Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
Outdoor On Road in Grants Pass- Interest? >

Outdoor On Road in Grants Pass- Interest?

Community
Wiki Posts
Search

Outdoor On Road in Grants Pass- Interest?

Search this Thread

Old 09-28-2009, 02:53 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 17 (100%+)
Default Outdoor On Road in Grants Pass- Interest?

Well the details are slim, but were working on some temporary outdoor prepped asphalt racing in Grants Pass. We have 2 locations in mind and one of them approved. Electric and gas classes. I would really like to see a 13.5 and 17.5 electric class, and depending on the number of gas cars maybe a sportsman and expert class. Track will be prepped and scoring is in the air. If somebody had a AMB system we could rent or borrow that would be awesome. But the chances of that are slim.

Who would wanna travel? Were doing it just for fun. This is something to hold us over till carpet season and we get a carpet facility.

-Mike Owen
Old 10-01-2009, 10:41 AM
Tech Master

Default ??

A couple of us in Roseburg still have sedans. Electric and nitro. You should look into a school with a covered shed so you can run nitro all winter. What is happening down there for carpet racing?
Old 10-01-2009, 11:17 AM
Tech Master

Originally Posted by stu541
A couple of us in Roseburg still have sedans. Electric and nitro. You should look into a school with a covered shed so you can run nitro all winter. What is happening down there for carpet racing?
There are so many rumors about carpet going in around here its amazing. And there is a similar place in our mind to what your describing. Its covered, asphalt, and behind a school. Only problem is, its covered in paint for hop scotch boards and such things. But I would imagine it can all be made better with syrup and soda for some consistent traction.

Im working on a lot of different ideas. Ill keep posted when I find out anything major.
Old 10-03-2009, 12:21 PM
Tech Rookie

Yeah buddy! I'm all for it. I live in GP so I'd be verry happy to have somewhere local to race. Please keep me informed.

wayne
Old 11-02-2009, 12:22 AM
Tech Rookie

I'm down fo sho