Have you guys SEEEEEN this guy's setup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfJU-BpftE
Old 05-14-2010, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Cpt.America
Have you guys SEEEEEN this guy's setup?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tGfJU-BpftE
That nice of a set up and he still can't make the entrance to pit road or stop in his pits.
Old 05-14-2010, 03:40 PM
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 52 (100%+)

Originally Posted by mkdut
That nice of a set up and he still can't make the entrance to pit road or stop in his pits.
I was reading through some of the comments on one of his other videos, and the commentor was saying how incredible his setup was, but that he was slow around the track.. and his reply was something along the lines of spending all his time doing the cockpit build, and not enough time actually racing

Regardless.. what an over-the-top-fun setup!
Old 05-14-2010, 04:28 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Got to wait until the beginning of June for the next promotion date. Road license is ready to move up, almost there for oval though that is slow going due to the crashfest of Legends racing.
legends, on the start go high in first corner, let EVERYONE GO, hang back, wait for the "big one" then pick off the rest one at a time, and DON'T race anyone for position. at least not for more then a couple of laps
Old 05-14-2010, 04:39 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
legends, on the start go high in first corner, let EVERYONE GO, hang back, wait for the "big one" then pick off the rest one at a time, and DON'T race anyone for position. at least not for more then a couple of laps
The problem is I have been starting lately in the #5 spot. Mid pack inside with some yahoo to the outside who decides to spin the car going into turn 3 on the first lap. No chance to shuffle out of the pack. Been lucky enough to once things settle down to tuck in behind a car and just follow. If he gets loose then I lift a bit and don't try to get the spot unless I know that I can clear him before the next corner.
Old 05-14-2010, 10:25 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

don't qualify the car, It puts you in the middle of the wreck. Wait and start qualifing when you move up and start racing better people, that can make it through turn 1.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:27 AM
Tech Master

5 legends races in a row with zero incidents.
Old 05-15-2010, 09:46 AM
Tech Champion

there you go,
Old 05-17-2010, 09:25 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Z Man
don't qualify the car, It puts you in the middle of the wreck. Wait and start qualifing when you move up and start racing better people, that can make it through turn 1.
Starting at the back seems to work out pretty well in oval. Not so much on the road course. Everyone seems to like to wreck on the exit to blind corners like turn 5 at Limerock just at the top of the hill that you can't see until you get there. The other problem is getting by the slower cars that have qualified and not getting taken out by them. It also seems to be a bigger issue in the spec Ford than it does in the Solstice.

I think I'm going to stick with the qualifying route for now and take my chances.
Old 06-02-2010, 11:18 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by busman
We are mostly running Road courses, but all run Oval too. come on out and join the Fray.

Gary and I have B licence, Ron and Ritche are C, Oval licences vary.

A couple of things you'll want for the G27 will be a load cell and Bodnar box for the brakes, You can pick them up later though.
OK, so what's a load cell and Bodner box and why do I need them? Especially now that I have a class C license in both and just renewed for a year.
Old 06-02-2010, 12:26 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

OK, so what's a load cell and Bodner box and why do I need them? Especially now that I have a class C license in both and just renewed for a year.

You have a PM

It spreads out the resouloution steps in the brake for better feel, you can then make it feel like a real brake pedal, not just a spring pot.

i.e. You get to go faster.
Old 06-02-2010, 01:19 PM
Tech Champion

wow, great job, I had to relearn the brakes when I upgraded, best to stop by and try mine to see if you like it
Old 06-03-2010, 06:49 AM
Tech Master

It appears the guy who is making the load cells for the G27 is behind in production and not currently taking new orders. I have figured out the electronics part just have to order some parts from Mouser and figure out how to mount it all.
Old 06-03-2010, 07:56 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

It appears the guy who is making the load cells for the G27 is behind in production and not currently taking new orders. I have figured out the electronics part just have to order some parts from Mouser and figure out how to mount it all.

I'm sure we could duplicate what we have for install, should be no problem.
Old 06-03-2010, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

I've got something sketched up. Most of it is parts from Home Depot. Just need to figure out the top and bottom mount. Should be able to put something together or $50 or so.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.