Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree595Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 06-18-2012, 08:03 PM
Tech Apprentice

Mad skills putting that into a visual for everyone. Looks great, can't wait to get out there and spread that dirt around and lay out the course. This damn weather is not helping dry out the site any either. Patience is not something I have a lot of. If there is a way to get that dirt spread around I'm available Friday afternoon for some work at the site.
Old 06-18-2012, 09:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I did modify with suggestions given (f&r access, handicap, and flip director box).
I would hold off on suggestions as a design was submitted afaik??? Todd or other will have to speak up for what could be included or not. Tracy is sending me a new drawing based on the new version.

Edit: Reason the ramp all the way across, because to split it would make it twice as wide. Pushing the track further back and adding more blocking drivers view. Its about 5degrees right now which is a little over specs.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-pix2.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-pix3.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-pix1.jpg  
Attached Files
File Type: zip
stand2.zip (47.2 KB, 18 views)
Old 06-21-2012, 01:43 AM
Tech Champion

Here is another mock up.. "start" for the dirt track based on Tracys drawings. If people think its too small or what, lmk. Otherwise take it and draw your ideas on it. If we get a good consensus I can take the best ones to create a mockup.

Scott, I know you showed some ideas, but I don't think any gave how the surface and jumps would work??
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-dirt.jpg  
Old 06-21-2012, 10:00 PM
Tech Champion

Based on what information I was given. This is the final design as it stands.

Again, this is what the design committee at this point have. I don't know if this structure has already been approved by the city or there is still room for some discussion.

What worries me about said design that I hope a design committee member can answer.

-There seems to be a lack of true cross beams versus joists underneath supporting the structure.
-The roof extension was not in the original but I do remember Todd mentioning that he wanted one. Does the city know to have one at this point?
-The Bridge was approved as well? As Todd wanted one to keep people off the drain area.
-The One exit seems highly inefficient. Versus having at least 2 at each end if not one of them being a ramp for wheelchairs. Having two would allow faster down time between heats as the racers would not have to wait until the last heat came down. They could go from west to east with there being a table on the east that drivers put their vehicles on to get out to marshall right away versus going to pits first. Also on non race days, thats going to cause much grief or not even bothering using the stand if any time a car flips, they have to walk down the back and come around the front to get to track.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-stockstandbackw.png   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-stockstandpersp1.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-stockstandpersp2.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-stockstandpersp3.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-stockstandunderside.png  

Old 06-22-2012, 08:43 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Here is another mock up.. "start" for the dirt track based on Tracys drawings. If people think its too small or what, lmk. Otherwise take it and draw your ideas on it. If we get a good consensus I can take the best ones to create a mockup.

Scott, I know you showed some ideas, but I don't think any gave how the surface and jumps would work??
I have some ideas for track features but thought we'd wait till a group can meet on site and get some consensus on jumps, whoops, step ups etc... I'm just waiting to get the go ahead with setting stakes for the track foot print. Then starts the work of laying out the track. I stopped by a couple weeks back and the few piles of dirt that are there won't be enough to build much in the way of burm's or step ups and other features. We will need to be creative with the way we fill jumps and other features. I would like to see the long straight away in the middle left open for a speed section but the rest is fair game.
Old 06-26-2012, 06:26 PM
Tech Adept

im goin to hawaii for a week on friday then after that i have no major plans for summer pumped to start to work
Old 06-28-2012, 05:06 PM
Tech Champion

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 06-28-2012, 07:23 PM
Tech Apprentice

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Hahahaha! I've been thinking the same thing.
Old 06-28-2012, 08:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Well...FWIW

Friday, June 29
10:30 am
SeaTac City Hall
Drivers Stand Permit Review

Anyone and everyone is more than welcome to attend. It was scheduled yesterday afternoon. Sorry for the short notice.
Old 06-28-2012, 11:19 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
Well...FWIW

Friday, June 29
10:30 am
SeaTac City Hall
Drivers Stand Permit Review

Anyone and everyone is more than welcome to attend. It was scheduled yesterday afternoon. Sorry for the short notice.
These were never answered. If you are out of the loop please address these to the engineers who did. There is no way I can make that with such short notice.

http://www.rctech.net/forum/10889483-post484.html
Old 06-30-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Apprentice

So I'm just wondering if it would be okay to go out and at least stake out the 130 x 60 foot print for the track. I thought we could start at the south east corner right along the drain basin and measure it out from there. Just a few stakes and some marker paint. Then, based on the course layout and features selected we will know where the lions share of the dirt needs to go. I'm more than willing to bring a wheel barrow, rakes and shovels to assist. Tomorrow is free for me.

It would be nice to get the heavy lifting of dirt and such things done before the full on summer heat sets in.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:20 PM
Tech Champion

While I agree with you Scott in principle, and though there hasn't been an update here from the meeting. From what I was told second hand, they have to put it on the other side of the track (that rise next to sidewalk). So your staking would have to take that into account.
Old 06-30-2012, 03:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

While I agree with you Scott in principle, and though there hasn't been an update here from the meeting. From what I was told second hand, they have to put it on the other side of the track (that rise next to sidewalk). So your staking would have to take that into account.
So the drivers stand has moved to the street side of the track?
Old 06-30-2012, 08:48 PM
Tech Champion

From what I understand.
Old 07-01-2012, 12:05 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

It's exciting to see all of this progress! I can't wait to put down some laps on this track!

Regarding the drivers' stand, if you have a long access ramp along the back, you won't need stairs. I've been to a few outdoor tracks like that. No point in wasting space with both when it's perfectly easy for everyone to use the same ramp.

I would highly recommend not putting the ramp in front of the drivers's stand where it will inevitably block views of the track.

/ $0.02...

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.