Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree651Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 08-01-2015, 03:54 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Quick new pic of the stand compliments of Tracy.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-img_0908-600x800-.jpg  
Old 08-07-2015, 03:01 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Slab with islands.
As the resident rc drift rep; me gusta.

Speaking of which, there is a new RC drift store and indoor polished concrete track up in Lynwood; Kong RC drift. MST and Yokomo dealer.
Old 08-11-2015, 07:42 PM
Gig
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default Saying hello.

Todd Todd Todd,
I'm back in WA and awaiting to have fun with the new track. Long time no talk.
-Wiley
Old 08-17-2015, 06:35 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

So I finally made a trip up a couple of weeks ago and chatted a bit. Ran a pack with my basher and I realized if the on raod course is going to be, say 90' deep, the driver's stand may be too low to see "out" that far... just some thoughts..

Looks promising though just needs some more parking!

Get 'em Todd!
Old 08-19-2015, 01:57 PM
Tech Elite

Default Pave the Onroad Track

The long project of building an onroad track at North Seatac Park has heated up and is now on a full boil. If it seems like this has taken forever, you are not alone. I look at the first post on this thread and see that it has been 5 1/2 years since this project began. But, what was once a jungly wilderness of an abandoned neighborhood has gradually but irrevocably relented before the indomitable will of men and women working together on a common cause. So many people have contributed time, energy, and money to push it along, and now comes the hard climb.

It is time to raise funds to help pay for asphalt. We are dividing this expense with the city. I have solicited bids, reviewed them, shared them with the club's Competition Committee, and am moving forward with Lloyd Enterprises and Jet Black Paving as our contractors. I believe they offer the best combination of economy and long-term quality.

Our fundraising goal is $20,000. As of mid-day today (Aug 19), we have raised $12,600 from local racers to pay for the asphalt. The donations have ranged in size from $100 to $5000. These are donations from your racer peers. We've crossed halfway in less than two days. Now, I am asking everyone to participate in the funding drive.

Just as many hands make light work, many donations will get us to our goal of a permanent race track in a public park. The Seattle RC Racers will control the track schedule, and I am committed to running a race program at the new track, starting next year when the track is finished. As always with Seattle RC Racer programs, summer onroad racing will be an all-volunteer nonprofit activity. All proceeds go to the club to support racing in the Northwest.

When the track is not scheduled for races, it will be free and open for practice and play to all comers. If you have dreams of that world championship, this is your chance to practice practice practice. Or, if you're new to the sport and just need a place to get your wheels on, this is also for you.

You can make donations through the club's website homepage where there is a PayPal link. http://seattlercracers.com/2015/02/23/91/

Alternatively, you can deliver a check by mail or to me in person. It will go directly into the club's account to pave and finish the track.

The club's treasurer is tracking all receipts, and full reporting will be made at the club's open meetings.

The asphalt will be laid in October, and the track will be completed as early as possible next Spring.

Let's bring this project to completion and be the generation of racers who made a permanent contribution to our sport.

This is for ourselves, for each other, and for everyone who comes after.
Old 08-19-2015, 02:54 PM
Tech Rookie

Hey Todd,

First off I would like to say thank you to you and the club for taking on this huge challenge. I look forward to trying my hand at on road racing.

I'm also hopeful that the off road side can continue to move forward and have a complete race worthy track their too. The support via work parties has diminished a bit this year with only a handful of dedicated people showing up to help.

I'm told that the drivers stand for the onroad course is getting poured tomorrow 8/20 and plan on being their so they can also pour a small pad on the off road side for a picnic table. If it is true that the pour is being done tomorrow does anyone know what time? I would like to plan my day around the concrete delivery and not have to wait for the cable guy if you know what I mean.

Anyways, thanks again to each person that has made this happen and hope to get to know the onroad group better as the RC park continues to evolve.

Regards,
Scott
Old 08-19-2015, 03:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Concrete Pour

Scott,

The pour starts at 7am and should be done by 9:30am.

I hear you on the offroad track. My energy has gone toward the onroad track and helping out with Fantasy World's program this summer. I have not been as present on the offroad side as I'd like. Granted, I'm just one guy, but next summer with the onroad track next door, I predict a renewed push for the whole thing to continue improving.
Old 08-19-2015, 05:11 PM
Tech Rookie

Okay Todd, thanks for the info. I'll be there and take some pictures and get that pad for the picnic table done too.
Old 08-24-2015, 09:14 AM
Tech Elite

Default Stand Updates

Work continues on the stand.

The stand top was poured last week. Pictures attached.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-stand-top-poured-small.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-roof-brackets-small.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-pad-detail-small.jpg  
Old 09-10-2015, 08:36 AM
Tech Elite

A quick update on funds for the track. We've blown past $15K and are up over $17K for pledges toward the asphalt. And guys are following through, too. The cash is coming in. We're almost there.

Old 09-10-2015, 01:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

A quick update on funds for the track. We've blown past $15K and are up over $17K for pledges toward the asphalt. And guys are following through, too. The cash is coming in. We're almost there.

I finally caught up with Club News enough to realize there is a donation drive. I pitched in a little, hope it helps and I'm very excited about the outcome!
Old 09-10-2015, 03:29 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
I finally caught up with Club News enough to realize there is a donation drive. I pitched in a little, hope it helps and I'm very excited about the outcome!
Who in the hell is this?? It couldn't be Adam. The last I saw him, he bought me a present at Home Depot and then abandoned me on father's day.
Old 09-21-2015, 08:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default 2016 asphalt debut

Fabulous, congratulations on driving this project to completion!
I'm in

Marcos
Old 09-25-2015, 12:38 PM
Tech Adept

Default Fund Drive

Hi folks,

In an effort to keep the dream alive, I am writing a quick note to request for pledges towards the SEATAC asphalt track. (Todd can’t do all the asking.)

(queue in sarah mclachlan “angel” background music)

Each year, rc racers around America look forward to the summer racing season. Many have caring “home” tracks supported by loving racers and hobby business owners alike. But, sadly, there are many clubs that do not. They wonder where will they race in the upcoming seasons. Will there be a car parked right in the middle of the straight when they get to the parking lot on Saturday morning? Will they have enough traction on a dusty parking lot? Will that extra space in the parking lot be sold off to make way for a Ross Dress for Less store?
Now, Seattle RC Racers asks for your donation. Please help provide that permanent home for the rc racers you care about. Together, we can provide a safe and secure place for rc racing here in the Puget Sound region for years to come. Please donate now….(music playing)...

OK, you get the point….If you are able to contribute to the fund drive for the SEATAC asphalt track, please do so as soon as possible. There are many of us in the club and those not so directly involved who have been working for a long time to get this done. Now is the time to help push this through. The track will be an outstanding resource for everyone, regardless of their level of involvement in rc cars.

It’s easy. Go to www.seattlercracers.com and follow the donation link to paypal. Or donate at the next club race to Brian Bodine (treasurer).

Thanks to everyone who has made a donation and to all those who have helped so far!

Tracy Slatten
Old 09-25-2015, 01:17 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Hey Tracy, is there an update on the donation drive? How close (or far away?) are we?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.