Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Asphalt. Lots and lots of asphalt.
+1
Old 12-21-2013, 07:34 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Asphalt. Lots and lots of asphalt.
Haha, nice Todd. I hear the proposed location moved from the east side of the off road track to the west side. Either way that whole r/c park is going to be awesome in the years to come.
Old 01-31-2014, 07:15 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The NEW rage...

Would be sweet to tie something like this in on one end of the track.. one side of the hill for rock racing and the other side straight up crawling area.. Got Twin Hammers??

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 01-31-2014, 11:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

A couple of us tried to set up a rock crawling/racing area, but there wasn't too much organized interest. I'd be down as I have a pretty hopped up Wraith that's ready to bounce.
Old 02-01-2014, 06:29 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 7 (100%+)

you should bring that wraith to one of the warcrc comps. ill get you a schedule. its fun. wraith is a class 3 rig.
Old 02-01-2014, 08:23 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by dragonracing
you should bring that wraith to one of the warcrc comps. ill get you a schedule. its fun. wraith is a class 3 rig.
Yeah, I've been thinking about what you said, I need to get those damn Vanquish axles to complete the look. I'm running around in a suit but still wearing white socks with those nice shoes. RPP lied to be about some in-stock axle covers, so I'll follow up on that this week. Just need to rewire the sucker and get rid of the MMP in favor of the Tekin that's sitting in a box.
Old 02-16-2014, 12:36 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
The NEW rage...

Would be sweet to tie something like this in on one end of the track.. one side of the hill for rock racing and the other side straight up crawling area.. Got Twin Hammers??

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
i for one have been very interested in this! Been looking for a reason to buy an EXO buggy for a while now
Old 02-16-2014, 01:56 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by metalnut
Yeah, I've been thinking about what you said, I need to get those damn Vanquish axles to complete the look. I'm running around in a suit but still wearing white socks with those nice shoes. RPP lied to be about some in-stock axle covers, so I'll follow up on that this week. Just need to rewire the sucker and get rid of the MMP in favor of the Tekin that's sitting in a box.
hahaha. dont worry man. cargo shorts and a wife beater aaaand mismatched socks lol. its all good. dont worry bout the damn spendy vanquish axles. its overkill. just get the 8` knuckles and c hubs and the inner axles from vanquish and it will steer.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:08 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

We have any build dates in mind this spring? I renewed ROAR, so i guess Im committed. Even looked at (gasp) a B5 if the Mini8ight/ 1.14th class doesn't take off.
Old 03-14-2014, 02:27 PM
Tech Champion

The work needs to be focused on getting asphalt over there....

No ROAR card needed for seatac..
Old 03-14-2014, 02:50 PM
Tech Elite

yes asphalt!
Old 03-14-2014, 03:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
No ROAR card needed for seatac..
I think Drew is talking about actual racing.

-Mike
Old 03-14-2014, 04:05 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Offroad Update

The track has been in good shape during stretches of dry weather these past months. And while traffic has not been high, it has nevertheless gotten some use.

While the venue can be labled "done" from the city's point of view, we of course have continued improvements in mind for this upcoming season of dry weather.

Going forward from here, the extremely able and experienced Don Parker will have the lead on scheduling maintenance and working out the details of what exactly will be going on. I'm still in the loop, of course, but Don is the man for the most up to the minute news.

That said, here are the general plans for this season.

More Dirt
We plan to bring in more dirt. Somewhere between 40 and 50 yards is the plan. That won't happen for awhile yet, another six to eight weeks at least. We have tried a number of different mixes out there, and the dirt I brought in for the original layout has proven to be the best. The next loads will be the same, screened down to a finer 1/8".

Layout
The general layout has been very good and will be conserved. It has drained and dried very well. A couple of jumps were added that will be removed, as they impede the drainage of the track in specific areas.

Grass Infield
The grass infield that has taken root is attractive and effective. More will be added.

Racing
This is a big discussion we'll need to have at some point. The reality is this: the track is heavily used as is. Those who are out there are having a great time and a casual survey of users suggests that the appetite for organized "Specs & Rules" racing is not widely or highly desired. Particularly on weekend days when the track is in most use. Six or seven race dates during the summer would take it off line for a large proportion of the current users. So, while not prohibitive, it's a significant factor to consider. I will underline this, though: it was conceived and designed as a race track. Should the club choose to do so, it remains our prerogative to organize racing at the Seatac track. But, the energy has to be there, and right now, mine is otherwise committed.

That is all for now on the offroad side.
Old 03-14-2014, 04:11 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by grippgoat
I think Drew is talking about actual racing.

-Mike
He mentioned Mini 8ight and 1/14 scale so he wasn't really talking about racing...

-Kyle

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.