Wiki Posts
Search

Northwest Model Expo

Search this Thread

Old 10-11-2004, 11:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Thumbs up Like day & night

A day race and a night race........Don't have to dream too much, just make it work so anyone can compete, even in both if they want to.
Old 10-12-2004, 05:57 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Re: Like day & night

Originally posted by Silver Cup
A day race and a night race........Don't have to dream too much, just make it work so anyone can compete, even in both if they want to.
They're not going to like this
Old 10-12-2004, 06:07 AM

well, the indoor race is held in a building at the north end of the fair gounds, the place i was talking about setting up the outdoor lot would be over 100yds aways and i think that should be far enough, another way to do it would be to run the normal 5 minute heats and stager the start times so that there is a 5 minute delay between heats, or we could just cover the indoor building in tin foil
Old 10-12-2004, 06:51 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally posted by ritchie
well, the indoor race is held in a building at the north end of the fair gounds, the place i was talking about setting up the outdoor lot would be over 100yds aways and i think that should be far enough, another way to do it would be to run the normal 5 minute heats and stager the start times so that there is a 5 minute delay between heats, or we could just cover the indoor building in tin foil
Richie give it up
Old 10-12-2004, 07:52 AM
Tech Fanatic

They going to have an off road race?
Old 10-12-2004, 08:11 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

It will be interesting if anything happens. Just to point out a few things-the racing part of it is VERY small in the big picture-for the past sponsors. It costs a LOT of money to run that thing and getting exhibitors to pay for their spaces and getting enough people there to make ends meet. In the past all the guys running it were all volunteers from a club. They lost money. The exhibits declined quite a bit in the last few years. Yes, they may have been able to do things differently, but who knows. it was a lot of work for everyone.
For racers it's very big-and how and IF the new folks allow racing will be interesting.

I know Dave wanted to do outdoor last year-was something that was discussed-would have to be thoroughly tested as far as conflicts of frequency and all. It's a lot of work and if there are problems, it gets to be more of a headache for all of us trying to make it work. It MAY work tho.

Also, remember IF this happens, it is not a $$ maker for me. It takes away from my business-sales etc. I basically shut down and lose income. Plus, hauling all the carpet, and setting up is a lot of work-but we do love it. That's why it's so much fun to have the biggest "little" race in the NW.

It may be good for Dave and his outdoor program-it is down his way and that's good for him. The whole weekend doesn't bring in new folks for me-but does provide a great weekend for the racers from all over.

So we shall see. BTW, they usually shut down at 5... security reason, lots of stuff left there overnight and don't want any thing missing.

And not sure about the layout-but there is usually a gun show that weekend on the other grounds. And that brings A LOT of security and people.
I'll post if I hear from anyone official-as I am sure Dave will too. We do have our schedule set for now-with the point series and rcplus is having a 2 day race 2 weeks after that weekend. So, schedules are set a year in advance by the Puyallup-so I wouldn't go by what's on that calendar.

Originally it was outdoors, no off road that i know of-but because of the weather it moved indoors and has been there ever since. So, time will tell-I know a lot of racers are disappointed about not having it this year. I always enjoy it-but remember it always about us. unfortunately.
Old 10-12-2004, 09:02 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Talking Like day & night

Originally posted by OVA
They're not going to like this

I know it wouldn't happen but I got you OVA...
Old 10-12-2004, 01:38 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Default Re: Like day & night

Originally posted by Silver Cup

I know it wouldn't happen but I got you OVA...
very funny
Old 10-13-2004, 12:21 PM
Tech Elite

When I was younger, it was an offoad race....they had it under one of the covered areas (open sides, just a roof)....it was a fun race, I got 2nd in 2wd stock the last time I raced it (90 I think)....

Would be cool if they could do offroad again, along with an onroad race....

As for the frequency thing, just split them up....70 and up for one race and 69 and below for the other....

Later EddieO
Old 10-22-2004, 03:37 PM
Tech Adept

ahhh, good times...

i think i raced the first annual or was it the second; i can't remember. i cant remember if i won all my classes or was it just one. oh well, that race was good for everyone - good exposure for the hobby....

good times.

rovic
Old 10-22-2004, 05:32 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally posted by rovic
ahhh, good times...

i think i raced the first annual or was it the second; i can't remember. i cant remember if i won all my classes or was it just one. oh well, that race was good for everyone - good exposure for the hobby....

good times.

rovic
Hey rovic
long time no hear. How's racing down in Cali???? Are you doing anything different this year racing?? I'm thinking about coming down to the Tamiya Nat'l in 2005. Jose is doing pretty good, better and faster. Catch you later.
Old 10-22-2004, 08:40 PM
Tech Adept

actually its arizona, racing is good... i do as much as the family/school/work will allow... thinking about retiring, you know buy an gas 1/8 and monster trucks...

you should think about the reedy/19t = no presure and all fun, ill be there if i get in... love that track...

if i can ill try to make a race in wa next year, maybe... been missing the go-cart racing...

rovic
Old 10-23-2004, 10:41 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Originally posted by rovic
actually its arizona, racing is good... i do as much as the family/school/work will allow... thinking about retiring, you know buy an gas 1/8 and monster trucks...

you should think about the reedy/19t = no presure and all fun, ill be there if i get in... love that track...

if i can ill try to make a race in wa next year, maybe... been missing the go-cart racing...

rovic
!/8 scale gas Hmmmm Not off hand ,but I'll ask around for ya
tell me more about the 1/8 gas.

Reedy 19 soundd like fun...No Pressure how that?

Do you own a go cart?
Old 11-19-2004, 08:33 PM
FWR
Tech Addict

From an Add on Page 331 of RC Car Action.

The Northwest Hobby Expo
Western Washington State Fairgrounds
Feb 4th, 5th, 6th
Fri 12-6, Sat 9-5, Sun 9-3

http://www.nwhobbyexpo.com/
Old 11-22-2004, 11:15 AM
Tech Master

Yep, he's right. The expo is a go. It's been taken over by a professional group of people. I got a call from one of the main guys and they want us to put on a race as we have in the past.

Looks like it will be pretty good, with lots of advertising and promotions.

I know that Dave/Fantasy and another person wants to do an outdoor/gas/dirt?/asphalt?? and he's working on that-to make sure that there won't be any frequency problems, etc.
Of course with the new Spectrums coming out-it may not be a problem!
Let me know if you want one.

yehaw. I have a few things to work out. Mainly, who would like to attend?
I know that it's not a planned race-I didn't think it was going to happen either-there are other races planned-Snowbirds and Ron's point series so it may not be attended by many.
I also need to know how many can help set up and take down-help with transportation of the carpets etc.

It's a fun race and with the possibility of better promotions-it might be a great thing for the Northwest to give it another shot.

Let me know what you think. The guy would really like to help promote the RC Car/truck industry and this may be a good start.
check out the new website, I know it's being redone all the time.

http://www.nwhobbyexpo.com/
deb

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.