Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree590Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 05-14-2012, 11:27 PM
Tech Adept

Drew, my eyes are rolling with the wall ride but I tried to check it out. Used the step up to back it for elevation change at the high side of the slope.
Just another noodle...The set back change is in there too. I made the lanes bigger and more realistic for the back straight/perimeter where the speed is fastest.

Keeping things smooth down by the drivers stand and moving features up at the top will help manage dirt/water till we figure out what's what. (It will make walking out to your overturned car easier too?)

If the crawlers are watching...I can draw in that proposed area for the general location and dimensions too.

Todd, If we set stakes at the absolute limits now it will help prevent track sprawl...

T
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SEATAC TRACK 1-1.pdf (106.9 KB, 151 views)
Old 05-15-2012, 12:15 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

Tracy, this is looks like it would be a great layout nice work.

Earlier int this thread I mentioned that a Conex box (thats what we called them in the Corps, basicly one of those metal storage units used to ship goods over the pond)it could be used as a driver's stand/storage.
I got this idea from the idea from racing over at pasco's sweet off road track. It gets the drivers elevated up to about 9' feet above the track and I believe it is cheaper than building a driver's stand.
Found this one on CL for $120 and there is a local place in seattle that sells them too, I just could not find a price http://www.conexcontainers.com/

We would just need to come up with stairs and railing. The only challenge would be getting a wheel chair up onto it??

Just an Idea
Kenny
Old 05-15-2012, 12:44 AM
Tech Master

Hey Todd, how late will you guys be there? I'm gonna try to take the day off, but just in case......
Old 05-15-2012, 09:26 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Awesome, Tracy!

I will have stakes and fluorescent twine; Panda already put that on the materials list.

Unfortunately, it's ixnay on the connex. It was one of the first things we thought of (I had Timezone in mind), but we can't get it permitted. City code makes it prohibitively difficult. It will have to be built. Fortunately, we still have a decent budget for the purpose.

The rock crawling clubs are going to work. They have their space and plan they are working on.

Up front, props to Drew for pushing on the subject. One design thing I was considering: we build in two drain lines perpendicular to the drain basin and running into it. The cloth covered kind you buy at Home Depot and laid down in a proper gravel bed. I'm thinking two lines that terminate at the back straight. However the layout is done, we should try to arrange it so the interior drains toward little collection points. The more we think about it now, the longer the usable season for the track over the long haul.

We need to be careful about built structures. The city is surprisingly strict about permitting them (think 8 year old on bike launching off the lip of our wall ride). We aren't out in the sticks, we're smack in a neighborhood.
Old 05-15-2012, 03:22 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
(think 8 year old on bike launching off the lip of our wall ride). We aren't out in the sticks, we're smack in a neighborhood.
" I can see my house from heeeeerrreeee........"

SMASH
Old 05-15-2012, 04:45 PM
Tech Adept

if i can find a quick way to get there after 2:05 ill be there hmm does any buddy a bus that goes that way?
from the burien transit station
Old 05-15-2012, 04:46 PM
Tech Adept

buddy know*
Old 05-15-2012, 10:40 PM
Tech Champion

You can edit your posts.

Where are you coming from? Could you take a bus to the Tukwila International Boulevard Station versus the Burien? As that would be closer. Thats what I have done thus far, its only about a 2 mile bike ride.

http://tinyurl.com/cdunype
Old 05-15-2012, 11:09 PM
Tech Adept

Drew, we will change the name to wall-berm even though we know it is a wall ride. It will calm everyone down. And Todd is right about the high structures. When you are the only one at the track, climbing up and down can get old.

T
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SEATAC TRACK 1-2.pdf (106.5 KB, 126 views)
Old 05-16-2012, 05:45 PM
Tech Champion

Here you go Tracy to help with visualization.
Attached Thumbnails Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-1.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-2.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-3.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-4.jpg   Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center-5.jpg  

Old 05-16-2012, 07:17 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by oXYnary
You can edit your posts.

Where are you coming from? Could you take a bus to the Tukwila International Boulevard Station versus the Burien? As that would be closer. Thats what I have done thus far, its only about a 2 mile bike ride.

http://tinyurl.com/cdunype
if i owned a bike i would do im coming from like dairy queen on ambaum pretty much right off 146th so idk im gonna look at bus routes again
Old 05-17-2012, 12:09 AM
Tech Champion

Are we still on for tomorrow? Per the chance of rain. At least with rain there wont be dust?
Old 05-17-2012, 08:30 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

We are on. Will be there between 9:30 and 10:00. The Bobcat is fueled up and waiting for us at the site.
Old 05-17-2012, 04:40 PM
Tech Champion

If anyone was planning coming out afterwork, the "first shift" has left already. If you still would like to do something, try to rake the surface so its more level, and chuck rocks beyond the rock drainage area.

Anyone know anyone that has some clay dirt with little to no rocks we could get for a song and a dance?
Old 05-17-2012, 05:00 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 27 (100%+)

Originally Posted by oXYnary
Anyone know anyone that has some clay dirt with little to no rocks we could get for a song and a dance?
Contact Scott @trcr. He may be able to tell you. The last load of clay he brought in 6 to 8 months ago was awesome....

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.