Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree706Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 06-29-2013, 05:33 AM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
And suntan lotion. Maybe earplugs if jet turbines get your ears ringing
I was thinking like a huge beach umbrella. But it just made me think of an idea, how about a really long tarp, or something we could hang from the eve that hangs down a couple feet. It seems the sun just hits the eco blocks and the first foot or so of the drivers stand. But we could shade it with something hanging down like a curtain.

Just an idea...
Old 06-30-2013, 04:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 36 (100%+)

Well, I spent about 4 hours at the track today, 4 full packs through the marvel of speed and modern engineering known as my Turggy 'Pede

In all seriousness, though, the truck handled great and the track was awesome. Yes, it was hot, but the roof provided enough shade to avoid sunburn with a little bit of suntan lotion on the arms. Definitely bring lots of water, I drank a liter and didn't even feel it in me.

Met some cool people, got some creepy van Ice Cream, all in all a great time!
Old 07-01-2013, 05:56 AM
Tech Adept

Nice day at the track too! Had a couple of hours down at the track and things looked good. Grass is trying to fill in around the edges, things looked clean and tidy. Everything was going great until my brushes started to stick...maybe time to upgrade.
Old 07-01-2013, 10:34 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)

Originally Posted by metalnut
got some creepy van Ice Cream, all in all a great time!
You gave into his nasty "you better buy one of these dang popsicles you greedy bastards!!" glare did you?
Old 07-01-2013, 11:04 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by JeepnMike
You gave into his nasty "you better buy one of these dang popsicles you greedy bastards!!" glare did you?
Well, it was more peer pressure than anything else. A couple other guys flagged the van down and we each bought a $2 treat, surely a 400% markup from cost. But when it's 90 degrees out and you're running as hot as your motor, you pay what the man asks
Old 07-03-2013, 05:35 PM
Tech Apprentice

Okay guys, the turf/carpet is on site. I spoke with Don a little bit ago and he and I are meeting there tomorrow at 9:00 to get it set out. A helping hand will sure make the job go a little faster. Feel free to come on bye and help out.
Old 07-04-2013, 09:08 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Originally Posted by t0adman
Looks great! Does this mean no track time this weekend? I'm dying to get out there and check out the track. I've also got a pile of 4" corrugated pipe to donate when the time is right.
Hey t0adman, I can come pick up those pipe if still avalible, we need a lot of 4" pipes.

Last edited by RC-Crazy; 07-04-2013 at 09:35 PM.
Old 07-04-2013, 10:24 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Scott711
Okay guys, the turf/carpet is on site. I spoke with Don a little bit ago and he and I are meeting there tomorrow at 9:00 to get it set out. A helping hand will sure make the job go a little faster. Feel free to come on bye and help out.
So how did it turn out? Unfortunately I couldn't come help today, but I'm thinking of going by tomorrow to get some laps in. I assume the track is open?
Old 07-05-2013, 10:14 AM
Tech Adept

Track looks great with the turf down over the jumps. Drives great too. If it holds up we have a winner. Ran couple of packs and is real fun to drive.

I will make another plea to not get carried away with piping. It only is more to maintain and run into and get hung up on.... On the other hand, If folks want to add more pipe, so be it.

Again, nice work so far with the track and the help from everyone. I have fixed up my old buggy and am starting to make some laps...Todd, I'm waiting for you!
Old 07-05-2013, 11:13 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I would like to ask that ongoing changes or additions to the track continue to be closely coordinated with the Seattle RC Racers. While it is absolutely a community track which is open to everyone, it is not a free-for-all when it comes to layout and track hardware. As Tracy says, we are looking to use a minimum of pipe. Which is not to say we can't perhaps use more in a couple of areas. But, by no means is there any intent to pipe the whole thing.

The Seattle RC Racers, and myself in particular, are operating under contract with the city of Seatac to develop the track. Please understand that we are doing our best to meet the expectations of multiple parties and that in general, less should be considered more when it comes to the plastic we put on site.
Old 07-05-2013, 12:42 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I would like to ask that ongoing changes or additions to the track continue to be closely coordinated with the Seattle RC Racers. While it is absolutely a community track which is open to everyone, it is not a free-for-all when it comes to layout and track hardware. As Tracy says, we are looking to use a minimum of pipe. Which is not to say we can't perhaps use more in a couple of areas. But, by no means is there any intent to pipe the whole thing.

The Seattle RC Racers, and myself in particular, are operating under contract with the city of Seatac to develop the track. Please understand that we are doing our best to meet the expectations of multiple parties and that in general, less should be considered more when it comes to the plastic we put on site.
Hey Todd, I had a crazy idea. What are the chances of the city putting in a public drinking water fountain next to our track? You see them in parks and various other city-owned public outdoor places, it'd be awesome if we could get one by the driver's stand. I realize it'd probably require plumbing of drinking water and would be a large (huge?) undertaking, but just throwing the idea out there.
Old 07-05-2013, 01:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

You've got to be kidding....

Ask for some park workers down there to flip cars too..

How about bringing a bottle or two of water and calling it good?

We have a premier permanent on road track planned and should save the favors for that....
Old 07-05-2013, 07:08 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Logi Maker

We have a premier permanent on road track planned and should save the favors for that....
I do bring water, but not everyone remembers to do so. I don't think my suggestion was stupid, nor did it warrant a ridiculing response.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:28 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Logi Maker

That was a pretty facetious response. I had some warm water, and showed up another time with no water. I can see both sides having a good point, but can we save the thread for useful information instead of attacking people.

Im scared Im gonna get my feeling hurt if you happen to look up a few posts and see me suggesting a beach umbrella.
Old 07-05-2013, 08:44 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Just saying bringing a drinking water line now would be quite expensive...

Got Camel pack?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.