Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Stolen Trucks

Search this Thread

Old 06-02-2010, 09:14 PM
Tech Legend

Default TEAM LUNCH TABLE TIME

I only pray for those who stole my gear from me...

Better than hunting um down , killing um and end up burning in hell for eternity....
Old 06-02-2010, 09:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
Thanks!!

by the way good run at the reedy!!
thanks
Old 06-02-2010, 11:02 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 26 (100%+)

Originally Posted by JSM Racing
I have to agree. Now I made the mistake of posting a threat to the person that stole my stuff, which totals out to be around 3,300 bucks.

This guy that stole my stuff is looking at a charge of Theft in the 1st degree (Felony) and Malicious Mischief (Gross Misdemeanor).

Actually, if the aggregated value of your stolen R/C property was $3,300.00, the thief would be looking at a charge of Theft in the Second Degree. Under RCW 9a.56.040, a person is guilty of theft in the second degree if he or she commits theft of property or services which exceed(s) seven hundred fifty dollars in value but does not exceed five thousand dollars in value. For it to be a First Degree offense, the valuation would have to be greater than $5,000.00.

Assuming you were referring to the Malicious Mischief charge in relation to the breaking of your car window/damage to your car, the same valuation amounts would apply for the determination of the degree of the property crime. If the damage was less than $750 for this, then it would be a charge of Malicious Mischief in the Third Degree, which is indeed a gross misdemeanor. However, if it amounted to over $750, but less than $5,000, it would be considered Malicious Mischief in the Second Degree, which would be a felony.

At any rate, I do hope you get your property back and that whoever was responsible for stealing it is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Interestingly enough, according to the Washington State Sentencing Guidelines, Theft in the 2nd Degree is as serious a crime as Unlawful Trafficking or Unlawful Use of Food Stamps (Level I Seriousness -- which depending on the person's record, carries a penalty of anywhere from 0 days to ~2years in prison.)
Old 06-04-2010, 01:56 PM
Tech Initiate

Originally Posted by encore75
Actually, if the aggregated value of your stolen R/C property was $3,300.00, the thief would be looking at a charge of Theft in the Second Degree. Under RCW 9a.56.040, a person is guilty of theft in the second degree if he or she commits theft of property or services which exceed(s) seven hundred fifty dollars in value but does not exceed five thousand dollars in value. For it to be a First Degree offense, the valuation would have to be greater than $5,000.00.

Assuming you were referring to the Malicious Mischief charge in relation to the breaking of your car window/damage to your car, the same valuation amounts would apply for the determination of the degree of the property crime. If the damage was less than $750 for this, then it would be a charge of Malicious Mischief in the Third Degree, which is indeed a gross misdemeanor. However, if it amounted to over $750, but less than $5,000, it would be considered Malicious Mischief in the Second Degree, which would be a felony.

At any rate, I do hope you get your property back and that whoever was responsible for stealing it is caught and prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Interestingly enough, according to the Washington State Sentencing Guidelines, Theft in the 2nd Degree is as serious a crime as Unlawful Trafficking or Unlawful Use of Food Stamps (Level I Seriousness -- which depending on the person's record, carries a penalty of anywhere from 0 days to ~2years in prison.)
Fair Enoug........I was just stating what the police officer that i filed my police report with told me. You maybe right. And I should probly get my facts straight before i go post stuff like this. At any rate, the person that stole my gear is still in a lot of trouble when and if he ever is caught. Thanks for the update.
Old 06-04-2010, 07:41 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

All this stealing these days sucks.

I had my metro broken into. They some how unlocked the passenger door, stole my alpine stereo, iPod, and random CD's and such items. I was in california shaking down my car for Reedy Race at Speedworld. Car was parked for the night in a nice Sacramento Suburb Neighborhood with Bentleys and Austin Martins cruising around.

Thank god I had all my RC Stuff in the house. Insurance did not cover anything on my stereo. That was a christmas present too! My awesome family pitched in for a new stereo for my trip to Reedy Race. I took the whole thing out of the car in that neighbor hood the next time.

Hope you find the thieves. People these days. No Good!
Old 06-04-2010, 08:00 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by Marcos.J
I dont know if it matters to you but I was a Police Officer in Florida for 7 years also prior to that I was a MP for 1 1/2 years in the U.S.Marines (3year tour) so Im a little aware what type of force can be used for someone stealing something

someone steals my RC stuff / yes I will be upset, will i threaten that person with great bodily harm??? no. Do i have expirience dealing with those situations?? yes.

are there a bunch of keyboard commandos in this site?? Absolutely.
I see the original author removed the threat from his original post. Any way you can remove the quote you posted to remove the threat permenantly?