Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree797Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 08-11-2023, 04:39 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)
Default Working Saturdays

Hi all
any chance for f1 or pro10 at the season finale?
getting a 4wd touring car together and trying to get some of the off road guys I race with to come join us on road.
Hard to pick between vta and the 21.5 stock class.
looking for a class to drop into basically when i get the car together. Lol.
Thanks!
Devin
Old 08-11-2023, 05:15 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Originally Posted by MonkeyCmonkeyDo
Hi all
any chance for f1 or pro10 at the season finale?
getting a 4wd touring car together and trying to get some of the off road guys I race with to come join us on road.
Hard to pick between vta and the 21.5 stock class.
looking for a class to drop into basically when i get the car together. Lol.
Thanks!
Devin
Pro 10 is a bit of a novelty in this area, days gone by and all that, 200mm like I have, Todd also, 200mm seems to be a better fit for our area, I was running the Red one last weekend, I intend to hopefully rally a few more 200mm foamheads to muster a regular class for them next season, We shall see, Alex could just as well scale back his A12 hybrid to 200mm as well. As I said you really need to come and talk to us and get some help, more than willing to impart whatever screwed up insight we can muster, You would be better served at this point to concentrate your efforts on VTA or 21.5 sedan, which will transform to 25.5 for indoor carpet, VTA will remain 25.5 as we move indoors, as fall rears itís chilly,crisp, foggy head we will soon be gathering to the Hanger 30 up at Magnuson Park every other Wednesday night.

Who knows, Counting on Alex to market his Frankenmatic as a conversion kit soon, Alex, you listening?

As a side note, F1 seems to be hit or miss, I for one always bring 4-5 cars with me, thus I can pick and choose what seems to be the prevalent class for that day, I will be running F1 indoors this winter providing ample competitors a showing, Last winter we trekked north to NORA in Mt Vernon at the Fairgrounds, every other Saturday as well.
MonkeyCmonkeyDo likes this.

Last edited by busman; 08-11-2023 at 05:32 PM.
Old 08-11-2023, 08:25 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 46 (100%+)

Hi,
I guess I should answer if there will be an A12 to Pro10 or 200mm 1/10 pan car conversion soon. By the way, I am dubbing it the Bad Robot A10, to keep it separate of any that come from the factory. So, its kind of doubtful I can get the parts together before we run out of outdoor season. I am currently trying to get my shop electrical done, the walls insulated and sheet rocked so I can work in it over the winter months, it is taking my spare time. Nonetheless, I will look into it and see if anything can come together quickly enough... don't hold your breath unless you want to turn blue.

My 2 cents on the stock class going to 21.5, yeah, it is needed and already happening around the country. Personally I think USGT could be lower powered as well to help make for a reasonable class for newer racers. Our sport needs an entry level class. It should be reasonable for a newer racer to run at speeds that won't break many things as they learn, and be by the rules a relatively even performance class and not a class that is about spending more, or finding the cheat to go faster.

Or, we could also go back to how it was when I started and raced for many years; one class, and you drove to the level in quals to be in the main you belonged. Doubt anyone would want to regress and lose all the interesting variations we now have available I suppose.

-a
:-)
busman likes this.
Old 08-14-2023, 05:12 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

Originally Posted by busman
Pro 10 is a bit of a novelty in this area, days gone by and all that, 200mm like I have, Todd also, 200mm seems to be a better fit for our area, I was running the Red one last weekend, I intend to hopefully rally a few more 200mm foamheads to muster a regular class for them next season, We shall see, Alex could just as well scale back his A12 hybrid to 200mm as well. As I said you really need to come and talk to us and get some help, more than willing to impart whatever screwed up insight we can muster, You would be better served at this point to concentrate your efforts on VTA or 21.5 sedan, which will transform to 25.5 for indoor carpet, VTA will remain 25.5 as we move indoors, as fall rears itís chilly,crisp, foggy head we will soon be gathering to the Hanger 30 up at Magnuson Park every other Wednesday night.

Who knows, Counting on Alex to market his Frankenmatic as a conversion kit soon, Alex, you listening?

As a side note, F1 seems to be hit or miss, I for one always bring 4-5 cars with me, thus I can pick and choose what seems to be the prevalent class for that day, I will be running F1 indoors this winter providing ample competitors a showing, Last winter we trekked north to NORA in Mt Vernon at the Fairgrounds, every other Saturday as well.
I for one, will NOT be running indoors with you long winded, big worded, short pant no sock wearing cowboys.
small words, brief, and buy my fish and chips and I may ride with you. LOL
busman likes this.
Old 08-14-2023, 05:46 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by skypilot
I for one, will NOT be running indoors with you long winded, big worded, short pant no sock wearing cowboys.
small words, brief, and buy my fish and chips and I may ride with you. LOL
Even if I buy you a new dress? I mean WTF, Do you have any idea how much Fish and Chips cost these days? I could get you on Project Runway for half the cost.
Old 08-14-2023, 05:58 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by busman
Even if I buy you a new dress? I mean WTF, Do you have any idea how much Fish and Chips cost these days? I could get you on Project Runway for half the cost.
deal
Old 08-15-2023, 05:30 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Exclamation I like big chonks and I cannot lie

Ivar's 3-piece fish and chips will set you back $24. That's for Cod. 4-piece is $27.
If you want Halibut its still $24 but you only get two chonks. $29 for three chonks of Halibut.
LOL
busman likes this.
Old 08-15-2023, 03:04 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by gwhiz
Ivar's 3-piece fish and chips will set you back $24. That's for Cod. 4-piece is $27.
If you want Halibut its still $24 but you only get two chonks. $29 for three chonks of Halibut.
LOL
thats outrageous so I gotta find a dress for $14.50
Old 08-17-2023, 05:26 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2wd racing

-

Last edited by MonkeyCmonkeyDo; 08-17-2023 at 05:33 PM. Reason: mulitpost delete**
Old 08-17-2023, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default 2wd racing

Hello all
Bring your f1s and or pro10s 235mm this weekend! Post up here if u plan on coming with them so I have someone to run with.
lol ty
if not, I'll try and have a 4wd tc ready. 21.5 is what I got and what I'll bring. The body might be my set back but I have a crappy Nascar body to cover my guts and ineards if I really need to. Lol. With 3 days of racing every weekend this is the day I'll skip if no 2wd show up.
Thanks!
Devin
Old 08-18-2023, 01:14 PM
Tech Fanatic

Default oh, look

busman and MonkeyCmonkeyDo like this.
Old 08-20-2023, 06:50 AM
Tech Master

Well, The next to last Tarmac meeting was a resounding success, Unfortunately a couple a mainstay characters were unable to attend, something about a relative having a 90th birthday, congratulations on that milestone, missed you were, quite a few others were missing too.

I’m thinking VTA and 21.5 stock are proving to be great fun and racing, Close racing, some of the best we’ve seen in some time, Thanks to everyone who were there, Fun times

Nice to see a returning pavement pounder in Sam, see you again in 2 weeks

Thank You Devin for manning the Mic for the Stock main

Lets try to entice a few of your fellow racers to attend our final adventure outdoors for 23, After that it’s Time to prepare for indoor rug action and coming gloom of fall/winter

Before we can blink it’ll be 2024 and Outdoors we’ll be.
hanulec, gwhiz, shudson and 1 others like this.
Old 08-20-2023, 11:28 AM
Tech Master

To expand on yesterday, Not to forget the Southend Boys, Brian,Greg,Albert, Always fun and close racing, makes for really really fun fender rubbing, Good to see Joer pull through the carnage, collect that loose Mustang and slot firmly into 2nd place, goes to show the need the persevere, clean drive and take advantage of mishaps. As for Greg Stevens, it would appear to be making runs up the leaderboard every outing is a common theme, A slash of color on the Mean Green Machine would be good for a couple seconds a lap as it’s easier for us old geriatric pissheads to see.

Always fun when the Big guy Bodine takes a break from drowning bait to skid a bit on the Asphalt.

Many thanks to Mr.Mason for keeping us alive and well.

Devin did a pretty smart stint in the mic, Keep that in mind Todd.

All the missing guys you missed out, See you all soon
bshookup and hanulec like this.
Old 08-20-2023, 01:23 PM
Tech Fanatic

No kidding. At times my car seems to completely blend into the background.

busman and bshookup like this.
Old 08-20-2023, 02:18 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by gwhiz
No kidding. At times my car seems to completely blend into the background.
A most excellent meme

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Your Privacy Choices -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.