Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree589Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 09-04-2023, 11:24 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

21.5 and VTA turnouts have been great! We should keep it going in 2024!

Note to self--- get a faster 21.5 motor!
​​​​
busman and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old Yesterday, 11:10 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

take this with a grain of salt, (whatever that means)
outdoor racing is just around the corner...so here are some random thoughts of mine.
I think just about everyone has a Gravity USGT 21.5 by now., however last year many of us were not happy with the USGT tires so we decided to switch to 21.5
sedan and USGT went away, I for one prefer the body choices of USGT over the sedan. So i had a thought, USGT 21.5, USGT bodies, figure out a spec gearing,
and sedan tires, but not on a dish wheel and most importantly heads up starts. the track is open enough and big enough to support heads up starts, and I think it will
create 4 rounds of fun for the drivers and spectators.
so then the question becomes, what happens to successful and growing 21.5 sedan class. I don't know. will there be enough racers to support both classes? I don't know.
will this also affect the VTA class? I don't know.
and that brings up another question, and probably the most important one, what can we do to attract more racers?
again, just random thoughts, don't get too excited.

Old Yesterday, 01:36 PM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
outdoor racing is just around the corner...so here are some random thoughts of mine.
I think just about everyone has a Gravity USGT 21.5 by now., however last year many of us were not happy with the USGT tires so we decided to switch to 21.5
sedan and USGT went away, I for one prefer the body choices of USGT over the sedan. So i had a thought, USGT 21.5, USGT bodies, figure out a spec gearing,
and sedan tires, but not on a dish wheel and most importantly heads up starts. the track is open enough and big enough to support heads up starts, and I think it will
so then the question becomes, what happens to successful and growing 21.5 sedan class. I don't know. will there be enough racers to support both classes? I don't know.
and that brings up another question, and probably the most important one, what can we do to attract more racers?
1 Reduce the cost of races fee
thats what i heard from others
2 Maybe start the 25.5 motor TT02 classes?

Last edited by OVA; Yesterday at 10:48 PM.
Old Yesterday, 02:56 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Do we have a fb or ig? I'm not on either but it's today's media.
id start a 1/12 class. Tamiyas or the pan cars. Most already have 1 or the other. The carpet guys might need another chassis not sure. I think 25.5 is present in vta and summer sizzler f1 but I'm not against 25.5 tc
D
Old Yesterday, 04:54 PM
Tech Apprentice

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Originally Posted by skypilot
In any form of racing I think there are two major factors to getting people to participate. One is having a easy to find or remember schedule with plenty of notice (second sat of the month etc.). The second is consistent rule packages. Rule changes or class changes always cause problems. Racers either don't want to invest in new stuff, or you end up dividing the group based on how they feel about a given change. Therefore I would be a proponent of just saying its ROAR 21.5 touring car, and leaving it at that.

A very simple class with low barrier to entry can also work, but my experience with this is that you end up getting a bunch of the "good" guys in there and then it becomes not as fun for the newer entries. TT02 Cup style classes are huge in some areas.

The last thing I will say is that the attitude of the people at the track really matters. One of the biggest turn offs for new people is feeling intimidated by the attitudes or competitiveness of the people there. We should all share info, help others with problems we see, and get better together.

My experience with this club is that for the most part this is a non-issue. Especially from the leadership. Just something to keep in mind when you see new people or even experienced people who are struggling.

Zack
Old Yesterday, 05:27 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by ZackM
In any form of racing I think there are two major factors to getting people to participate. One is having a easy to find or remember schedule with plenty of notice (second sat of the month etc.). The second is consistent rule packages. Rule changes or class changes always cause problems. Racers either don't want to invest in new stuff, or you end up dividing the group based on how they feel about a given change. Therefore I would be a proponent of just saying its ROAR 21.5 touring car, and leaving it at that.

A very simple class with low barrier to entry can also work, but my experience with this is that you end up getting a bunch of the "good" guys in there and then it becomes not as fun for the newer entries. TT02 Cup style classes are huge in some areas.

The last thing I will say is that the attitude of the people at the track really matters. One of the biggest turn offs for new people is feeling intimidated by the attitudes or competitiveness of the people there. We should all share info, help others with problems we see, and get better together.

My experience with this club is that for the most part this is a non-issue. Especially from the leadership. Just something to keep in mind when you see new people or even experienced people who are struggling.

Zack
that TT02 class looks promising, 150 or less for a car, 40 bucks for a battery, around a 100 for radio, when someone asks how much are those, it'd be nice to show them one and say $200 vs $1000.
I might buy one to have on hand as a loaner.
Old Yesterday, 05:29 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

I thought being competitive was appropriate in racing. Maybe I have a whole brain of salt.