Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree770Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 05-22-2024, 08:57 PM
  #2761  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,331
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by busman
outdoors, unbelted are specified, and are faster on asphalt.

Welcome to Frontyville!
when is the next practices day ?
Lukyduckie likes this.
OVA is offline  
Old 05-22-2024, 09:43 PM
  #2762  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (4)
 
MonkeyCmonkeyDo's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2023
Location: Puyallup, WA. USA
Posts: 888
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

3 day weekend. Ill b up their.
-d
MonkeyCmonkeyDo is online now  
Old 05-22-2024, 09:46 PM
  #2763  
Tech Fanatic
iTrader: (1)
 
gwhiz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2008
Posts: 968
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default


something old, something new
gwhiz is offline  
Old 05-22-2024, 11:55 PM
  #2764  
Tech Elite
Thread Starter
iTrader: (1)
 
PutAwayWet's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2007
Location: Seattle, WA
Posts: 2,733
Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default 2024 Summer Sizzler

Attached Files
busman, bshookup, gwhiz and 2 others like this.
PutAwayWet is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 07:52 AM
  #2765  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
bshookup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Looking forward to the Sizzler! I wanted to confirm that the specs tire is the slick D Spec 32 tire with a #2511 insert as opposed to the D-GT Spec 32 treaded tires that people have had surprisingly good results with.
bshookup is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 07:59 AM
  #2766  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,084
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bshookup
Looking forward to the Sizzler! I wanted to confirm that the specs tire is the slick D Spec 32 tire with a #2511 insert as opposed to the D-GT Spec 32 treaded tires that people have had surprisingly good results with.
For touring car classes the spec tire is the D-Spec 32 *slick* on *black spoke wheels* with *2511 insert*

Specifically :
Sweep
43032913Р
D-SPEC R3PG
10th TC Rubber Tire 24mm 32deg 4pc Set Pre-glued
Black Spoke Wheel(#2407)/ TRUSPIN SOFT Insert(#2511)

Cheers, Jake
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 01:48 PM
  #2767  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
bshookup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
For touring car classes the spec tire is the D-Spec 32 *slick* on *black spoke wheels* with *2511 insert*

Specifically :
Sweep
43032913Р
D-SPEC R3PG
10th TC Rubber Tire 24mm 32deg 4pc Set Pre-glued
Black Spoke Wheel(#2407)/ TRUSPIN SOFT Insert(#2511)

Cheers, Jake
Awesome. Thanks Jake
bshookup is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 02:16 PM
  #2768  
OVA
Tech Lord
iTrader: (86)
 
OVA's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2002
Location: WASHINGTON
Posts: 10,331
Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
For touring car classes the spec tire is the D-Spec 32 *slick* on *black spoke wheels* with *2511 insert*

Specifically :
Sweep
43032913Р
D-SPEC R3PG
10th TC Rubber Tire 24mm 32deg 4pc Set Pre-glued
Black Spoke Wheel(#2407)/ TRUSPIN SOFT Insert(#2511)

Cheers, Jake
question : People asking me .. will the track will be Spray?
OVA is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 02:37 PM
  #2769  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
busman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Enumclaw, Washington
Posts: 1,716
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OVA
question : People asking me .. will the track will be Spray?
Did you read the post by Jake?
busman is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 05:13 PM
  #2770  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,084
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by OVA
question : People asking me .. will the track will be Spray?
Same as last year , no spray. Honestly, thankfully itís a relatively high grip surface which allows a consistent result run to run on practice days or race days alike ( no need or want to use sugar water or the like, we are very lucky, we have such consistent grip without. It allows people to go to the track anytime to get their stuff dialed whenever they can.
bshookup and angrymelon like this.
Magnet Top is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 05:45 PM
  #2771  
R/C Tech Elite Member
iTrader: (28)
 
hanulec's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2007
Location: @ the post office
Posts: 10,304
Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)
Default

Happy to see a spec tire!
busman and Magnet Top like this.
hanulec is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 07:26 PM
  #2772  
Tech Master
iTrader: (21)
 
bshookup's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2005
Location: Olympia, WA
Posts: 1,654
Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Magnet Top
Same as last year , no spray. Honestly, thankfully itís a relatively high grip surface which allows a consistent result run to run on practice days or race days alike ( no need or want to use sugar water or the like, we are very lucky, we have such consistent grip without. It allows people to go to the track anytime to get their stuff dialed whenever they can.
I keep thinking about how to do a better job selling the fact that we don't spray. I like your language. If someone asks if we are going to spray. An answer is, "actually our traction is so good and consistent we don't need to. I don't know how we got so lucky." No spray really is a feature, not a bug.
bshookup is offline  
Old 05-23-2024, 07:44 PM
  #2773  
Tech Master
iTrader: (3)
 
busman's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2003
Location: Enumclaw, Washington
Posts: 1,716
Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by bshookup
I keep thinking about how to do a better job selling the fact that we don't spray. I like your language. If someone asks if we are going to spray. An answer is, "actually our traction is so good and consistent we don't need to. I don't know how we got so lucky." No spray really is a feature, not a bug.
itís the same as most peopleís uneducated view about Electric Vehicles, They have it in their minds you must spray for traction, just like most think there must be 400mile range for an electric vehicle, even though the vast majority only drive round trip less than 100 miles.

it becomes quite difficult to change a predisposed mind!
busman is offline  
Old 05-24-2024, 09:03 AM
  #2774  
Tech Adept
 
Join Date: Dec 2014
Location: Canada BC
Posts: 100
Default

Originally Posted by busman
itís the same as most peopleís uneducated view about Electric Vehicles, They have it in their minds you must spray for traction, just like most think there must be 400mile range for an electric vehicle, even though the vast majority only drive round trip less than 100 miles.
Respectfully I think you are missing the point. We all assume you want a large turnout for your event. Your track prep or lack thereof and any advantages for your local guys are just that, local. Given that all of your neighboring tracks spray as part of their prep regimen as well as most tracks in the world with England being an exception I would assume that you can see how asking someone to drive for 6 hours round trip and pay for a hotel for 2 nights to run around on a surface they are not familiar with is reaching.

I am interested in coming down for this race and although the spray no spray is not a deciding factor for me the turnout will be.
Lukyduckie is offline  
Old 05-24-2024, 09:22 AM
  #2775  
Tech Elite
iTrader: (4)
 
Magnet Top's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2008
Location: Seattle
Posts: 2,084
Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default

Originally Posted by Lukyduckie
Respectfully I think you are missing the point. We all assume you want a large turnout for your event. Your track prep or lack thereof and any advantages for your local guys are just that, local. Given that all of your neighboring tracks spray as part of their prep regimen as well as most tracks in the world with England being an exception I would assume that you can see how asking someone to drive for 6 hours round trip and pay for a hotel for 2 nights to run around on a surface they are not familiar with is reaching.

I am interested in coming down for this race and although the spray no spray is not a deciding factor for me the turnout will be.
I appreciate your viewpoint. I also appreciate that it's a long way to travel. That being said a fellow came to race with us just last year as skeptical as anyone about the grip level, he travelled from Florida and finished as second qualifier and third overall in mod. He attended the Friday practice only. I know he wants to attend this year and is looking for a good deal on flights. He's made statements about the grip level being quite good, and unexpected, that you wouldn't know it was not prepped. ( I hope I'm paraphrasing him accurately ). Basically, yeah, it takes a leap of faith and turnout is based on perception, point taken. But as almost all of us in the club have experienced it, grip is quite good overall, but the main thing we enjoy is no greasy periods during the day that our various sugar/soda pop water prep always seemed to create. Grip is more consistent through the day, outside of the evening "happy hour" when grip is nuts ( awesome ) so setup or tire choice doesn't matter, everything works. Basically, it's hard for us to ignore what we experience first hand over the last few years.

We hope you can make the journey and have some fun with us.

Cheers,

Jake
Magnet Top is offline  

Thread Tools
Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.