Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 06-15-2024, 07:50 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MonkeyCmonkeyDo
Still good for father's day live loop?
d
YES
tnbigdawg and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 06-16-2024, 07:54 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
I might race the sizzler but would only run Sat. Just finished building a new car and the sizzler would be its first run.

looking good Mike! Plan to have one done for the sizzler as well.
bshookup likes this.
Old 06-16-2024, 09:28 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Will great to have you back in TC. If anyone can get the full potential out of this car it’s you.
Kody likes this.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:22 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by malkiy
Will great to have you back in TC. If anyone can get the full potential out of this car it’s you.
you going to practice on friday? wouldn't mind comparing notes, I have a wedding on saturday so i won't see you then. unless i slip out early.
Old 06-17-2024, 08:31 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Unfortunately I can’t be there on Fri just Sat.
Old 06-17-2024, 07:21 PM
Tech Initiate

Thanks again for the live loop practice sessions! See ya'll at the Sizzler!
hanulec and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 06-18-2024, 11:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Anyone got any used or old usgt tires/wheels combo they wouldn't mind letting go of?
got my fwd going today/tonight. Wheels and tires are on order but I'd like to possibly run the car this weekend. Ty!
D
Old 06-19-2024, 06:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MonkeyCmonkeyDo
Anyone got any used or old usgt tires/wheels combo they wouldn't mind letting go of?
got my fwd going today/tonight. Wheels and tires are on order but I'd like to possibly run the car this weekend. Ty!
D
I have spares, will have them with me Fri-etc…
MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.
Old 06-23-2024, 05:24 PM
Tech Fanatic

I'm gonna keep this pg and say Heck yes! What a great weekend. Ty all who came and ty for having me and dealing with me. Lol. Hot rod car pics to follow.
d
Old 06-23-2024, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

tnbigdawg likes this.
Old 06-23-2024, 05:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

bshookup and tnbigdawg like this.
Old 06-23-2024, 10:12 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Summer Sizzler 2024

A quick note to thank the racers who turned out to support the 2024 Summer Sizzler. I am confident to report that we demonstrated a high standard of R/C racing throughout the weekend. It's obvious - and appropriate - to call out the podium finishers. At the same time, whether at the top or further down the sheet, there was a lot of skill on display.

In Vintage Trans-Am, Mike Clifton was a popular and deserving winner. Mike TQ'd the class on Saturday and defended his pole from tone to tone in A1 and A2 to take home the gold. Mike has been a steadfast contributor to local racing for decades. But, he doesn't like to rest on that tag alone, as credible as it is. Mike's a racer, so he has put in time at the track to improve his setup and driving, which has been evident this season. To cap it off with a dominant drive at the Sizzler is worthy.

USGT went to A3. Top Qualifier Brian Shook and Dave McLean each took a main, forcing a third to break the tie. As hard as he tried, Dave could not crack the unflappable Brian Shook. In A1 and A2 there was paint and passes traded, but Brian claimed A3 with a steady, start to finish drive. Yet another title for one of the Northwest's historical best racers.

Formula One was like a riotous family dinner with the patriarch Rich Mishko dishing out the turkey and potatoes but keeping the gravy boat in dock beside his plate. Generous - to a point - while keeping it real with the younglings. Devin did try to crash the party and bagged the silver for his efforts, but Rich is too handy and experienced with an R/C F1 car to yield the day to a rookie. The winter TCS champion took home the Sizzler gold, while the rest had to make do with figurative dry stuffing and hindquarter scraps.

Stock Touring sported the biggest class of the weekend. Since I was actually there, I remember the last time Canyon Thompson put in a serious Stock Touring drive - we were at the Timezone 2 ROAR Nationals, where he claimed the second qualifier spot behind Martin Crisp. Clearly, Canyon knows his way around a touring car. And while things have evolved since he last gripped a transmitter, a lot has remained the same. And by the drives on display this weekend, Canyon's skills have scarcely eroded. He took TQ with an Awesomatix 800R on loan from Stuart's bench. That said, and though he's as decent a man as you'll run across, it wasn't as if we were just going to roll over. Between them, Bodine and Dave put up a stout resistance. Canyon took A1, but he domed it in A2, opening the door for Dave to flash a win. Bodine meanwhile racked up two 2nds. Going into A3, it was all to play for with those three even on points. However, a fast car and talent to use it will tend to produce good things, and Canyon delivered the A3 win that netted him the Stock Touring gold.

Modified Touring was fully stocked with talented and experienced racers, no question. The Seattle Modified Touring field is no joke on any day, and a true gauntlet on Sizzler weekend. But as he has for the past several years, Stuart Mason offered and took no quarter. He took every round of qualifying and closed out the mains with two blazing drives. The only real drama emerged in A2 as he had to limp home the last 3-4 laps with a wounded car that popped off a link after he was collected by a spun out lapper. But even with a dangling flopping front corner, he was turning 12s and Korey could not quite close the prodigious gap Stuart had opened in the previous four minutes. The same Korey took home a nice silver medal, and Jake claimed bronze. Chapeau to all three for fully defending the house this year.

Thanks to everyone who pitched in throughout the event. Devin painted our temp pipes, so now the back straight has a nice, professional look with the removable piece in place. Brian and Jake made sure we raced on an immaculate track each day. Mike backed me up on mains day with his personal computer and decoder to give the guys their morning practice. And really, to everyone who kept the spirits up and the vibes positive while also racing with determination. That's the way to do it.

We have a full season ahead of us, so much more to come!
Old 06-24-2024, 04:25 PM
Tech Adept

Thanks for putting on a good show! I had a blast and the setting in the park was incredible. Such a nice facility. I heard there might be video of some of the races. That would be fun to see.

Thanks again for a super fun race!
shudson and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 06-26-2024, 12:20 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 8 (91%+)

Wow that sure was a fun weekend! I feel like I need to do it again. It was really great to see all the old faces and meet some of the new ones. I look forward to coming out again.
corallyman, hanulec, gwhiz and 1 others like this.
Old 07-01-2024, 09:30 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default BONUS RACE DAY: SATURDAY, JULY 6

Adding this coming Saturday to the race calendar. It's going to be a proper hot July day. Let's get some!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.