Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree283Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 04-29-2021, 05:28 AM
R/C Tech Elite Member

Trader Rating: 28 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Nortran11 View Post
All we need is a little luck from Mother Nature and we're looking good!
good luck w/ your opening day fellas
word on the street is after ROAR asphalt nats at my current home track, Jackson RC, if you don't know who i am, you might very soon. i'm hoping i can make the final 3 races of your outdoor season in august
OVA, bshookup, Magnet Top and 2 others like this.
Old 04-29-2021, 08:46 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)
Default Ready to Launch!

Hello Seattle RC Racers!

1. The forecast for Saturday is typical Seattle spring. Nothing in it has me doubting our day. We are a go!
2. As of today and through the weekend, King County is in Phase 3. We are a go!
3. I look forward to seeing you all. It has been a long time.
4. Mike Hanulec! The rumors and rumblings seem to have basis in fact. Can't wait to see you at the track.

It's only Thursday. Lots of time to thrash. I still need to solder up an ESC. I think my batteries are okay? I'm bringing 32s and a used set of 36s. My body from 2019 is still good!

See you Saturday!
Old 04-29-2021, 09:58 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Jake or Todd,

Is there any chance of a live feed of the racing this year for those of us who can't make it to the track?

Steve
Old 04-29-2021, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Jake or Todd,

Is there any chance of a live feed of the racing this year for those of us who can't make it to the track?

Steve
Hi Steve,

Todd is hooking us up with a “hotspot”, so yes !

Jake
hanulec likes this.
Old 04-29-2021, 04:01 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

Originally Posted by hanulec View Post
good luck w/ your opening day fellas
word on the street is after ROAR asphalt nats at my current home track, Jackson RC, if you don't know who i am, you might very soon. i'm hoping i can make the final 3 races of your outdoor season in august
Holy smokes, this is gonna get fun.
bshookup likes this.
Old 04-30-2021, 01:19 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)
Default Hotspot

Jake,

How would one find this livestream goodness? I'm hoping to view it one my TV on YouTube? Is that possible?

Steve
JoshuaRC10 likes this.
Old 05-01-2021, 07:40 AM
Tech Adept

I'M GOIN RACING TODAY!

Woke up feeling like a 10 year old on Christmas morning!
bshookup and hanulec like this.
Old 05-01-2021, 09:54 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 14 (100%+)

that handle looks familiar i think i know you... i think you owe me money or something.. lol
Old 05-01-2021, 10:39 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by skypilot View Post
that handle looks familiar i think i know you... i think you owe me money or something.. lol
Got a bill of sale?
Old 05-02-2021, 06:39 AM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by corallyman View Post
Jake,

How would one find this livestream goodness? I'm hoping to view it one my TV on YouTube? Is that possible?

Steve
Sorry Steve, we don’t yet have the stream worked out but hopefully soon.
corallyman likes this.
Old 05-02-2021, 12:32 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2021 Seatac Opener Race Report!

All week, we were watching the forecast, anxious to see blue sky and sun on Saturday. Instead, it was an angst-y back and forth between early morning rain and daylong clouds and cool temperatures. After such a long hiatus, would we be frustrated by fickle spring weather? Well...we arrived to a damp track with standing water in places, cool temps, and cloudy skies. But, we were there, a determined contingent of veterans, plus a few new faces. We set to it: squeegeeing, blowing, and blowing some more. A huddle with Jake and Alex concluded that we would forego the spray for the day; we didn't think it would dry. So, we waited a bit more. At 11-ish, with patches of dry asphalt starting to expand, I decided a noon start was our goal. I put down the layout—Beast Mode, our deceptively long-lapped twin straight special with no sweepers.

Candidly, I was worried I wouldn't remember how to run the race program. But, right about then, a blue TC ripped across my of view—was that a mod car? On track? It was. Brett had had enough waiting. He gave it a go, and while there remained patches of damp coming on and off the back straight, he was tracking straight and true. His galvanizing show gave the rest he courage they needed, and in no time we were six on the stand getting practice on. It was a race day!

So long coming. I would like to emphasize the good feeling the day gave. It was a deep relief, and also a powerful feeling of renewal I felt to see everyone again. And, we remember how to do this! Once we got rolling, we didn't stop. A full race day was my goal, and we got it in. Three quals and a main, B mains in all touring classes, and quality racing laps.

This will be a touring car summer, I think. To cast no shade on any of our other classes, if you're on the sidelines wondering what to bring, then just go touring car. All three: 21.5 USGT, 17.5 Super Stock, and Modified are packed with talent and will deliver stout competition at your level. They are also versatile and adaptable. On a day like yesterday, with no spray—the track was otherwise immaculately clear of dust and debris—the touring cars hooked up beautifully. I did three of four runs on 32s and felt they were the best choice. Stuart, who dominated Modified with a 2 of 3 in qualifying an uncontested cruise to win the main, had his best luck with 32s. Single sets, for both of us. USGT, which is of course on spec tires, also looked great. Proof of that was Ritchie's and Crosier's nose to tail duel in the main.

Most of all—thank you for the day, the friendship, the common effort, and the return to life the day was. It was just so, so satisfying.

Our program is Phase 2 compliant, so we will be back at it in two weeks. In the meantime, build on the momentum and gather your forces. This season will be good.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Seatac 1May2021_Mains.pdf (245.3 KB, 86 views)
Seatac 1May2021_Q1.pdf (262.2 KB, 26 views)
Seatac 1May2021_Q2.pdf (262.2 KB, 16 views)
Seatac 1May2021_Q3.pdf (263.3 KB, 23 views)
bshookup, KR145, Wiggles and 3 others like this.
Old 05-03-2021, 05:33 PM
Tech Rookie

Thanks to all for a great time. It was my first time on asphalt and won't be the last.

-John
bshookup and Wiggles like this.
Old 05-05-2021, 11:37 AM
Tech Master

Just stopping by as a spectator, the good feelings throughout the pits were tangible. It was rad to see everyone again!
bshookup and Magnet Top like this.
Old 05-05-2021, 12:19 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by cementsurfer86 View Post
Just stopping by as a spectator, the good feelings throughout the pits were tangible. It was rad to see everyone again!
You said it. Lots of RC love
bshookup and cementsurfer86 like this.
Old 05-12-2021, 10:08 AM
Tech Elite

Default Race #2 Looking Good!

If you are into tracking forecasts, you may have noticed that Saturday at Seatac is shaping up to be splendid. With a solid first outing in the books and the muscles feeling the old rhythm, expect a strong program and great racing.
cementsurfer86 and JoshuaRC10 like this.

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service - Do Not Sell My Personal Information -

Copyright © 2021 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.