Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 11-22-2013, 11:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

going to be dry this weekend...
Old 11-23-2013, 11:18 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

I might try to hit the track tomorrow. Godda get the old 'Pede dusted off so I can get it muddy
Old 11-23-2013, 11:28 PM
Tech Rookie

Speaking of mud...

I stopped by this afternoon and the track was a very, very muddy big sloppy mess. Totally unusable. There was someone mudding around with a gasser. I hope it's not trashed after it drys out.

I realized after I left that it had to have been intentionally soaked. And I mean more soaked than I have seen it during a big rain. The hose was out and had pressure too.

I hate to say it.. but I think the water source will have to be secured.
Old 11-24-2013, 12:42 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ErikU View Post
Speaking of mud...

I stopped by this afternoon and the track was a very, very muddy big sloppy mess. Totally unusable. There was someone mudding around with a gasser. I hope it's not trashed after it drys out.

I realized after I left that it had to have been intentionally soaked. And I mean more soaked than I have seen it during a big rain. The hose was out and had pressure too.

The water source was secured, at least at one point, you had to have a key to get it unlocked. I wonder if someone forgot to lock it back up.

Did you inform the citizen with the gasser that only electrics were allowed on the track?
Old 11-24-2013, 08:44 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ErikU View Post
Speaking of mud...

That might have happened but the hose is prob frozen ..... but with how cold it has been i feel that it was frozen and when it warms up the frozen track becomes a mud pit worst then any rain my practice track has been like that for 4 days now frozen and a mud pit by noon where you sink in a half foot when you try to walk on
Old 11-24-2013, 09:12 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

My Burglary update. The guy is sitting in jail looking at a res burg, plus a few other charges. I should have a couple years free of worry about him coming back. Plus the added cameras, + renters insurance cant hurt any.

So far I am two Losi 8ight shocks and a steering servo away from having a running lcg slash 2wd. I got a used MMP, and 3800 motor off of ebay that will be powering it.

I was able to get a losi xxx bk2 buggy Just need a rx and some soldering to get the speedo all hooked up.

No doubt when I finally get back to the track Im gonna be hounding you guys to sell me some of your extra goods.
Old 11-24-2013, 04:25 PM
Tech Elite

Well, I got out to the track for a few today. Sure enough, the surface is pretty horribly wet and muddy. I swapped my SCT tires for some Trenchers and it actually worked out pretty well. The truck got soaked and caked in mud, but still ran like a champ.

So, I was told that someone did some work on the track without our participation. They brought in dirt, redid some of the jumps and corners, etc. Does anyone know anything about this? I think it's the new dirt that's causing the muddy mess.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-stampede.jpg  
Old 11-25-2013, 10:19 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Is the carpet still on the jumps?

I hate people.
Old 11-25-2013, 11:13 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JeepnMike View Post
Is the carpet still on the jumps?

I hate people.
Yeah, all the carpet is still there. I don't know what was done exactly, but I was told the jump faces and some of the banking were fixed up. The track actually felt pretty nice if you ignore all the mud. I had a pretty good time with the 'Pede, but a new guy showed up with a B4.2 wearing clay tires. He saw me mudding around and promptly went back home
Old 11-26-2013, 06:59 AM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut View Post
Yeah, all the carpet is still there. I don't know what was done exactly, but I was told the jump faces and some of the banking were fixed up. The track actually felt pretty nice if you ignore all the mud. I had a pretty good time with the 'Pede, but a new guy showed up with a B4.2 wearing clay tires. He saw me mudding around and promptly went back home
Hrm. So it almost sounds like it wasn't totally a bad thing. Do you think folks would listen if a sign was posted saying something about "electric RC vehicles only"? I am just fearing folks complaining about nitro noise (while jets are flying overhead).

BTW, I don't know if you will see my new B4.1 out there even when the track is..... dusty. LOL.
Old 11-26-2013, 08:13 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JeepnMike View Post
Hrm. So it almost sounds like it wasn't totally a bad thing. Do you think folks would listen if a sign was posted saying something about "electric RC vehicles only"? I am just fearing folks complaining about nitro noise (while jets are flying overhead).

BTW, I don't know if you will see my new B4.1 out there even when the track is..... dusty. LOL.
Oh, I didn't see any Nitro guys when I was out there. I know the guy above me saw one when he was there another day, but I'm not sure that's really adding to the mud problem. But it is against track rules and we should continue to enforce that rule as agreed on with the Parks Department. It's also clearly printed on the sign that's on the driver's stand.
Old 12-06-2013, 03:26 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Anyone heading out Saturday for some finger freezing? I have extra hot-hands I'll bring if I make it out.
Old 12-21-2013, 09:14 AM
Tech Apprentice

What's everyone hoping to find under the tree this year?
Old 12-21-2013, 10:00 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Motor/esc for my sc10
Old 12-21-2013, 10:04 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hopefully a water proof, crush proof, 50mph slash proof Iphone case.

Search this Thread

Contact Us Archive Advertising Cookie Policy Privacy Statement Terms of Service