an Associates Degree in Business Admin from SPSCC and have been accepted to the Milgard School of Business at the UW for the fall.

I buy and sell new and used RC cars to fund my hobby because 60% military disability and veterans education benefits don't exactly provide enough money to buy the latest gear so I get by with what I can while trying to support a wife and 11 month old son, Taylor Quinn (TQ!)
I just started racing at TRCR a few weeks ago after moving farther away from 4Seasons and have met some real good people there. I'll be splitting my time between Tacoma and Bremerton now that the new clay is in. See ya in the pits!
Neu_Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 07:42 PM   #26
Tech Initiate

My name is Bob Simpson and i just started driving and racing 1/8 scale rc this year(Feb)...I live in beaverton or and i'm always looking for other guys with a good mind set to race and bull*@#$ with about the sport......I have a losi 2.0 with a werks B6
nuway1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2010, 09:01 PM   #27
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

My name is Mike and I race toy cars with toy electric motors on toy paved surfaces.