Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree651Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 05-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Derry
Contact Scott @trcr. He may be able to tell you. The last load of clay he brought in 6 to 8 months ago was awesome....
Good idea!
Old 05-17-2012, 05:39 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We moved A LOT of dirt today! Thanks to Kody, Drew, and Mike for the several hours of effort.

I suppose our next priority is to stake and twine a layout, build a retaining wall, drivers stand, paved sidewalk...

What the hell, we're making progress.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.

+ YouTube Video
Old 05-17-2012, 05:51 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

who ever is working the bobcat is very efficient!
Old 05-17-2012, 08:29 PM
Tech Adept

Sweet! Both the 3D dwg, Drew, can you raise the step trun to the height of the wall berm. I would like to see that please...and the amazing amount of dirt moved by Kody!

I went down and took a look tonight, and it was killer.

Thanks to everyone! I was planning on being earlier...but work.

T
Old 05-19-2012, 06:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Went by there today hoping to meet up with some one and see what I could do to help out, no one there (around 1;00). Is there a work day planned? I could spend a couple hours tomorrow (5/20), if someone lets me know what I should focus on.
Old 05-19-2012, 07:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Right now, we have guys working on the drivers stand design, which I will try to get turned around in budget/permit as quickly as possible so we can get it built.

In the meantime, if you're itching to do something, feel free to work on the area behind the drain basin, opposite the track. Any and all of the alder and other brambly crap can get whacked out. Just drag it to the access road and the park staff will pick it up. You should be able to tell where we've dumped stuff before. A chainsaw would be the dilly for that job. If that area gets cleared out, we can move some of the remaining dirt over there, where it can be hydroseeded and on its way to a pleasant park setting. Also! If you do some work, by all means snap a pic and post it up!

I won't be making it myself tomorrow, but I'll be back down there at least one day this coming week to stake out a general footprint and maybe move some more dirt.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:18 PM
Tech Apprentice

Alright sounds good Todd, I may try and head over mid day tomorrow and see what kind of damage I can do. Thanks.
Old 05-19-2012, 08:25 PM
Tech Adept

went to the site today saw all the clearing really cool if theres gonna be poeple goin out there ill gladly comr out and help
Old 05-20-2012, 07:20 AM
Tech Apprentice

I'm planning on going over around noon today. I'll bring the chain saw along and some shovels and rakes.
Old 05-20-2012, 10:36 AM
Tech Apprentice

Well this sucks, wasn't anticipating rain today. If it lets up maybe I'll head over but the radar map is all green with rain. O-well maybe another day
Old 05-22-2012, 04:42 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Are we going to have another work party sometime this week? Even an evening one would work. Why don't I go out alone? No room for equipment needed.

(Todd, cant make the carpet takedown, forgot have engagement same time ).
Old 05-23-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 14 (94%+)
Talking

Wow guys! I have been reading along and I am so stoked on this project. If it wasn't for my newborn taking up all my time I would be all over this project as I love participating in this kinda stuff. Tracks and jumps and such. The layout designs look great but if I could make a suggestion I would definitely add some more features/jumps like stepups and tripples. These type of features will really spice up the fun factor. I have to say the tracks around here are so tame compared to California. Just my 2 cents (from a non contributing critic ). Also if you don't end up getting clay, astro turf is the best for laying on the jumps. It cuts the maintenance to almost none and the grip is great. In Europe that's all they drive on. A little pricey but not too bad if it's only used on the jumps and that's all you really need. Plus it drys out faster so maybe we can extend our driving season.
Thanks guys

Last edited by ryanpatrickgore; 07-18-2012 at 12:30 PM.
Old 05-24-2012, 02:49 PM
Tech Champion

Any plans this weekend? I mean dont we have to return the bulldozer?
Old 05-26-2012, 05:26 PM
Tech Adept

im free monday if people are gonna be out there
Old 05-27-2012, 04:48 PM
Tech Champion

In theory its a good idea, but not sure many will be willing to use their vacation day for such. I however would help if something does come together today for tomorrow. As in mostly, someone comes with needed tools/extras.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.