Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Race Results!

Search this Thread

Old 08-28-2006, 03:21 PM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by teambighead
I waited all night for that?? For some reason I was expecting something better than a "ugh".... C'mon, give it another try, I know you can do better than that, lol.

we'll see, still processing ramifications...
Old 08-28-2006, 03:49 PM
Tech Legend

So you guys know, there`s nobody out there that I don`t what to race with...

Nobody I know in our sport is that bad, cept maybe that N/w Corry dude .

I look forward to those who have not race with me in this new pro class , hope to give everyone the best of sport possible .....

WILD (Geo)
Old 08-28-2006, 05:40 PM
Tech Elite

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry
Jon , If this is right let me know ?

Stock is affordable cus the track pays you 8 race bucks each Friday night when you win...

and

You can`t afford Mod ....

Because you can`t win those same 8 race bucks in mod every Friday ?

Factory driver`s in Mod, some "world class " can make it a bit tuffer Uh ?

O-Man ! Thats HURTING ....
Stock is more affordable because you don't go through tires as fast. Diffs last longer, and so do outdrives and all the drive train. And its easier to break at higher speeds on the straight. And there are usually more people to run with.

Its harder to go fast with more people on the track. It hones the skills. If its only three cars, you don't learn the getting around people thing. You know like setting up a corner to make a pass and stuff like that. It comes down to being a good driver in the sence that most are fairly close on power, or maybe some have more straight speed, and some more punch. You can play with it more to your benefit. But, its fairly equal. So, with that said, you basically have to out drive the competition to win.

Run stock all you want. If you WANT to race mod, then race mod. Novice is the only class that should have limited entries based on skill level. That is the NEWBIE class. Its like saying the guy that always wins Nascar should go and run Drag cars because he should give somebody else a shot a winning.

THis is a competitive sport. Some guy that doesn't put in the time, or effort learning all the set up and motor tuning and gearing and practicing shouldn't get the win handed to them to make them a more happy customer. Its called RACING, its not called Winning...

TRCR would have to change their name to Tacoma RC Winway.
Old 08-29-2006, 05:04 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by PitCrew
Stock is more affordable because you don't go through tires as fast. Diffs last longer, and so do outdrives and all the drive train. And its easier to break at higher speeds on the straight. And there are usually more people to run with.

Its harder to go fast with more people on the track. It hones the skills. If its only three cars, you don't learn the getting around people thing. You know like setting up a corner to make a pass and stuff like that. It comes down to being a good driver in the sence that most are fairly close on power, or maybe some have more straight speed, and some more punch. You can play with it more to your benefit. But, its fairly equal. So, with that said, you basically have to out drive the competition to win.

Run stock all you want. If you WANT to race mod, then race mod. Novice is the only class that should have limited entries based on skill level. That is the NEWBIE class. Its like saying the guy that always wins Nascar should go and run Drag cars because he should give somebody else a shot a winning.

THis is a competitive sport. Some guy that doesn't put in the time, or effort learning all the set up and motor tuning and gearing and practicing shouldn't get the win handed to them to make them a more happy customer. Its called RACING, its not called Winning...

TRCR would have to change their name to Tacoma RC Winway.

Bridge,

How's that?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:44 AM
Tech Legend

Default STOCK IS FOR BEGINNER~S not Novices

Hey Pit s ! You forget the begginer`s in STOCK who just got bumped out of NOVICE...

These beginner`s are the racer`s who make money for the track you know ?

The sponsored Stock driver`s don`t even buy their motor & battery`s from the track !!!( great customer`s )

When sponsored racer`s win every club stock race making it impossible for the beginner`s to stay and play....

Hows that helping the track or the sport Pits ?

Its a tuff business dealing with racer`s that drive away the very customer`s who it depends on !!!
Hard to deal with um , they only care about a easy win ....

Now days
The Motor tuner`s will sponsored anyone who will buy their products at a discount , Their sponsorships are no longer base on the racer`s ability`s anymore .

Its now based on how much they spend !!!

More troubles ahead.....

How that Jon ?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 2 (100%+)

George, You drive away more people from the track than anyone winning stock all the time...........!

How's that Jon?
Old 08-29-2006, 09:50 AM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 45 (96%+)

Not every Motor Co. Sponsors anyone. Some do though

Now lets take Sterling or myself for example. Yes we get our Motors/Batteries for free (not sure if Jon does) and you might think this does not help the shop but your wrong.

Scott carries Birdman (Jons Sponsor) so if Jon wins all the time the slower guys will me more prone to buy Birdman Motors at Retail pricing therefore supporting the shop, same at Amain if I win all the time people will go buy my Motors.

The problem is if one Company Sponsors everyone that runs thier Motors then yes it hurts the shop, and yes there are Companies that will Sponsor anyone just to turn Product cause they cant sell to anyone else.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:12 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 21 (100%+)

Originally Posted by Wild Cherry

Its a tuff business dealing with racer`s that drive away the very customer`s who it depends on !!!
amen, now please STFU... you are not playing by the new rules that apply to you and brian phillips.

hows that everyone?
Old 08-29-2006, 10:25 AM
Tech Master

Default free what??

For the record:

I get NOTHING for free!!!!!!!

I get wholesale only! About the same as Scotty pays.

Bite me George I buy from all my LHS's including TRCR, FW and SIR.

An yes People come to "Race" me!

People go to "avoid" you!
Old 08-29-2006, 10:33 AM
Tech Champion

Didnt know Jon, just making a point.
Old 08-29-2006, 10:42 AM
Tech Legend

Originally Posted by Sterling Racer
For the record:

An yes People come to "Race" me!
I don`t have to avoid racing anybody just for a stock club win .....
Old 08-29-2006, 10:47 AM
Tech Master

Your so tough and cool on-line it's hard to believe your the same guy I see at the track.

Maybe you should offer to do Daycare for Scotty, that would save him money too

Then we could have fun at the track w/o you!
Old 08-29-2006, 11:50 AM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

new rule

Last edited by Poweredbysbc; 08-29-2006 at 12:05 PM.
Old 08-29-2006, 07:49 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 18 (100%+)

Thanks for pointing that out Sterling. Contrary to popular belief very few people get anything for free. just because someone says they are sponsered does not mean they don't pay. I have to pay for my stuff!
Old 08-29-2006, 09:40 PM
Tech Champion

Originally Posted by RT76
I have to pay for my stuff!
Uh ok. Just grab something and write it off - its called advertisement.

Contact Us - Archive - Advertising - Cookie Policy - Privacy Statement - Terms of Service -

Copyright © 2024 MH Sub I, LLC dba Internet Brands. All rights reserved. Use of this site indicates your consent to the Terms of Use.