Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center >

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Like Tree595Likes

Seattle RC Racers/North SeaTac Racing Center

Old 05-16-2018, 04:07 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

Hobbywing powered going forward... old man blinky ride ready for the Sizzler if offered again...if not will be adding some boost!!

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=naLSVEI2BHI#
Old 05-18-2018, 08:57 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 1 (100%+)

RACE DAY TOMORROW!

Lots of action in the area, onroad and offroad, including at our little track in the park--the Seatac R/C Raceway.

We've got:
Stock and Mod TC
Scale Spec
F1
1/12th Mod
Novice
Euro Trucks are welcome!

Q1 at 11. 3 quals and a main.

Bring your own tables, chairs, and power.

See you at the races!
Old 05-18-2018, 07:25 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 29 (100%+)

see you gents tomorrow
Magnet Top likes this.
Old 05-20-2018, 11:35 PM
Tech Elite

Default 19May2018 Race Report

Another fantastic outing for the Seattle RC Racers at Cottonwood International Raceway. We call it that this time of year for the gentle, daylong fall of cottonwood onto the track, in the grass, in our belts, clumped on our shocks and every place even slightly sticky. It does nothing to diminish the enthusiasm, and the traction was excellent. It's just one of the dynamics of real outdoor racing in a park. Rain delayed the start an hour, but our 40 entries nevertheless held to our three quals and a main schedule. Credit must go to Jerry Boyle for his constant work in the early going to clear the track of water, so when the sun came out, we were ready to rip in short order. And also a shout to Jake who takes the lead on our track prep race in and race out. He's found a good formula for spray, which shows in consistent, daylong traction.

We had an excellent showing of mainland Canadians, the familiar crew from Richmond, and also Jason from clear over in Kamloops. It's just the best thing to see those guys, as we have for years and years, and the return trip must be made. If not before, the RRR Summer Challenge the first weekend of August should be on your calendars if you can make it.

The blow by blow of our races can be seen at our track results at RCScoringPro: RCScoringPro Results

I want to wish good luck to our racers headed to Reedy next weekend. It will be the final Reedy race at the soon to be torn up Tamiya raceway in Aliso Viejo. All good things eventually must end, but so many good races have been battled out at that track. It will be missed. Still, West Coast racing is strong, and those racers will surely redirect their energy to a worthy venue.

Results attached.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf
Mains 19May2018.pdf (239.7 KB, 86 views)
Q1 19May2018.pdf (242.3 KB, 52 views)
Q2 19May2018.pdf (265.7 KB, 45 views)
Q3 19May2018.pdf (267.8 KB, 59 views)
Old 05-21-2018, 09:46 PM
Tech Regular

What a beautiful day of racing. We got a weather break and a touch of sun just long enough for all three qualifiers and the mains. Started raining again right after.

🤙🏼
Old 05-30-2018, 10:30 PM
Tech Champion

Any tires available trackside? Asking for the 16th...
Old 05-31-2018, 03:25 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Logi Maker
Any tires available trackside? Asking for the 16th...
I'm going to do you one better!
Old 05-31-2018, 03:59 PM
Tech Elite

Default June 16 Spec Tire Race

We have some left over Sizzler spec tires from last year. So!

June 16th is Free Spec Tire Day! All Stock TC and Mod TC racers get one free set of tires with their entry. I'm not making it mandatory to run them because inevitably someone will howl that I'm making them do something they don't want to do. But, the cool kids will be running TP 36s for the day.

Logi Maker likes this.
Old 05-31-2018, 04:49 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 19 (100%+)

Looking forward to racing with you guys again on Saturday, as usual I will be bringing the portable store .with regards to vbc, their popularity has been declining as of late so if you wish me to bring any of their tc parts(I will bring f1 parts) please text me or message me on Facebook
1/12 scale parts please let me know ahead of time
And if you need a car body please let me know .
Text at 1-604-612-9507
https://www.facebook.com/alex.pate.35

Also I have a race ready vbc ghost equipped with orca electronics and an mt4s loaner car, if anyone is looking to run stock please let me know ahead of time or I will leave the car at home.

Thanks guys see you sat
Old 05-31-2018, 05:28 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by PutAwayWet
We have some left over Sizzler spec tires from last year. So!

June 16th is Free Spec Tire Day! All Stock TC and Mod TC racers get one free set of tires with their entry. I'm not making it mandatory to run them because inevitably someone will howl that I'm making them do something they don't want to do. But, the cool kids will be running TP 36s for the day.

well that answered my question... ..

What about novice?
Old 06-03-2018, 10:38 PM
Tech Elite

Default 2June2018 Race Report

A weather forecast threatened our first two race days, though we got through both just fine. This time out, a grim traffic forecast had racers freaked out. Carmageddon. I know a couple ducked out, not wanting to sit through a two-hour jam northbound, but in the end, our turnout was solid again. We had 43 entries, full heats, 36R track temps, and excellent competition across the board. I also got home no problem up 99 to Green Lake and then cut across.

As has been the case, but I won't go without calling them out all the same, Jake and Jerry made a big contribution in the morning prepping the track. Thank you, guys!

And the racers made good on the effort with superb performances all day long. It seems almost illicit, like we're getting away with something being able to race on this track with such good conditions and talented racers in attendance week in and out. But on the other hand, we've worked so hard for it, so maybe Fortuna has us in her graces for awhile. I don't want to tempt her by getting complacent, so we'll keep the hammer down on continuing to improve the grounds, sharpening our individual programs, and welcoming new racers.

I forgot to take a picture, so you'll have to imagine the day's champions in your mind's eye.

Scale Spec: Mike Boyle—jock strap, black calf socks with sandals, clown wig, grape juice box.

Novice: Sara Mendoza—early 90s Rachel cut; bedazzled jeggings with an N'Sync concert shirt; half skim, half almond milk, double shot latte.

Stock TC: Todd Mason—James Bond tuxedo, Aston Martin Vantage, Russian swimsuit model double agent, cosmopolitan martini.

Formula One: Rich Mishko—mullet haircut, pleated bleach-washed jeans, NAPA auto parts trucker hat, Jaegermeister shot.

Modified TC: Korey Harbke—the Hers half of a His and Hers t-shirt set, a yard-long list of sponsors past and present ( double column,10 pt. Font, single-spaced), wheat grass smoothie on ice.

Modified 1/12th: Stuart Mason—New Balance shorts to the knees, Kiss “Alive in '75” t-shirt, #7 Raikkonen cap, 32 oz. Sprite.

And if you're thinking, “Man, that's an impressive crew!” Well, you'd be right!

Here is the blow by blow from RCScoringPro: June 2 2018 Seatac Club Race

Results attached.
Attached Files
Mains 2Jun2018.pdf (269.3 KB, 75 views)
Q2 2Jun2018.pdf (298.4 KB, 34 views)
Q1 2Jun2018.pdf (291.9 KB, 42 views)
Q3 2Jun2018.pdf (306.4 KB, 46 views)
Old 06-05-2018, 01:51 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Greg Jones and I stopped by on Saturday to watch some races, and he took a video of the mod TC A main. Some nice smooth and fast driving going on:

See you at the next race!

- Brian
JayBee, Magnet Top and REECE. like this.
Old 06-05-2018, 11:09 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 31 (100%+)

Can't do any outdoor this summer, but I'm getting prepared for the rug....

Needing a transponder tho. Any deals anywhere?
See you guys soon!!!
Old 06-12-2018, 03:22 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

HANDOUT TIRE SATURDAY HERE WE COME!!
Logi Maker likes this.
Old 06-12-2018, 04:06 PM
Tech Champion

Father's Day pre funk!! Bringing a novice and some new power!!

Search this Thread

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.