Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Rose City

Search this Thread

Old 05-03-2004, 05:22 PM
Tech Master

Default Re: FW turnout

yes they do have a great thing going up at FW. it's cheap to race, lad back-low stress program and the number one reason for the great turn outs. they race were there is a large volume of traffic thus they get the people coming by asking about this cool fast little toys and they point them across the street to hobbie store. bingo!!!!!!!!!!!! another one on the hook.
Hope the weather man is wrong about Saturday, will be there with the pan, still awaiting on engine parts for the nitro.
Old 05-03-2004, 10:08 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally posted by olucky
it's BRETT, although he's pretty used to brent by now...
You know, I call him Brett, but always write Brent, don't know why, maybe because of all the results we always put him as Brent.....
Old 05-03-2004, 11:17 PM
Suspended

Trader Rating: 11 (100%+)

any pan cars gonna be at the OC race this weekend. I just got a RC10L2 and it's a blast to drive...so quiet too
Old 05-04-2004, 07:22 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default Pan

I'll be there if the weather is good.
Old 05-04-2004, 07:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 20 (100%+)

I'm going to be there with my sedan. Per a conversation with Larry, he's going to extend a special offer to out-of-towners, or first time RCSR racers - $5 entry fee for all electric classes, $8 for nitro.

The normal, non-member rates are $8 for electric, and $15 for nitro. Not too shabby. Larry is going to rent an extra generator, so those of you that need power, bring an extension cord and a power strip.

I think we've got a good thing going here, lets not let it go to waste. Even if you THINK that there won't be enough racers showing to make a class, bring out your stuff. It's that assumption that keeps racers home. If there aren't enough drivers to make up a class you're interested in, I'm sure you could run with another class just to lay down some laps using the AMB system.
I'll be out bright and early to help with track setup and stuff.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:36 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 44 (100%+)
Default OC

Generator..... Sweet. That is the biggest drawback to racing lectric at rose city, no power. I just drove 4 hours to race onroad up at tacoma and while its a nice track with a huge turnout I'd rather stay local. I'm looking foward to getting rose citys electric turnout increased and will try and make as many races as possible. I'll be there saturday with my work gloves bright and early.

Last edited by tomdav; 05-04-2004 at 04:50 PM.
Old 05-04-2004, 02:54 PM
Tech Elite

Thanks guys for your support and willing to come early and help with track setup.... we love people that show early and help track setup and stay for tear down. I understand some of you guys might not be member and not obligated to do track setup/teardown, but it's a great thing for you guys to help out! Much appreciated!

And for those who just show up late, to race and leave early.... we normally put a 5 lap penalty on your qualifiers!

I know that power source was a problem and it's been a long time since RCSR ran any electric classes so we'll try to accomadate electric racers as much as possble. Let's have some fun this weekend and definitely come to me or Larry during the day to let us know what can be improved on.

Dom
Old 05-04-2004, 03:05 PM
Tech Elite

For anyone interested, I'll have an extra Yokomo SD SSG that will be available for sale next week. I've got two, wanted to buy another to have around if a club member was interested. I'll let it go cheap, and will throw in some extras. I could probably come up with an enticing deal with a new stock motor and Cyclone C2 speed control.
Old 05-04-2004, 03:21 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by Sorcerer001
For anyone interested, I'll have an extra Yokomo SD SSG that will be available for sale next week. I've got two, wanted to buy another to have around if a club member was interested. I'll let it go cheap, and will throw in some extras. I could probably come up with an enticing deal with a new stock motor and Cyclone C2 speed control.
Yeah, keep in mind too we'll have new racers and high school students there that day possibly w/ $$$ in their pocket looking for stuff.... So, everyone bring their used stuff for possilble sales.
Old 05-04-2004, 04:13 PM
Tech Adept

Hey Dom,
Smitty callin. You still have a decent 1/8th scale following? Might make the trek this weekend with all the kids in tow. Kelsey and I in 1/8th and the rookies in sedan.
Where is the track located again?
Take care,
SMitty
Old 05-04-2004, 04:17 PM
Tech Adept

Sorcerer001rc,
Interested in a trade? I have an OFNA LD3 RTR, about 2 months old that I got for the youngsters. I think Electric would be easier for them. Let me know,
Smitty
Old 05-04-2004, 04:30 PM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by smitty
Hey Dom,
Smitty callin. You still have a decent 1/8th scale following? Might make the trek this weekend with all the kids in tow. Kelsey and I in 1/8th and the rookies in sedan.
Where is the track located again?
Take care,
SMitty
Hey Smitty, long time no talk. yeah, we still have a decent crowd for 1/8th scale. But I think chasing after Jim, Wes and Gary (Culp) is a handful as it is....It'll be awesome if Kelsey and you come down.... haven't seen you guys since Rose Cup last year. It's always a treat to see Kelsey drives! Rookies, huh? Becoming a R/C family certainly!

Here's the address:

Oregon City High School
19761 S. Beavercreek Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045

It's off of I-205 after Clackamas, personally I've never been there but that's what Larry'd told me.
Old 05-04-2004, 10:14 PM
Tech Master

Oregon City High School
19761 S. Beavercreek Rd.
Oregon City, OR 97045

It's off of I-205 after Clackamas, directions directions directions via mapquest.
I- 205 south, take exit 10 "OR-213/Cascade HWY" TRAVEL 3.3 miles, turn left on Beavercreek RD. High school is one mile down Beavercreek.
Same exit for I-205 north.
Old 05-05-2004, 07:17 AM
Tech Elite

Originally posted by smitty
Sorcerer001rc,
Interested in a trade? I have an OFNA LD3 RTR, about 2 months old that I got for the youngsters. I think Electric would be easier for them. Let me know,
Smitty
Smitty -

I won't have the other Yok available 'til late next week, but if you come down this weekend, bring the LD3. Never seen one up close. Last gas car I ran was my Reflex NT two years ago...
If your daughter is the little blond girl that was out racing with the big boys last year, my little six year old girl was inspired by her. She's been telling me ever since we attended the race you were at that she wants to "drive on the track like that other girl". I've since bought her a Mini-T, which she's getting better at piloting every day. She wants a monster truck at the moment, so we're gonna hold off on the 1/8th scale car for a while.
Hope to see you guys out in Oregon City this weekend...

- Brendon
Old 05-05-2004, 03:44 PM
Tech Master

mmmmmmmmmmmm ,is'nt the school location kind of out in the wilderness? if it is, there might be some wild current bushes growing out that area that we might be able to use instead of the generators.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.