Community
Wiki Posts
Search

NWIC 2010/11

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2011, 08:22 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Thanks again for an awsome race weekend at TZ II. Every race at TZ II is always 100% top notch from the great food to the great TZ crew. If you missed this race you missed out. Even though the turn out was low, the level of racing was at its best by everybody that raced this weekend from the clean driving to the tight close quals and mains. The track layout was fast & fun if you made the 'ejecter' chichane.

I cant wait for Nat's.

P.S. It was not the same NWIC race without the Troy & Joey show. Is there going to be a double or nothing at Nat's?
Old 02-27-2011, 09:19 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dpatterson26
Just wanted to say thanks to the TimeZone Crew. Once again a job well done. I would honestly have to say its one of the best layouts I have ran up there. Good job Troy!! Got a lot of good practice in for Nats......to bad not a lot of guys took advantage of it.
Sure am glad we have the talent that we do up here the NW because it definatley makes us all strive to get faster every run. I can't wait till Nats to see what pans out and hopefully we all represent well.

great job devin..what speedo do you have in your WGT?
could you pm back with your set up..thanks franko
Old 02-28-2011, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Good Morning guys: Just want to also say thanks to all who attended, the drive on Friday for some was pretty sketchy and we really appriceate those who stuck it out and supported this race. Attendance way down but competition was insane, like Devin and Tim said we got some talent up here and a core group of guys working their butt's off getting ready for the nat's

Placing some big orders this week to stock up the shop, and big push towards the Nat's.

Thanks again guy's... at 3 gallons of propane an hour on the COLDEST WEEKEND of the year, and the awards and food. I REALLY thank those who came out and raced.....

It was a Great weekend.......
Attached Files
File Type: txt
Round1.txt (52.6 KB, 69 views)
Round2.txt (52.5 KB, 77 views)
Round3.txt (51.7 KB, 66 views)
Round4.txt (51.7 KB, 62 views)
Round5.txt (104.0 KB, 100 views)
Old 02-28-2011, 08:07 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Foof what a weekend! Interesting drive down thanks to two large trucks. lol We made it though and thats all that mattered right Jake?!?! Good day of testing Friday topped with a great meal at the Brewery... Yuuummmm..... Big thanks to the TZ crew for holding a solid race. Every class people were pushing each other and getting faster and faster. Nats is going to be a blast and look forward to seeing a bunch of the NW guys giving every one a run for there money. Layout... Well... Its as Todd Mason would say, Super Sh!t Hot Dialed! Thanks Troy!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Here are the points through round 5.

For best 3 of 6 here is how it looks for round 6 and how it stands for the championship. All have been decided except for Open Touring.

Stock Touring - Tim Getchell 1st. Devin will finish 2nd. For the final podium spot it looks like Aaron, Shook, Jake and Leighton all have a chance

Open Touring - Kody is not safe. Darren can win it if he finishes 2 points a head of Kody in round 6. For 3rd the rest of the drivers back to 11th still have a chance at the last podium spot with several still a shot at 2nd.

Stock 12th - Dave Ehrilich 1st. It looks like Brian, Darren, Steve, Tom and yes even Tilley have a shot at 2nd with the rest of the drivers back to 11th still with a shot at 3rd

WGT - Dave Ehrlich 1st. Devin, Brian, Doug, Tom and Steve all have a shot at 2nd with the drivers back to 11th with a shot at 3rd

As a side note had the series been best 4 of 6 everything would have stayed the same for the top spot except Open Touring which would have 4 people still in it for the championship

2010-2011 NWIC Rd 5 detailed recap.pdf

2010-2011 NWIC Rd 5 recap.pdf

Last edited by mkdut; 02-28-2011 at 10:28 AM.
Old 02-28-2011, 10:08 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Mkdut You got a PM im missing a race. And thanks for putting up the points so fast!!! good work!!!

Super fun weekend. Sorry we had to leave early... The TZ crew is TOP notch all the way
Old 02-28-2011, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

there was some close drivin in the mains! awesome!
Old 02-28-2011, 10:28 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Mr.A Morris
Mkdut You got a PM im missing a race. And thanks for putting up the points so fast!!! good work!!!

Super fun weekend. Sorry we had to leave early... The TZ crew is TOP notch all the way
fixed it
Old 02-28-2011, 10:33 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Fun weekend of racing. Thanks to the TZ crew for another Great Event!!! Thanks to Mark's family for preparing lunch both days.

Looking forward to Nats....
Attached Thumbnails NWIC 2010/11-nwic-006.jpg   NWIC 2010/11-wgt.jpg   NWIC 2010/11-17.5-tc.jpg   NWIC 2010/11-mod-tc.jpg  
Old 02-28-2011, 10:35 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Page 69!!!

Glad it sounds like it was a great weekend. Sorry we ended up not being able to make it. So much going on right now! Hope to see everyone at nats, just found out I'm going to the Cactus Classic the week before though
Old 02-28-2011, 10:50 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by MAD916
Good Morning guys: Just want to also say thanks to all who attended, the drive on Friday for some was pretty sketchy and we really appriceate those who stuck it out and supported this race. Attendance way down but competition was insane, like Devin and Tim said we got some talent up here and a core group of guys working their butt's off getting ready for the nat's

Placing some big orders this week to stock up the shop, and big push towards the Nat's.

Thanks again guy's... at 3 gallons of propane an hour on the COLDEST WEEKEND of the year, and the awards and food. I REALLY thank those who came out and raced.....

It was a Great weekend.......
Mark I'm hearing that some of the results posted might not be accurate as far as the tie breakers go. If you have a chance send me a PM or post any changes that may have happened
Old 02-28-2011, 11:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Wow. I am starting to feel good about RC again. It seems it's been a winter long slump since that little Vegas giggle. I decided that I was going to do the Hanger Wed night, then reload in the morning for a road trip for 4 days at the world famous Timezone 2 mecca while braving the blizzards. The drive down was a bit interesting and kept me wide awake. On the way down, several of my residents called claiming the building was on fire. Turns out that a wet load in the dryers make for a lot of steam on a cold winter morning. The joys of management.

TZ2 is such an awesome place filled with great people and enjoyed by all. Thanks to Mark for opening your passion and dreams to all of us.

Yea, there was this weird knee jerk reaction to the upcoming nats that I suspect kept a few away. Attendance was down. For those that are going to make nats and didn't make it, I hope that you will be up to speed when the time comes. Never the less, we had some full "on" racing. Devin looked rather sharp all weekend and eventually found two pole positions. I didn't think that Devin was going to beat Dave at WGT in his house, but I was wrong. I didn't think that I was going to get up to speed, but I was pleasantly surprised too. I have a long ways to go, but after 4 days of track time, I feel like I am on the road to recovery.

Kody looked super sharp in Mod TC. His speed, cornering, brake zone control, car position, everything looked really good. He should have an impressive nats.

Tim really improved his mod tc skills through the weekend. Going from looking pretty shaky to looking pretty good.

Dave re-entered the mod tc arena after a winter long brake looking like he never left it. Dave had a big weekend; 3 classes and substantial mic time. No doubt he deserves the "Iron Man" award. While everyone was perfecting their set ups, Dave just got to charge packs and apply sauce. When Dave did get to make a few set up changes, his laps were untouchable.

I need to thank Mark again for letting me slum some shelf space in the hobby shop for some of the new Slapmaster products. Mark's a great guy! I am bringing in a limited line of Avid Bearings under the Slapmaster banner. They are lightly oiled and racy right out of the wrapper. Best of all, they are nicely priced. Since this is a new product for me, please do not be shy, send me any feedback you like via PM or email. I will be placing another order shortly which will include 5x9x3 in half rubber/steel shields. Thanks again for your support!

I also want to send props to Troy McKune for the race lay out but mostly for the WGT parts. I am going to say that there was at least one McKune part on car in the A Main. That's pretty cool.

That was a great weekend and well worth the effort. Great sportsmanship through out. And even better hosts!

Brian
Old 02-28-2011, 12:11 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Thanks for the props Brian.....Honestly I always dreamed of running with you and Dave. You had also mentioned that just about every car had a McKune part on it but my car is a McKune chassis. Good job Troy!!!
Old 02-28-2011, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Kody, what trucks ? I couldn't see anything , is that why we ended up in the shoulder, hmmm... was that the shoulder ??? yeah, we got there ! Thanks for driving.

Thanks to Mark and the whole TZ family for putting on such a great event. Looking forward to the Nats and the rest of the country seeing what you have done for the NW. Kudos.
btw, The lasagna was a great choice for lunch.

Had a bunch of fun racing door to door with Brian Shook, Mike Pease ( when his car wasn't traction rolling ), and Mark Day. Having a nice respectful close race with ya'll is all i'm after when we hit the track, win lose or draw !

Loved the technical Troy ! and thanks to Mike Dutemple for the points tabulation. Sad you weren't out there racing with us.

Cheers to everyone that made it ! Sorry to those that couldn't.

Jake
Old 02-28-2011, 01:56 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I didn't make it, everyone can stop feeling sorry for me.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.