Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree651Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 07-20-2023, 03:35 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

21.5 Stock Sedan this Saturday, Come join us in a class that isn’t 2/10 a second off Mod sedan,

Super Stock is fun, But this should be substantially easier on tires and theoretically closer racing for everyone.

Gonna be warm, so bring extra fluids, Stay hydrated
hanulec likes this.
Old 07-21-2023, 05:54 AM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Cool Perfect conditions for waxing your crescent

busman likes this.
Old 07-22-2023, 05:28 PM
Tech Fanatic

Well that was some fun racing, and spectating.
Here's the mod main, recorded on a pocket potato.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yjjjwukHIMM
bshookup and Magnet Top like this.
Old 07-27-2023, 09:20 PM
Tech Adept

Hey all,

It's been awhile since I have posted. I've been out of the R/C game since leaving Hobbytown for greener pastures in January. It's with heavy heart that I write this post....good friend and fellow R/C racer Dave Hawley suffered a heart attack and passed away on Monday. Dave was a polarizing guy....either you loved him or you hated him. I knew him as a man of great generosity and one of the most talented artists I have ever seen. Whatever side you were on with Dave, he would have given you the shirt off his back if you were in need.

Rest in peace Dave Hawley.
Allkair likes this.

Last edited by Nortran11; 07-28-2023 at 10:15 AM.
Old 08-07-2023, 07:57 AM
Tech Initiate

Hey there!

Been out of the hobby for quite a while. Looking to join in for the last two races of the year in Seatac on 8/19 and 9/2 in 21.5 touring.

Few questions as its been a while. What type of tires are legal at Seatac? Any ROAR approved touring car tire or does it have to be Jaco Blues like Magnussen Park?

Do I need to purchase a transponder or ROAR membership?

Last edited by shudson; 08-07-2023 at 05:39 PM.
Old 08-07-2023, 09:56 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by shudson
Hey there!

Been out of the hobby for 20 years. Looking to join in for the last two races of the year in Seatac on 8/19 and 9/2 in 21.5 touring.

Few questions as its been a while. What type of tires are legal at Seatac? Any ROAR approved touring car tire or does it have to be Jaco Blues like Magnussen Park?

Do I need to purchase a transponder or ROAR membership?
Welcome

Track has a spec tire for TC classes - 35/set

​​​​​​We require a transponder
shudson likes this.
Old 08-07-2023, 05:53 PM
Tech Initiate

Okay great! I assume those spec tires can be purchased on race day at the track?

Would either of these transponders be compatible with the either Seatac or Magnuson Park loop system? Would the 3 wire be better?
MyLaps RC4 Transponder (3-wire)
MyLaps RC4 Transponder (2-wire)

I'm sorry if its posted somewhere but I couldn't find any quick start guides on the forum or website.
Old 08-07-2023, 10:36 PM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Okay great! I assume those spec tires can be purchased on race day at the track?

Would either of these transponders be compatible with the either Seatac or Magnuson Park loop system? Would the 3 wire be better?
MyLaps RC4 Transponder (3-wire)
MyLaps RC4 Transponder (2-wire)

I'm sorry if its posted somewhere but I couldn't find any quick start guides on the forum or website.
Tires - yes

Transponders -- either will work
shudson likes this.
Old 08-09-2023, 08:18 AM
Tech Initiate

Any battery/motor recommendations? I have a Schumacher mi8. Was intending to run 21.5 for a while but eventually work up to 17.5 and mod. I ordered Reedy Zappers (ASC27379) but they are spec'd for stock. Rookie mistake, I didn't know there was different batteries for motors but I can still return them. Possible to find a battery for both or just stick to mod batteries for mod and stock to stock?

Is three batteries enough for one car class?

What's a good final drive ratio for Seatac in 21.5?

Last edited by shudson; 08-09-2023 at 08:47 AM.
Old 08-10-2023, 09:23 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Any battery/motor recommendations? I have a Schumacher mi8. Was intending to run 21.5 for a while but eventually work up to 17.5 and mod. I ordered Reedy Zappers (ASC27379) but they are spec'd for stock. Rookie mistake, I didn't know there was different batteries for motors but I can still return them. Possible to find a battery for both or just stick to mod batteries for mod and stock to stock?

Is three batteries enough for one car class?

What's a good final drive ratio for Seatac in 21.5?
mod batteries are different than stock batteries.

in stock on asphalt you want the biggest battery you can run. i'm running these-
for motors i'm running R1 v21-s motors. there are many places these can be purchased from. i've been working with Nick Bell Racing on my motors recently.

my R1 v21-s is geared at 3.48 (this is aggressive -- maybe start at 3.6). i also have a BIG fan on my motor.
shudson likes this.
Old 08-10-2023, 12:59 PM
Tech Apprentice

I am curious on the push for 21.5 stock sedan. We already have a 21.5 class - USGT. Looks cooler and the reduced grip on the tires allows for adequate challenge. With stock sedan at 17.5, there is a step-up class, for those who want to stretch their capabilities. I know I am lagging behind in this conversation, but wanted to chime in. Just as a note, I am not planning on switching my 21.5 out of my USGT and into my stock sedan.
Old 08-11-2023, 05:56 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by Miskhomatic
I am curious on the push for 21.5 stock sedan. We already have a 21.5 class - USGT. Looks cooler and the reduced grip on the tires allows for adequate challenge. With stock sedan at 17.5, there is a step-up class, for those who want to stretch their capabilities. I know I am lagging behind in this conversation, but wanted to chime in. Just as a note, I am not planning on switching my 21.5 out of my USGT and into my stock sedan.
It was a decision from the standpoint of those that competing on a regular basis, The lap spread between 17.5, which was and has been designated as Superstock appeared to be.5-1.0 sec/lap as compared to Mod Sedan.

We were Hoping for a larger disparity between Stock and Mod, and on a larger picture 21.5 is a more recognized class and seems to be leaning to 25.5 in the future, The stock 21.5 motors we have available today along with battery technology is on par with Mod speeds of 10-12 years ago.

21.5 stock is plain and simple more fun,better tires/traction,closer competition

That in a nutshell, You’re comments are welcome, There is still usgt, although most were glad to jump ship and toss those Plastic imbued useless round orbs that masqueraded as tires in the trash bin.17.5 superstock has been superseded as 21.5 Stock, and if you look on the Seattle Racers page is a class with rule set as well.
Old 08-11-2023, 07:25 AM
Tech Master

Rich, Take a look at the results from last weekend up in Vancouver, pointedly at the disparity between 17.5 and Mod, 1 lap differential, just over a second a lap..

Unless I’m mistaken, a key objective is fun, and to attract new racer’s, 17.5 superstock is a pretty fast pace, a bit overwhelming and disheartening to be 3-4 laps behind the leaders, USGT becomes disappointing as a result of lack of traction, USGT is great on carpet,not so much asphalt.

ymmv
Old 08-11-2023, 09:28 AM
Tech Elite

Default 21.5 Stock TC

Making rules for club racing is a tricky thing. It's a lead/follow assignment where we try to give guidance and confidence to those planning for and investing in the racing. At the same time, we have to match the drift of enthusiasm of our core racers. As much as we need to know WHAT to race, we need be sure there is a WHO to race on a given day.

On the latter point, it is an immutable truth that the stalwarts of any club have a big impact on the race program. For reasons Mike has articulated above, the stalwart enthusiasm has shifted toward 21.5 Stock, which is the nationwide standard indoors and out. From my long perspective, clubs with healthy Stock classes tend to be in good shape. I would like to see our program get there.

Certainly, there are always things to discuss. My long perspective in this area also tells me that Mike, Mike, and Ritchie will take on all points of debate with great vigor and reliable good humor. This is a free country and an open forum. Have at it.
busman likes this.
Old 08-11-2023, 09:34 AM
Tech Master

Thank you Mr. Mason for recognizing our endeavors to always inject levity in the conversation, Warranted or not, Life is but a joke, in other words, life is always fun at other’s expense, I don’t really believe that, it just was fun to say.
gwhiz likes this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.