Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree591Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 09-07-2013, 09:23 AM
Tech Adept

Gotta say, the last 2 afternoons at the track have been the best yet despite the morning/evening rain. No dust and traction up. should be good today as well.
See ya down there, folks.
Old 09-07-2013, 10:57 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

will be there noonish.
Old 09-08-2013, 10:23 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I finally got a chance to come spend some time at the track Sunday afternoon. The last time I was at the track was before carpet. Having the carpet on the jumps makes the track 100 times more enjoyable.. I got there just as the track was starting to really dry out and get dusty, but having the carpet there makes the track still a joy to drive when traction doesn't exist.

Thanks again for all of your guys' hard work!
Old 09-10-2013, 10:27 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Litter Cleanup in the Park

We have been invited by the Seatac Parks Department to participate in a Litter Cleanup Party in North Seatac Park.

Litter Cleanup Party
Saturday, September 14
9am
Seatac Community Center
13735 24th Ave S
Seatac, WA 98168

Directions from the RC Track are easy. The community center is just another 100 yards or so further east on 136th. The parks department will be providing bags, pickers, and light refreshments. It's not a long thing, just a couple hours. Any and all help is appreciated.
Old 09-15-2013, 07:47 PM
Tech Rookie

I also add my thanks for making this track happen, the turn-out has been great every time I have been by, and it's lots of fun for the kids too.

There are a couple short term and quick improvements (aside from the obvious) that would really help:

1. Picnic tables would come in really handy for both family time, and a place to relax or work on cars. Put a few in the shady spots.

2. Porta-potty. Going in the woods is awkward at best, and certainly not family friendly.

3. Water fountain. There is water on-site, so it should be fairly easy to install a basic water fountain that can be turned off for winter freezes.

I would venture to guess that there is enough use of the park to warrant the first two.. I would guess that the city should make those happen if the park is getting enough use, end it seems to be. Who should we lobby? I'd be happy to send a friendly note to the right person.

-Erik
Old 09-15-2013, 09:44 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by ErikU
I also add my thanks for making this track happen, the turn-out has been great every time I have been by, and it's lots of fun for the kids too.

There are a couple short term and quick improvements (aside from the obvious) that would really help:

1. Picnic tables would come in really handy for both family time, and a place to relax or work on cars. Put a few in the shady spots.

We've talked about getting a couple tables in, and one of the guys who has been a regular at the work parties has mentioned he plans to pop for at least one to go in the the northeast corner. At this point it may simply be a "wait until spring" thing. Yeah, once they're in, they'll get weathered on. But, at least while they're new, let's put them in with at least some prospect of good or improving weather. We're on the downslope, now.

2. Porta-potty. Going in the woods is awkward at best, and certainly not family friendly.

Another ongoing conversation with the parks department. The BMX track next door pays for theirs, though they're only open on race days. Right now, the club doesn't generate any revenue from the track. All the same, this season the Seattle RC Racers ponied up for signage and pipe. Whatever else the parks didn't cover came out individuals' pockets. Candidly, we're in a "who blinks first" moment with parks regarding the honey buckets. As well as the fact, again, that the summer is closing out and we wouldn't look to put any in right now, anyway. I didn't think to look over the last time I was down, but this is about the time when the BMX track pulls theirs, if they haven't already. Definitely, some sort of sanitation solution is a front burner topic.

3. Water fountain. There is water on-site, so it should be fairly easy to install a basic water fountain that can be turned off for winter freezes.

A water fountain would be nice.

I would venture to guess that there is enough use of the park to warrant the first two.. I would guess that the city should make those happen if the park is getting enough use, end it seems to be. Who should we lobby? I'd be happy to send a friendly note to the right person.

-Erik
Old 09-21-2013, 02:41 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

There's a proper porcelain head directly north of the track, in the park area. It's a bit of a walk, or short drive. I don't know how late (hours/season) this will be available.

http://www.bing.com/maps/default.asp...IyLjMwNzIyOQ==
Old 09-29-2013, 07:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Hey guys, It looks like due to my house getting robbed, and the seattle weather I wont b able to join anyone at the track. I had my three rc's, and my new spektrum radio stolen, Its a long shot, but if you see the slash running with the spektrum radio I would appreciate any information leading to the whereabouts.

This is the xxx buggy, They didnt take the pink body, and its pretty much a roller, with a hpi flux black can motor on it, and a orange rx .

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6d42de33.jpg

slash and losi xxx side by side body pics. Distegaurd the mini e revo and the dog. http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...psabae5a03.jpg

Here is a good one of the slash, mmp, and castle motor. I used two rustler chassis's, and a piece of an old one with the l metal. Its pretty ugly, but definitly unique. This one has the spektrum 3100 rx on it, on the front upper chassis piece. Hobbyking mi digital servo,

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...psd50b194c.jpg

Any information leading to the recovery, and or criminal prosecution of these individuals will be rewarded. I cant say what I can give you but I will do my best to make it worth your while.

Thanks for looking out,

Chris 360 388 8103
Old 09-30-2013, 12:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Originally Posted by blakktalon
Hey guys, It looks like due to my house getting robbed, and the seattle weather I wont b able to join anyone at the track. I had my three rc's, and my new spektrum radio stolen, Its a long shot, but if you see the slash running with the spektrum radio I would appreciate any information leading to the whereabouts.

This is the xxx buggy, They didnt take the pink body, and its pretty much a roller, with a hpi flux black can motor on it, and a orange rx .

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...ps6d42de33.jpg

slash and losi xxx side by side body pics. Distegaurd the mini e revo and the dog. http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...psabae5a03.jpg

Here is a good one of the slash, mmp, and castle motor. I used two rustler chassis's, and a piece of an old one with the l metal. Its pretty ugly, but definitly unique. This one has the spektrum 3100 rx on it, on the front upper chassis piece. Hobbyking mi digital servo,

http://i1271.photobucket.com/albums/...psd50b194c.jpg

Any information leading to the recovery, and or criminal prosecution of these individuals will be rewarded. I cant say what I can give you but I will do my best to make it worth your while.

Thanks for looking out,

Chris 360 388 8103
Damn dude, that really sucks. Sorry to hear about the breakin. If I were you, I would keep an eye on the seattle craigslist(s) (toys I guess?) to see if they get posted. In addition, I'd e-mail the local tracks, especially TRCR, to see if anyone is going to try to sell them off. Here is hoping that they're stupid enough to try either and get caught!
Old 10-09-2013, 04:56 PM
Tech Elite

Default Offroad Track Work Party

Hello Seatac Offroaders and Other Energetic Individuals!

One final work party at the offroad track this fall. The parks department is providing topsoil, seed, and peat moss to grow some beatiful lush infield and surrounding grass over the coming wet months. We need to prep the ground and rake out the topsoil for the seed. It shouldn't be terribly difficult, just wheelbarrow and rake work.

Work Party
Sunday, October 13
9am to Noon
North Seatac Park RC Track

Bring rakes, shovels, and wheelbarrows if you have them.

See you there!
Old 10-11-2013, 10:29 PM
Tech Rookie

Default Current Track Conditions?

Thanks to everyone who has put so much time and effort into building this great track!!! My kids and I have already had some fun times out there over the summer and hope to have many more. Great job!

I haven't been there in a couple of months and certainly not since our wettest September on record! I'm thinking of stopping by this weekend. Has anyone used the track lately? What are the conditions?

Last edited by scohour; 10-12-2013 at 08:19 AM.
Old 10-13-2013, 09:27 PM
Tech Rookie

Just in case anyone is wondering... the track is in great condition. [I got a few laps in this afternoon.]
Old 10-14-2013, 12:09 PM
Tech Elite

Good work party yesterday. Thanks again to everyone who came out to help. It should be looking really good come the spring.

That said, conditions right now are prime. Obviously, as we push deeper into fall it will be more hit and miss with the rain, but there's no dust, high grip, a minimum of ruts, and in general a high quality of feel all around. Enjoy some laps now! Just, please stay out of the infield as much as possible.
Old 11-10-2013, 05:06 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

One of the weekend regulars started a FB page for the track;
https://www.facebook.com/groups/northseatacrcpark/

There's no dust! Waaahooo! Had a great time yesterday, this is such a great gift to the community.
Old 11-11-2013, 08:58 AM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I made it over for the first time Saturday afternoon. I have to add to the kudos for Todd and crew that put this together along with some kudos for the city of SeaTac that was willing to take a chance on this.

When I pulled up around 2:00. I thought I had timed it wrong because there were so many people around. I thought it was a work day or there was some sort of special event. Turns out it was just a "Saturday". I am guessing there were 15 or 20 people hanging out. Maybe 8-10 cars on the track. Awesome!! My next surprise was it wasn't a bunch of bashers. It was guys that were respectful, good, and having a good time.

It was pretty much all Slashes running around, so I got mine out and this got my RC blood flowing again. I instantly had to take my truck back off the track to do some tuning when I realized it needed some serious adjustments.

Had a great time. Crowd was completely gone by 4:00 at which time it started to rain anyway.

Thanks again!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.