Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree592Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 09-27-2012, 11:06 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Drivers Stand Build Day

Let's build a drivers stand. The City of SeaTac is purchasing the materials and will be waiting for us onsite. We have a lead carpenter for directing the action. I have the necessary tools lined up, and the city is providing a generator. Bring gloves and wear boots. Also, bring a rake and shovel if you have them. Extra hands can clear the track area.

Drivers Stand Build
Sunday, September 30
8am
SeaTac RC Track
S. 136th St. and 20th Ave. S.
SeaTac, WA

Thanks for the help.
Old 09-27-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Apprentice

I'll try to make it to help out. I'm open but I think my lady will have the car.

If anyone is in the Federal Way area near the beginning/end of the WA-18 I'm close to the aquatic center and Winco. (about a mile off the 18) Maybe I can share a ride with them.
PM me.
Old 09-30-2012, 10:45 PM
Tech Elite

Default Barn Raising

A big day of work at the SeaTac offroad track today. I want to thank Don Parker, Alex, and my dad for throwing down and lending their expert skills in raising our drivers stand. The pictures will tell the story, but truly, it could not have happened without them. Today was truly a master class in "Getting It Done." It's not complete...yet. But, the results are nonetheless impressive.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

Old 09-30-2012, 11:20 PM
Tech Master

Wish I could've made it in time (pregnant wife), But I rode by to check it out and it looks amazing! Really great work guys!
Old 10-06-2012, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Default Stand Update

Well, after dropping off the generator on Monday and talking to the parks guys, the word was that they wanted to fiddle with the rafters a little and block between them, then we could finish sheeting. Well...they got the bit between their teeth and just finished out the sheeting. It looks great! I wasn't expecting that, but we'll take it.

I was looking, and the big dirt area between the gravel drain and the stand...y'know the one? I think it would be a great spot for a track! Someone should build a track there

We're getting close. Truly, we are.

Old 10-18-2012, 07:04 PM
Tech Adept

The work continues! I stopped by today to see the sidewalk access improvement nearly done. 2 trees that were uprooting the sidewalk have been removed and forms for the new sidewalk are in. The access to the platform will be flat and new.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-2012-10-18_17-08-26_725.jpg  
Old 10-18-2012, 11:50 PM
Tech Master

It's sooo painfully close now. A first class facility within walking distance.... Mental overload.....
Old 10-19-2012, 08:40 PM
Tech Apprentice

Wish it was in walking distance for me.
Old 10-20-2012, 04:31 PM
Tech Apprentice

We could really use more dirt. The guy (I think his name was Greg) who came over with the kubota tractor during our last build day said he may be able to get someone to volunteer their grader and get the base set to lay out the course.
Any idea if the City will be able to get more dirt. I would say we need at least three times what they hauled in. Then when weather permits we can get another work party and lay out the course.
Old 10-28-2012, 01:48 PM
Tech Adept

Quick update. The sidewalk is done and the metal roof is on the structure...Looks great! Some trim and railings to do...

Tracy
Old 12-13-2012, 09:44 PM
Tech Adept

Today Todd, Don, and I were able build the railings for the drivers stand! It turned out real nice. The major part of construction with this project is now a reality. We have a few other details to do but this was an important milestone. The land is clear and flat, the sidewalk access is there, the stand is ready to use, and the water is on site. I think by spring there may be power as well. We just need a track. For those who would like to help with the track layout, start thinking about it. If you have a chance, go down and take a look for yourself, get the ideas going. It's a nice park too.

Thanks again for the help and input from the Hangar, City of Seatac, and all the other individuals that have helped out along the way.

Tracy
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-2012-12-13_14-58-09_951.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-2012-12-13_15-03-13_38.jpg  
Old 12-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Looks great! Thanks for all the hard work. Much appreciated.
Old 01-03-2013, 08:32 PM
Tech Apprentice

That stand and surrounding area is looking great. Regarding a track layout here are a couple options that were talked about a few months back. Might have to take visit out there one day real soon.

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

[IMG][/IMG]

Someone did a more refined drawing of these but I don't have those.
Old 01-04-2013, 12:10 AM
Tech Adept

the 2nd is my favorite personally couse you still get the feeling of the long straight but allot more techincal cornering which could make some great racing and be a sweet challenge expecially if you could put like some i cant remember the proper names but some like hurdle style pumps along that shorter midtrack striaght that could be cool or mabye a double in that area and make it a challenge to land perfect to take that corner im really hoping to some 1/8th scale ebuggy id be down
Old 01-05-2013, 02:10 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

I just found this thread, and am not working for a little while. SO if there is a work party I will bring my experience, and tools.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.