Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree645Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 03-30-2024, 08:53 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Track Cleanup and 2024 Race Rules Update

A solid crew arrived at the track this morning for Spring cleaning: Clifton, Jake, Ritchie, Sam, FJ, and myself raked, pulled weeds, and spruced the place up. Overall, the track rode out the winter beautifully. All the berms and barriers are in place, the pavement is still smooth, and the stand is tidy. One thing I am working on is to improve our pit infrastructure, particularly along the straight. I have thoughts about what to do and will undertake the machinations to get it done.

Some jackwagons had a go at the storage box. They did not succeed in getting in, or carrying it off, but they pried on it pretty well.

OK, some rules updates.

USVTA
For motors, we will track to the national rules as posted on the USVTA website:

Motor Specifications
Any ROAR approved 25.5 motor that is on the ROAR list and only 12.3 rotor Novak SS25.5 Pro brushless motor (pn:3425V) or Ballistic 25.5 (pn:3625V-stator only pn:S6625) Club (pn:3331) or Boss (pn:3626V) are grandfathered in and also legal.

Gravity GRC2025 SCALE SPEC 25.5 (30deg fixed timing) is also legal. As of July 1, 2024, this will be the only legal motor for USVTA racing.

So, USVTA racers can use their ROAR-legal motors through the Sizzler, but after that it's the Gravity only. We are otherwise sticking with the national rules, with the same exceptions as last year. We allow any ROAR-approved LiPo battery, and you don't have to mount driver figures (though for sure, on the latter, it's the stylish choice.) Note as well the two tire choices - Pro-Line and Gravity.

USGT
We're moving to the Gravity motor. Per the rules:

Motor Specifications
The only legal motor for USGT will be the USGT Spec motor #GRC2000.

We will stick with the rest of the rules.

21.5 Stock and Modified Touring
We are following ROAR rules to the letter.

There is no spec tire for club racing this year. We do anticipate spec'ing tires for the Summer Sizzler and Regionals. No, we have not made a selection.

GT PRO Spec
This is a classic Tamiya class we are happy to add this year, and we hope to build a turnout. Our intention is to follow the TCS rules generally, and mirror Galaxy's rules specifically, including the spec tire for the 2024 season.

We are two weeks out! Time to wrench. See you at the track.
angrymelon, gwhiz and shudson like this.
Old 03-31-2024, 08:45 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

I purchased a xpress FT1S front wheel drive chassis for $159 built it to kit specs, used a usgt spec motor, threw on some very worn USGT tires and a gorilla body,
ran a few laps at the track on saturday, not a bad car, got a little setup advice and I think its a going to be a fun little car.
just trying cheaper options for racing to get more involved or for current racers to add a class.
Old 04-06-2024, 05:19 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Opening day opening day!
It's coming up. Anyone else praying to Ra the sun god? Lol.
So what's everyone running 1st day? Like skypilot asked...?
Gonna stick to 21.5, vta, and pro 10 this yr at seatac. I'd love to run f1 as usual and will bring it just in case a group of 3 shows!
-d
Old 04-06-2024, 05:36 PM
Tech Fanatic

Originally Posted by MonkeyCmonkeyDo
Opening day opening day!
It's coming up. Anyone else praying to Ra the sun god? Lol.
So what's everyone running 1st day? Like skypilot asked...?
Gonna stick to 21.5, vta, and pro 10 this yr at seatac. I'd love to run f1 as usual and will bring it just in case a group of 3 shows!
-d
VTA
Not praying to any bird lookin fool though.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.
Old 04-06-2024, 09:40 PM
Tech Elite

Stock TC for me!

I think we will be ok on weather. Overcast and cool. Probably looking at 32s, maybe even 28s.
gwhiz and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 04-07-2024, 01:07 PM
Tech Addict

So I have some 32x and 28x rush tires.
Can i use the tc01 tamiya +2 offset rims and the foam insert from the tamiya tire and mount a set or am i better off getting some dish tc wheels and no foam insert? They didn't come with any insert or foam just rubber tires in the packages. I had some shumacher rims but my dog got one and used it as a teething chew toy.
d
Old 04-07-2024, 01:59 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

So I have some 32x and 28x rush tires.
Can i use the tc01 tamiya +2 offset rims and the foam insert from the tamiya tire and mount a set or am i better off getting some dish tc wheels and no foam insert? They didn't come with any insert or foam just rubber tires in the packages. I had some shumacher rims but my dog got one and used it as a teething chew toy.
d
Iím not speaking for Todd, but from where Iím sitting, When Todd states open tire! Well that might be what he means.
Only concern is will the offset affect handling?
Might ask Franco, Pretty sure he has the final word on all things RC
Old 04-07-2024, 07:34 PM
Tech Addict

Guess ill do some measuring and playing with them tonight. Not set in stone till the glue anyways.
idk how much handling change from the offset will be present either till i mount em and try em. Swap and compare to some premounts
d
busman likes this.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:18 PM
Tech Fanatic

Guess ill do some measuring and playing with them tonight. Not set in stone till the glue anyways.
idk how much handling change from the offset will be present either till i mount em and try em. Swap and compare to some premounts
d
Are the rims 26mm wide? Those tires might be meant to go on a 24mm wide rim. You can make the tires fit a 26 but it is less than optimal, especially when it comes to inserts.

Edit: never mind they are 24mm rims.

Last edited by gwhiz; 04-07-2024 at 08:21 PM. Reason: I was wrong.
Old 04-07-2024, 08:22 PM
Tech Addict

Idk. I'm gonna measure tonight when I get from work with calipers.
d
Old 04-07-2024, 09:03 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Idk. I'm gonna measure tonight when I get from work with calipers.
d
If you use the 26mm rim , you get less side wall or bite but more corner speed
over all the 24mm is perfect
Old 04-09-2024, 12:02 PM
Tech Apprentice

Originally Posted by skypilot
I purchased a xpress FT1S front wheel drive chassis for $159 built it to kit specs, used a usgt spec motor, threw on some very worn USGT tires and a gorilla body,
ran a few laps at the track on saturday, not a bad car, got a little setup advice and I think its a going to be a fun little car.
just trying cheaper options for racing to get more involved or for current racers to add a class.
I also have one of these ready to roll. However mini's should be running mini tires and wheels.
Old 04-09-2024, 03:19 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)
Default ????

Originally Posted by Ken Vannice
I also have one of these ready to roll. However mini's should be running mini tires and wheels.
Ken the big Ken! I have one or those as well, We sat them side by side yesterday, Put both on corner scales to compare, Big issue being! They arenít Minis, Both are full size 1/10, Franco also has two full size Frontyís

Weíd be more than accommodating in regards to your running a Mini with us.

Or did I miss something?
Old 04-09-2024, 04:02 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Ken Vannice
I'm confused by this, the FT1 is a full size chassis. same wheel base and track as a regular 1/10 sedan. I would like to see your car, if you're not
busy saturday stop by for a show and tell. or even better stay and race, its been a while since we raced.
busman and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 04-09-2024, 05:17 PM
Tech Rookie

With the fwd cars, are you guys going to run USGT motors and tires?

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.