Go Back  R/C Tech Forums > North American Regional Forums > Northwest Racers
1st Annual Timezone Gran Prix November 6th 7th and 8th 2009 >

1st Annual Timezone Gran Prix November 6th 7th and 8th 2009

1st Annual Timezone Gran Prix November 6th 7th and 8th 2009

Old 11-10-2009, 09:27 AM
Tech Elite

Morning Guys: THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU, I'm sure that is probably not even close enough thanks to all who helped and attended this event. Wow Scotty is on the plane to China, and I am finally a little rested from what was a month and a half marathon of work preparing for this race. We got it done, but not without a huge amount of help from Rick, Richard, Andy, and Dave, and of course the TZ Superstars...

Cannot wait to continue enjoying all our hard work.... the vibe in the building the whole weekend was great, and as mentioned in all the prior post some insane racing took place. congrats to all the winners, and participants. I will say I am surprised we were even able to race ourselves , it's almost impossible to try and race and also be the shop owners..... can't wait for the race at RC Plus.

There are so many I have forgot to give thanks to, but I can tell you Scotty had an incredible time, and it looks like next year will be stellar.....

I will try and get the results up on our site ASAP, they are upon Liverc still.
kind of busy trying to catch up at work from several weeks of playing race hookie
Old 11-10-2009, 09:30 AM
Tech Elite

Also forgat to mention Scotty will get a race report up on Red RC which should get us N.W. Racers some well deserved exposure........

We'll keep our eye out for it and get the link up.

Also should see one from Brian at CRC.
Old 11-10-2009, 06:41 PM
Tech Champion

Trader Rating: 56 (100%+)

The results on Live RC have been messed up since the break on Sunday.... What were the top three's??

Congrats on a great event!!!!! More cameras next year please!!! Wouldn't it be cool to get a Live RC one above the track looking straight down!!!

Hopefully next year I will be there, hey Turtlemaster, hook me up!!! I will watch your coat all weekend!!!!!
Old 11-10-2009, 06:50 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 8 (100%+)

Finally made it home.

Thanks to the Timezone folks. Great fun and good folks.

Nice to see everybody and put a few more names with faces. I gained 3 pounds last week, Evan reported 3.5 *ugh* I should have let that black dog eat more of my food than she made off with on her own.
Old 11-10-2009, 07:34 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

what a weekend! mark, rick, richard and all the other tz guys thank you for being such an outstanding group. to scotty, you are the man and i was glad to be your wing man. if you ever need help you know where to find me.

joey, i have a few pics for you.
Attached Thumbnails 1st Annual Timezone Gran Prix November 6th 7th and 8th 2009-tzgp2.jpg   1st Annual Timezone Gran Prix November 6th 7th and 8th 2009-tzgp1.jpg   1st Annual Timezone Gran Prix November 6th 7th and 8th 2009-tzgp3.jpg  
Old 11-10-2009, 08:18 PM
Tech Master

Trader Rating: 51 (100%+)
Default RC Hangover almost gone

RC hangover has been replaced by work. Not really a fair trade. What a great event! Thanks to Mark, Rick, Richard, Andy, Dave and the wives/girlfriends. I had a blast racing (although a little disappointed in myself). The mains on Sunday were awesome especially with Scotty and Chris announcing. From C mains to A mains there were many tight battles, close finishes, upsets, and heartbreaking last 2 turns.

Can't wait to do it all over again. 3 weeks and 2 days til RCplus.

Troy

PS Forgot to mention Clete and Chris. I Had a lot of fun pitting with you guys.

Last edited by Troy Mckune; 11-10-2009 at 08:36 PM.
Old 11-10-2009, 08:56 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 22 (100%+)

Just to duplicate what everyone else has said. What an AWESOME race. All weekend was filled with excitment and fun. Scotty calling the races, Chris helping on the mic doing an awesome job. People forgot that the annoucer helps make the race, when they get excited the crowd gets excited. Those 2 kept everyone on thier feet all day.

Congrats to all the winners and look forward to seeing everyone at RC Plus in Dec.

Tim
Old 11-11-2009, 12:25 PM
Tech Addict

Trader Rating: 6 (100%+)

Mark,
Just wanted to say that I was kidding with using the watch as my avatar.

TTFN,
Grem
Old 11-11-2009, 01:40 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 10 (100%+)

Originally Posted by wfo97
what a weekend! mark, rick, richard and all the other tz guys thank you for being such an outstanding group. to scotty, you are the man and i was glad to be your wing man. if you ever need help you know where to find me.

joey, i have a few pics for you.
haha I made him those fat chick maskings
Old 11-11-2009, 03:04 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 13 (100%+)

thanks chris for the pictures
Old 11-11-2009, 04:55 PM
Tech Elite

Ritchie got your coat....... Marc got your power supply, hopefully some guys from up north will come down before we head up to run at the Hanger in December, or RC plus.

Thanks again guys for all your kind words, Rick Richard and I sat up there last night and reflected on the killer weekend, and can't wait till we run again.
Old 11-11-2009, 07:40 PM
Tech Elite

Trader Rating: 9 (100%+)

And I've been sitting in my head rumaging thru all the fantastic episodes of last w/end. Thanks to all us merry racers for these memories. Amongst all of them, the strongest image of hardcore racers was John Tveeten and Scott battling for lap after lap in their WGT main. That was so joyful seeing those two happy chappies come off the drivers stand.

Then there was the incomparable Scottie Ernst. Such a lack of fuss !!

And then, Mark, Rick Richard and the TZ crew. Thanks a 1,000,000 for the outstanding event of the NW racing scene. Onwards and upwards 2010...

What time's the fourth round ??

Jacko

Last edited by Victor Vector; 11-11-2009 at 07:58 PM.
Old 11-11-2009, 08:15 PM
Tech Elite

I posted the pics I took in a Flikr account here:
http://www.flickr.com/photos/3409832...7622662044929/
I try to shoot a random sampling of everybody. Sorry if I missed ya. Wave me over and we'll get a good shot.

Had one small video I shot of Randon in Mod touring rubber.
+ YouTube Video
ERROR: If you can see this, then YouTube is down or you don't have Flash installed.
Old 11-11-2009, 10:19 PM
Tech Fanatic

Trader Rating: 3 (100%+)

Wow what a fun Place to race! Everyone was on their top form. Mike (OD)and I had a great time there and will be back next year (By Plane)Mark and the Timezone crew did a great Job. Free Pizza and Hotdogs! then Cake wow.
I been in Rc for over 30+ years and never did I have a Dog on the driverstand with me but TONKA was there every round never got in the way and I never seen Tonka or Toya out on the track they Just added to the Fun.

Great Racing with Dave in 13.5 rubber I had the 1st one Dave (I forgot to move that Board)
Heavy battle in the 3rd WGT

I hope to see the Guys form up north come on down to The Nats at our track next year.

Tim C
Old 11-12-2009, 12:20 AM
Tech Elite

Tonka got my lunch Burrito on Friday, most of one of my hotdogs and half of it's replacement. And a solid 8oz. piece of cake that I found missing when I returned after marshalling. That dog should weigh about 350 pounds now. ...lmao...

I'm in the pits, got a hot dog in my hand, kind of near my lap. I feel this weird heat on my hand... I look down there's the nose of the dog sticking out about 1" from under the pit table. The nose is moving about 1mm a second, mouth wide open, breathing on my hand and moving closer and closer to the hotdog. I can't see the dog... just the nose. Closer, and closer and closer it comes. Without moving my hand, I mention to Evan, "check this out" and I nod toward my hand and the dog moving in, like a Ninja... you can barely see it moving. we get a good laugh out of it, and the dog is un-deterred. Still moving in, mouth getting wider and wider... millimeter by millimeter. And you know the dog is thinking... "they can't see me... I'm invisible..." I think it took about 30 seconds for the dog to finally just chomp onto that thing... It was hilarious. Good times.

Sorry about making the dog fat... He earned that hotdog. ...lol...