Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree618Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 06-08-2019, 10:57 PM
Tech Adept

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Great racing today everyone! I’ll admit that I was not the biggest fan of the pit stops when they started out, but man did the reason they exist click today. Back and forth we went for an electrifying 12 minutes. I don’t think many of us even blinked.

One of the memories for the books occurred just as all of us began exiting the drivers stand exhausted and barely able to move our “arthritic claws”. As the usual “good race” gestures were exchanged, I quietly (so the
kids wouldn’t hear) snuck in a “man..... these cars handle like S#*%!” . Depending on who you ask, the rapturous laughter was either a protest in me having such an idiotic thought or an overwhelming agreement in the fact that these realistic cars we all love have a tendency to look more like a scene from initial D.

I’ll leave that up to interpretation....
Old 06-10-2019, 11:45 AM
OVA
Tech Lord

Trader Rating: 86 (100%+)
Default Water hoses

Hey Todd
there is a guy tried to steal the water hoses this morning
I told the guy drop it and he walked away with his dog
somebody better find a better safe places to storage
Old 06-10-2019, 12:07 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

Hey Franko,

A. Thanks for being there and interrupting his nefarious plan
B. Dirty old water hoses? Seriously? Who steals water hoses?
C. Yea. Well, the more complicated we make it, the less likely it is for the grass to get watered
D. We'll think of something
E. Thanks again
Old 06-11-2019, 08:44 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Hey guys, I was planning on coming up for the CTS race and just noticed generators are needed. Is that true? Is there one in particular I would need to get?
Old 06-11-2019, 08:53 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

A high capacity 4s-6s battery will be cheaper and easier to transport. I have a 4s 16000 and barely last the day with practice. I think others are using 5s or 6s, those will definitely last you the whole day with practice. Double check with someone who is currently using that setup before buying. I think Korey Harbke is using a 6s battery.

Hobbyking, which has a warehouse in Oregon, sells large capacity batteries.
Old 06-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Old 06-11-2019, 08:51 PM
Tech Adept

Originally Posted by malkiy
A high capacity 4s-6s battery will be cheaper and easier to transport. I have a 4s 16000 and barely last the day with practice. I think others are using 5s or 6s, those will definitely last you the whole day with practice. Double check with someone who is currently using that setup before buying. I think Korey Harbke is using a 6s battery.

Hobbyking, which has a warehouse in Oregon, sells large capacity batteries.
Full size car batteries are also a good option. My $90 Duracell deep cycle 35AH powers both cars (mod tc and f1) all day long with room to spare. A couple races back, a racer had his battery fail and needed to charge off my battery. Surprisingly, it still pulled through the day.
Old 06-11-2019, 09:34 PM
Tech Regular

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

I’m a fan of the ExpertPower EXP12200’s on amazon. It’s $40 on Amazon and is Prime.

I use one and have gotten through a day of 2 quals and a main for 4 cars before. Get two if you’re not sure 20Ah is enough. Together they’d be about the size of a standard car battery.
JeffofSpace likes this.
Old 06-19-2019, 10:01 AM
Tech Rookie

My apologies if I missed it somewhere, but do we have a schedule for the weekend? Todd had said the track will be ready by 8am on Sat but the CTS says controlled practice starts at 7am. Also, what time does racing start because if the track isn't ready until 8am, I assume we're also not racing at 9:15am as the website states? Thanks. Just trying to figure out if I really need to get up at 4:30am.

Thank you in advance
Old 06-19-2019, 10:03 AM
Tech Rookie

Also, what happens on Sunday when it rains? Is there a plan to condense racing?
Old 06-19-2019, 10:56 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 4 (100%+)

Originally Posted by todddamnit
My apologies if I missed it somewhere, but do we have a schedule for the weekend? Todd had said the track will be ready by 8am on Sat but the CTS says controlled practice starts at 7am. Also, what time does racing start because if the track isn't ready until 8am, I assume we're also not racing at 9:15am as the website states? Thanks. Just trying to figure out if I really need to get up at 4:30am.

Thank you in advance
Track blow off/ prep is scheduled to start at 8am each day ( this usually takes an hour ) with open practice to follow.

My guess would be a start no earlier than 10am, more likely closer to our normal club race Q1 time of 11am but we have concours and tech, etc, so it may start earlier than normal. I cannot say for certain.
Weather will need to be dealt with on the fly, as it happens. So far we look fine for a full event.

Jake
Old 06-19-2019, 11:39 AM
Tech Rookie

Originally Posted by Magnet Top

Track blow off/ prep is scheduled to start at 8am each day ( this usually takes an hour ) with open practice to follow.

My guess would be a start no earlier than 10am, more likely closer to our normal club race Q1 time of 11am but we have concours and tech, etc, so it may start earlier than normal. I cannot say for certain.
Weather will need to be dealt with on the fly, as it happens. So far we look fine for a full event.

Jake
Thanks Jake, I appreciate it. Sounds more like a normal race program. Weather seems to depend on what app you look at. Mine has an 80% chance of light rain all morning on Sunday.
Old 06-19-2019, 02:55 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 16 (100%+)

I bought a 16AH 6s the beginning of the season with some advice from Korey and Mike. Sure, it was $160 something, but it's waaaaaaayyyyy more convenient then hauling a geny and fuel. And of course it's silent. Mike figured out he could do "regen" for dump cycling your pack....if you in to that sort of thing. I use approximately 4300 out of the 16000 6s practice, 3 heats and mains in F1. Then I was advised to only charge to 4.18/cell to prolong the life.

bb
Old 06-20-2019, 12:45 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Does anybody who owns a associated 12r6 have a carbon chassis and bottom plate that they would be willing to sell, let me know as I can pick up Friday at Sea-Tac. Just need to know a price.

Steve
Old 06-20-2019, 12:53 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 101 (100%+)

Brian, Mike, or Korey,

Assume I'm dumb, why does 6s work better than 4s for powering chargers to charge lipo's? Also do the charger internals matter, example does the charger need to be more modern like a icharger or would a lrp touch charger work just the same?

To all,

I am also looking for a modern 10.5 bl if anyone has one. I would like to try to run the 235 pan car class at the upcoming CTS this weekend if possible.

Thanks,
Steve

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.