Like Tree808Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 05-03-2012, 01:28 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Work Days Cancelled

Bad News.

Work Days Cancelled.

I've received a call from the maintenance shop that our Bobcat is not available. And to answer the follow-up, "Why doesn't the idiot just rent another one?" We can get a Bobcat from any of a half dozen places. It's a Bobcat on tracks that is harder to come by. We were renting from the one place the half dozen others referred us to. I guess it's a busy time of year for these machines.

So...I'm going to pull the plug on this weekend and next. We'll just beat ourselves into the ground out there trying to make headway without the right equipment. And, since next weekend is Mother's Day, we'll just have to find the next best available time frame. In the meantime, perhaps we'll get a break from the rain and the ground will firm up.

Sorry for the start/stop. Stay tuned.
Old 05-03-2012, 04:41 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Good call , one the bright side it's Talladega weekend
Old 05-03-2012, 10:10 PM
Tech Master

I was kinda thinking the weather alone was gonna play a factor, but oh well, I've got a SC10 to pick up on Sunday to keep me excited.
Old 05-04-2012, 01:39 PM
Tech Adept

so lucky ive been looking at them tell how the kit is and when you get it driving and on some dirt tell me how it handles truelly interested
Old 05-08-2012, 09:01 PM
Tech Apprentice

Default email list?

Is there an email list that we can join for updates on work days? That would be great as I don't follow the forums that much. Been watching the track progress for 6 months now and trying to find people in charge. Did a google search and I found you. If no email then I will just make a point to check in and find out what's going on.
Old 05-08-2012, 09:39 PM
Tech Elite

Send an email to [email protected]

I'll put you on the list.

Old 05-09-2012, 05:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

Will do. Thanks Todd.
Old 05-13-2012, 09:34 PM
Tech Adept

Default Etch a Sketch

Hi folks,

Went down to the track today and kicked some dirt around. Took a rough look at where we might build a drivers stand. If we built a stand just north of the catch basin this is the area left to the north. About 120' by 60' of usable cleared and somewhat flat area. Just an idea of a layout concept and general arrangment. I hope we have a plan before we move around a 22 yards of dirt. Todd, are there any other preliminary plans to look over? Anyone else have ideas, let's see them. I can modify the drawing and repost.

(this drawing is done in Cad Std Lite 3.7.4 and printed into a PDF. It is a free program at http://www.cadstd.com/ . Small app and no BS in the software. I can e-mail the dwg file if anyone wants to fiddle around)

Tracy
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
SEATAC TRACK 1-0.pdf (104.1 KB, 332 views)
Old 05-13-2012, 09:52 PM
Tech Elite

That's a great drawing, Tracy. Thanks for working on it. I've been sketching some stuff out, but I've been shy of posting it up until others have had a chance to go out there, stomp around, and formulate some ideas of their own.

The only thing I will say is that I was thinking we could pull the drivers stand to the south and have the trackside rail roughly halfway across the drain basin. That would give us approximately 8' of setback from the track and give us another 10' or so of the area back for the track footprint.

We would need to build some sort of bridge across the gravel, as the engineers think it best if we aren't walking across the basin too much. I think it's simpler in execution than what I'm describing.

Otherwise, your drawing is pretty much bang on what I was thinking for the overall allocation of space and function.
Old 05-13-2012, 10:06 PM
Tech Adept

Todd,

Yeah, I was wondering about the catch, wasn't sure how the support for the front side of the stand would be in the middle there. Piers usually are set on dirt/5/8 minus. Are you thinking of covering some of the rocks and narrowing the road a bit?

T
Old 05-13-2012, 10:11 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 55 (100%+)

I like the drawing too. I would highly recommend adding extra dirt into the mix for elevation somewhere on the course. I have raced at allot of different courses around the region and elevation makes the course so much more fun.

Just my 2C
Old 05-14-2012, 08:39 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

just a little heads up, the County will be tearing down the Bowlake transfer station come July, there may be some materials that could be for railing and such.
Old 05-14-2012, 02:14 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by kjohnsiii
I like the drawing too. I would highly recommend adding extra dirt into the mix for elevation somewhere on the course. I have raced at allot of different courses around the region and elevation makes the course so much more fun.

Just my 2C
We will have to make it all slope towards the drainage though. Todd, is bobcat still in works for tomorrow? I realize has to wait for Kody since he is certified or at least knows how to use it.

I don't remember any cut logs leftover, but its too bad as we could use them for filler.

All I want is a wall turn with a large jump immediately after it..

Weird thought, but could the drivers stand be over the gravel drain? With ramps and steps coming from the fronts versus side. Would be more efficient use of space since the gravel area is a no mans land.
Old 05-14-2012, 05:25 PM
Tech Elite

Default Thursday Work Day

Track Build Day
Thursday, May 17
10am
North SeaTac Park

I'm ditching all other responsibilities this Thursday. We have a Bobcat, I have commitment from none other than the legendary Kung Fu Panda, I have a rake, and a shovel. It's time to move dirt. I know it's midweek and a workday for nearly everyone, but if you can join us, you're more than welcome.
Old 05-14-2012, 06:04 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Can someone bring extra shovels and such for those who don't have room to cart?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.