Old 05-30-2024, 03:06 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Racing this Saturday all! 6/1/24

set up @9am
open practice 10am
tqs @11!

-d
busman, Magnet Top and shudson like this.
Old 05-31-2024, 03:56 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

The track was pretty dialed today... Had a quick 1130-2p session
busman and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 05-31-2024, 04:26 PM
Tech Adept

Looks like RRR canceled tomorrow already so im gonna make the trip down.
Old 05-31-2024, 06:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

We look fwd to having u luckyduckie. Early morning for u.
see you at the track. Feel free to pm any of us with any questions or just go with the flow. Program comes off as serious and professional but we are all pretty laid back one on one.
again, see you at the track =)
-d
busman likes this.
Old 06-01-2024, 09:28 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default Mod TC Video

A race day at SeaTac never disappoints. Thanks for coming down and joining us Mihai. Posted below is the mod A2 main that Greg shot for us. See you all at the Sizzler
Mod A2 Main 6-1-24
Old 06-02-2024, 01:14 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Summer Sizzler - Formula One

Originally Posted by Miskhomatic
Todd,
Is it possible to add the F1 class and see if we can get turnout? It is not on the signups, and I think that would be the first time it was not on the list since forever. I am okay with it being dropped later due to low signups, but to not even have it as an option seems like an oversight. I know of several f1 drivers who could be tempted to run...
I have lost to many of them.
I had a chance to talk to some guys yesterday about F1. It's true the class has not materialized for club racing. Which does not necessarily preclude it from having a slot at the Sizzler.

Tell you what I'll do. I'll add it to RCSignUp. If it gets at least five entries by the week before, which is roughly when I'll order trophies, it will be a trophy class. If it does not, but it still shows on the weekend with at least five cars, then we can run - no trophies though.
bshookup and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 06-02-2024, 02:28 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2024 Club Race #3

A wet spring in Seattle has hung over our season. Understandable to assume otherwise, but rain outs have historically been rare. As a rule, we challenge the forecasts unless they are really dire, and often enough we get in a race day despite chances of rain. Yesterday was a good example. We arrived in the 8 o'clock hour to a damp track. But with some application of the blower and helpful breakthroughs of sun, we were practicing by 9:30. Happily, we enjoyed a nice turnout in our core classes, and as is typical for us, intense racing across the board.

Also of note. Despite being eight years into the track's history, we treated ourselves to a fresh layout, one we have never raced in competition. It felt like a brand new track, and it proved to be racy. I predict it will be a favorite in the coming seasons.

In Vintage Trans Am, a tip of the hat to super veteran and legend of the local scene, Mike Clifton, for putting in work and showing that program improvements follow for anyone who puts in the work. Mike has been showing up strong this season, especially in VTA. He TQ'd with two solid qualifying runs. We run a double main format with moto tie breaker. This keeps it interesting. Mike and Greg had a terrific fight in A1, with Greg coming out aces late in the race. But it wasn't settled. A2 served up excitement as Mike had to retire while in the lead. After a couple laps to sort it out, Shook took over the lead, but his A1 had been a bust. Greg also broke out of A2 early, so this left it open for Albert to post a solid second. This garnered Albert the points to take the overall, proving that to finish first, you must first finish. Speed AND consistency win races. Props to young Lindsay for her progress. She's been taking her starts in the VTA class. With the pace she showed yesterday, I've given clear direction she needs to hit the spec going forward. No more Novice for her. Well done!

USGT was a 2 X 2 contest between front wheel drives and touring cars. Front wheel drives are included in the USGT national rules. They have to run the same motor and tires, a scale body, but have no minimum weight. It works well to equalize the on-track performance. Franko and Albert faced off, with Franko running FWD and Albert a TC. Albert took Q1, but Franko answered in Q2 with a TQ. Both mains were close, back and forth battles, with Albert coming out on top both times. Mike and Micah also enjoyed good battles for the 3rd spot.

In Stock TC, Marc is rounding into form just in time for the Sizzler. He's taken the Stock TC Sizzler crown before, and with the pace on display yesterday, he has to be considered the favorite. I apply that pressure deliberately! He took the TQ and won both mains. I was able to take second overall, though that was more about consistency than outright speed. Across the field, Stock TC was a close contest. Everyone had good pace, and the spread was narrow. It will be a good Sizzler if this is an indication.

Finally, it is a point of pride that Seattle reliably fields a quality Modified TC effort. This is good for us, and also for anyone visiting from out of town as they can count on a good race for their efforts. Mihai, down from the Great White North, both brought good form and enjoyed the challenge of ours in return. Overall, the Canadian Modified TC tradition is strong, which I have observed firsthand at large races over the past many years. So, we can't be surprised that Mihai, one of the top drivers from BC, posted a TQ in the class. Having attended TITC earlier in the year, he is hardened to travel and high level competition. Shook, though, was quietly working on his new whip. Yesterday was his debut of the new Mi9. Come the mains, Brian had made his adjustments and proceeded to dunk on the field in A1 and A2. Something to appreciate is the diversity of chassis on the outdoor surfaces. Mihai is on an Axon, Jake of course on the Awesomatix, and Brian on the Schumacher. All looked great. Here is a video of the A2 race to prove the point.

https://youtu.be/U2u7mOp5vLo?si=43nbMZHtX2ehMOXD

We take a two-week break before the Summer Sizzler.

Results from the day at LiveRC.

https://srcrscoring.liverc.com/results/
OVA, bshookup, hanulec and 3 others like this.
Old 06-03-2024, 10:40 AM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
I had a chance to talk to some guys yesterday about F1. It's true the class has not materialized for club racing. Which does not necessarily preclude it from having a slot at the Sizzler.

Tell you what I'll do. I'll add it to RCSignUp. If it gets at least five entries by the week before, which is roughly when I'll order trophies, it will be a trophy class. If it does not, but it still shows on the weekend with at least five cars, then we can run - no trophies though.
Totally fair! Thanks Todd!
Old 06-03-2024, 12:33 PM
Tech Apprentice

Ok, calling on the area F1 guys to sign up. Brian, Albert, Devin, Mark, all the NORA guys that run F1, in addition to David Miskho, Billy, Sharna and myself: should make a solid class.
Old 06-03-2024, 05:09 PM
Tech Fanatic

Ill sign up for f1 as soon as I can on rcsignups. says its full rn and idk if its open for registration yet.
Only plan to do one class so ill either drop into vta or stick with f1 if we get enough.
-d

Last edited by MonkeyCmonkeyDo; 06-03-2024 at 06:47 PM.
Old 06-03-2024, 07:35 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default apropos of nothing

OVA likes this.
Old 06-04-2024, 01:12 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am signed up and have let Todd know that Sharna, David and Billy are all in. You make 5!
MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.
Old 06-04-2024, 03:22 PM
Tech Fanatic

Signed up for the two but only paid for 1. Worried about calling 21.5 stock and racing two classes and it being too much.
Maybe we can keep vta and f1 separate enough in the heats? Or someone else can fill in?
Really looking fwd to racing f1 with you and your family and running a pack of f1 cars together.
I need to find time to play with my tire warmers and my f1 cars in the next two weeks. The tire warmers are new to me.
Idk if her or her dads on here but my apologies again, Im sorry for rear ending you lindsay on the start on the grid. I meant to go around. My bad. I tucked your body and hit you hard. :/
-d
Old 06-04-2024, 09:44 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

[QUOTE=MonkeyCmonkeyDo,
Idk if her or her dads on here but my apologies again, Im sorry for rear ending you lindsay on the start on the grid. I meant to go around. My bad. I tucked your body and hit you hard. :/
-d[/QUOTE]

AND Right there is why, and we have asked for this, But has been ignored, Forget the ifmar starts and do heads up for quals, Heads up qualifying, This way everyone can be a bit more comfortable with soft pedaling into the first couple of corners. Not everyone is on the top tier, Heads up will teach this, it should make for better sessions for everyone, But what do I know, I’m just an old idiot!
Old 06-04-2024, 11:31 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 87 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
AND Right there is why, and we have asked for this, But has been ignored, Forget the ifmar starts and do heads up for quals, Heads up qualifying, This way everyone can be a bit more comfortable with soft pedaling into the first couple of corners. Not everyone is on the top tier, Heads up will teach this, it should make for better sessions for everyone, But what do I know, I’m just an old idiot!
I dont think so...they do this in Canada and I hated the head up start qualifying
.you only a split sec difference from each other and both driver are consciously fighting for their position instead of running their own clock..
MonkeyCmonkeyDo you need to be patient ..you have six minutes in the races
IFMAR Rules

Last edited by OVA; 06-04-2024 at 11:51 PM. Reason: add names

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.